CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Visco-Loc? Does it really work?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Visco-Loc? Does it really work?

again true life testing....i climb and blast mud holes that other modded quads arent doing...check the web site i posted o few post up and read what they wrote at the bottom of last pic about my riding that day....

Old 04-14-2006, 09:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

chirochris how long does it take for your Outty to lock up all 4 wheels? Have you ever tested it? I wonder if Bomb went to the quick lock up in the 800? Just wondered, thanks.

Old 04-14-2006, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider

not sure...when i was in the mud i was going thru it then it started slowing down as i fell deeper in the mud so i just pushed the gas and started shifting my weight and it started climbing and pushed thru and out...

dont really know much about it and how it works but so far it has been great, and thats all that matters to me...if there was any issue to me it would be the braking system...lets start a new thread about the braking

Old 04-15-2006, 07:34 AM
Pro Rider

Interesting thread. Seems the actual owners of the Outlander find no problems with the Visco-loc. I'm willing to bet the average rider would probably never have a real need for a locker and the % of people who actually might really need one is probably fairly small all things considered. I just find it intersting the people who don't seem to like it are not owners but observers hhhhhhhmmmmmmm.

Whenever I take someone along to go riding they use my Outlander, I generally put it in 4WD and tell them not to switch it back to 2WD, they won't be able to tell the difference but the 4WD is there if they need it. Heck, in CA once you get past May there is no more mud anyway LOL.

BRP is a fairly progressive thinking company the Viso loc, single lever braking etc. are all user friendly and that is what they are designed for. These features are "different" and not what people are "used to".....doesn't mean they are better or worse just different. There are people who still swear vinyl records sound better then digitally recorded CD's<rolling my eyes>

Old 04-15-2006, 05:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: chirochris
just my 2 cents....

i have been doing alot of mud holes and last sunday rode with a grizzly, 2 artic cats,a praire and a frute force and we all hit the mud holes and i was the only one who didnt need to be winchd out...once i hit the mud and it got fender deep i hit it and it just powered thru the mud...

oh yeah--this was on the standard 800 with the stock little carlisles on it and most everyone else had up graded tires like mudlites and a few others...take a look at the pics

www.themudbuds.com go to bottom and click pics and look under 4-9-06 should be alot of pics of all of us in muds you will see us all and im the bottom few busting it up!!!
Now the muds getting really deep

Old 04-15-2006, 05:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have never rode an outty, but i think they are a great quad. I do however dissagree that visco is BETTER than a manual locker. It depends on what you want it to do. If you want to rely on your quad to lock them all in, thats great for you. I preferr to lock them up when i feel its going to need it. My AC has no problems in mud, and it beats my buddies 700sp on the rock climb without effort. The sp has a similar lockup as outty (AWD), and it is fine, but neither is better than the other. It depends on what you like. If i see a 3ft mud hole ahead, I prefer to lock them all up before i get stuck. I just dont feel comfortable letting the machine decide for me.