CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

800 bombardier top speed

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 01:19 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 800 bombardier top speed

I am not sure what you mean its not the fastest, but at the same time you agree it is the most powerfull. What stock quad is faster? I know this thread is 3 pages long but, I would point out that the majority of us are getting in the mid to upper 70s. We are just trying to help 4me figure out why his is not getting there. It maybe a freak like yours in that yours is faster than most stock cat's his is just a little slower for some, reason and we are just trying to help him get it up to speed. I would correct you in the since who ever told you that the Outy's motor was not detuned is mistaken. The Outy motor is very detuned. I have spoke with several tunner company's working on mods and they have found several tricks to find the missing HP in these twin 800 rotax motors. One company I spoke with has clamed they have found around 20 rear wheel HP in just cams and head work.

Old 05-03-2006, 06:13 PM
4ME
Trailblazer

well im at a lost because in every chat or listing on this 800 people are saying 70 mph and more? its just not there on this atv so far. im really hoping that it comes to life because low end and 0-60 its all good but top end its a dog. im sory to say but for 9 large im very disapointed in the top end. everything else is excellant i just need this thing juiced up and i really dont want to touch the powerplant because it should be there and it seems like its there but its holding back.

Old 05-03-2006, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider

4ME, I would take it into the dealer mention to them that you have spoke with countless other owners and there seems to be a little power shortage with your machine. See if they can update your CDI programing or if they have a way to check and see if its running to rich as we were suspecting it was in yesterdays conversation. Let them know your top speed is off by almost 10 mph compared to everyone elses machines. Hopefully they can reflash your computor and that solves the problem. Otherwise just keep riding it and riding it hard to see if its just a matter of getting it broke in a little more.

Old 05-03-2006, 06:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: cc1999
I am not sure what you mean its not the fastest, but at the same time you agree it is the most powerfull. What stock quad is faster? I know this thread is 3 pages long but, I would point out that the majority of us are getting in the mid to upper 70s. We are just trying to help 4me figure out why his is not getting there. It maybe a freak like yours in that yours is faster than most stock cat's his is just a little slower for some, reason and we are just trying to help him get it up to speed. I would correct you in the since who ever told you that the Outy's motor was not detuned is mistaken. The Outy motor is very detuned. I have spoke with several tunner company's working on mods and they have found several tricks to find the missing HP in these twin 800 rotax motors. One company I spoke with has clamed they have found around 20 rear wheel HP in just cams and head work.
The bomb has more hp, but the gear ratio ultimately determines speed. My quad hits 70+ mph just like yours, it just takes me longer to get there than you. Im not trying to start anything, and i honestly thought boms 800 wasnt detuned, and if it was, holy sh**, i cant imagine how much power that thing would have! And if mine was brought to full power, holy sh** again! Just not to your extent. I honestly believe we have the most powerful stock motors available (V-Twin )

Old 05-03-2006, 06:53 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

All i know is that the BRP 800 smokes my raptor hillshooting. I have done Extensive testing in this area. the way the weight is balanced ever with 2 - 200lb+ people on the outty it will still spank the raptor up the hill. It gets the power to the ground where the raptor you just cant give it hell at the bottom of the hill. Im an all or nothing rider and from what ive ridden there is no comparrison in that style of riding.

Old 05-04-2006, 06:36 PM
4ME
Trailblazer

well im taking friday off and im going to nh with the atv so well see. i did talk to the dealer i get service work from because my buying dealer could screw up a free lunch!! he said to call him with the info miles etc... and he would call brp and find out what the break in period is for real. also he said it should be in the 70's for speed. atv the first check up he said he would check all the mapping,computer,fuel system,alingment and than some so i need to put the miles to her and im going to go from here. also he said brp is having a major problem with the speedo's on these outlanders. well i report back on monday,happy riding,thanks 4me

Old 05-08-2006, 06:57 PM
4ME
Trailblazer

well i got my speedo back in miles which was a plus!! i thought i had more miles than i did but right now its at 126 miles and 12.6 hours. the service soon light came on. i called my dealer and they put a call to brp to see whats up with the lack of top end. i took this thing down my road in nh just under 2 miles and on tar 69 mph? well i need a bit of help up top so i hope the dealer can help me.4me

Old 05-18-2006, 11:37 AM
Trailblazer

mine will usually hit 90mph in the back of my chevy what are you guys smokin i want some

Old 05-18-2006, 04:54 PM
Al1
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: bassmasterrap
I have only seen a utility quad wheelie once. Someone should post a vid of an outlander wheeling
heres me riding a wheelie on mine.
http://atv.dnsalias.com/forum.cgi?vi...opic=77&show=2

Old 05-18-2006, 05:15 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: Al1
Originally posted by: bassmasterrap
I have only seen a utility quad wheelie once. Someone should post a vid of an outlander wheeling
heres me riding a wheelie on mine.
http://atv.dnsalias.com/forum.cgi?vi...opic=77&show=2
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Bitchin.. The outty does wheelie nicely [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] this is off topic for this thread but i was reading the thread you posted above and had sompin to add on ground clearance.. I dont believe it to be the sagged clearance but the amount of clearance you can still get your tires to the ground.. fully extended. ? for instance your have a 12" log across the trail and you plop your front tires over and your belly pan is touching but your not highcenterd cuz your tires are still on the ground? Im gonna have to throw a jack under the outty this weekend and measure the unloaded clearance...

Quick Reply: 800 bombardier top speed