CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

running problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 10:44 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default running problems

when i am riding my 2001 DS650 and i brake the quad wants to stall out...i pull the clutch all the way in and i no the clutch is adjusted right b/c u can start it in gear n it dosnt jump...also wants to cut out wen im in high gear and let off...

can u help please?

i was thinking plugs mayb?

and another thing is y does the ds have 2 spark plugs?

thank u

Old 04-11-2006, 11:29 PM
Trailblazer
Default running problems

hey, sorry i cant help because unfortunately i'm having the same bullspit problems with my stock 05 DS 650X. I thaught maybe i had water in my system so i took my airfilter out cleaned and dried, drained the carborator, took the plugs out, turned it over without the plugs in, cleaned them up and put them back in. Then i took the baffeling out of the muffler and ran it for a minute, and still nothing. Next i guess is to change oil, i checked it and there is no water in it so i dont know. Mine also stalls out mid flight, and going down hills. The bottom end is where u can notice the lack of power the most. So any help would be appreciated, i hate it when my toys arnt running right.

Old 04-11-2006, 11:43 PM
Trailblazer
Default running problems

hey thor, another thing im thinkn is that now, depending on where u live, that the climate change from winter to summer, maybe the bikes need to be rejetted, i;m still rookie, but it might work hopefully someone who knows what there talking about helps us out.

Old 04-12-2006, 09:56 PM
Trailblazer
Default running problems

hey thor im still no help to you, but i ran by DS up to my dealer to get fixed so when they let me know whats wrong, ill reply back again. They said they would put it through the computer tomorrow, but their swamped so it may be a couple days, anyways since nobody else wants to help i guess ill hit you up when i find out whats wrong.

Old 04-12-2006, 10:09 PM
Trailblazer
Default running problems

ok thank you

Old 04-12-2006, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default running problems

Hey guys. This is what i think might be the problem. I would def check the jetting. Are u getting any popping sounds out of it? There r a number of things. First. I would try going up in your jetting. it almost sounds like you are running lean. another thing to check would be your idle screw. It may need adjusted. Next check all the connections going in to the carb. if it is sucking air any where that will cause it as well. One last thing. When was the lst time you had the valves adjusted. Let me know if any of this helps you out.

Old 04-12-2006, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default running problems

Hey thor...I just saw that you say you are jetted. if you are jetted to odp you may be off as well. ODP settings are set to the elevations and climate of oregon. You might want to look into that as well.

Old 04-12-2006, 11:32 PM
Trailblazer
Default running problems

finally, thanks crash, and i am getting that popping sound, i would say its comming from my air box, but everything to my carb is good, so hopefully its the jetting that needs to be reset.

Old 04-13-2006, 11:40 PM
Trailblazer
Default running problems

hey thor i got my bike back and what they did was just clean out the carb, change oil, and put new plugs in. When i drained the carb i guess that wasnt good enough, they took it apart and cleaned it, now it runs great. Hopefully this helps.

Old 04-14-2006, 01:25 AM
Trailblazer
Default running problems

just took my carb apart b4 lookin on the forum and it was gummed up.. the float is was messed up and wen the quad would laen forward it would stop flow of something... but i go it fixed

i replaced the plus 2 days ago n now im burnin to rich..the plugs r black so i gotta mess around with the carb a lil until i get it fine tuned

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP

Quick Reply: running problems