CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Can't find the Spark Plug I need

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 02:59 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't find the Spark Plug I need

I am running JR10B. I used to run iridium plugs in my Banshee. I ran for a whole season on the same plugs. They just never fouled.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2006, 04:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks DSNUT!!

Old 04-13-2006, 10:44 AM
Pro Rider

Odd as it sounds, I think Champion spark plugs are superior to NGK. I run nothing but Champion in all my quads ( 2 - 2strokes, 1 - 4 stroke) with never a fouling problem.

Old 04-13-2006, 07:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

10 is too cold for no power adders, you'll lose power.

Old 04-13-2006, 09:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I know people have talked a lot about fouling on this post, but I personnaly have never had a fouling problem with NGK, on any bike, 3 wheeler or 4 wheeler. I know champion are just as good, I am not familiar enough with there numbering system concerning heat range to know which one I would need to move to aside from OMR's recomendation earlier, I may get some of them if I find a local store that carries them. I'm all about convenience, I hate having to order every single little thing, like I just had to order these NGK's (right before OMR posted the champion #'s). I run the sunoco 110 becasue its at a station i pass everyday, but if it wasn't I never would have made the jump to 14:1, I don't wanna go outa my way for fuel!

Scooby what are you refering to, what do you consider "power adder", are you saying I do not need a #10 with 14:1 and you consider power adders nos or turbo, or are you just making a general statement?
I know the 8 has proven too hot, when tuned correctly or running rich, I am going to the 9 this weekend and see how that does, I won't put the 10 in unless it looks necesary but just trying to get a line on what to expect. wanna make sure I have whatever I may need, whether likely or not.

Old 04-14-2006, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hightower, I agree with Scooby on the Tens. I think you will find if you run them you cannot get them to cleanoff, nor get a good reading as it just dont burn hot enough to get a reading. I ran them for about a month, all the while trying to get a good reading. I swapped out to JR9B's, and it cleaned up perfect, and was able to dial it in, in one day. I run DR9EA's in my wifes 14-1 bike, and they prove to be a good match. Good luck on getting it figured out, and let us know what you come up with.

Jedra!

Old 04-14-2006, 01:03 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Cool Viper, with all the nos talk and scooby being turbo I wasn't sure if he was meaning just that or not.
Sounds like from the experience here in this post the 9's are gonna most likely be the ticket, and I do have them now to install this weekend.

yes I will post back after I run them, and also Viper will I still be seeing you this coming May at the Mountain?

Old 04-14-2006, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider

You bet, when are you guys going to be here?

Old 04-14-2006, 11:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

by power adder I meant NOS or turbo. if your're running on race gas (without a ton of compression), 10 is too cold. i've tried 7,8,9,10,12. i can feel a noticeable loss in power and torque when I go too cold.

to know for sure if the plug is the right temperature you need a magnifier with a light and you must examine the ground lead as shown here:

http://www.dragstuff.com/techarticle...ead-plugs.html

a projected style spark plug makes more power...

Old 04-14-2006, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider

Your right on the projected plug making more power. A typical Skidoo plug had a ecs denomination. The electrode is flush with the base ring. By swapping over to a eya, that projects into the cylinder, we gained throttle response, better burn, better economy, and more power.

Quick Reply: Can't find the Spark Plug I need