CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Another podium

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 11:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another podium

Well guys, I brought home another 2nd place trophy yesterday. That is 3 for 3-2nd place finishes with my new YFZ. I am not too happy as I got the holeshot again and led for 24 miles (3 laps) only to run out of energy and be passed down to 3rd. My Camel Pack-knock-off, broke during the first lap. I was unable to hydrate. Someone just after the scoring/start-finish line, was standing there with a bottle of Gatoraide on the 5th lap. I turned around and bummed what was left. After a couple of miles riding 1st-2nd gear just above idle doing everything I could to not puke, I got my mojo back and hammered down. The drink helped. I have my shocks dialed in and was able to hold it down and could see the 2nd and 1st place guys ahead. I finally caught up to 2nd place guy and was able to pass and finish 2nd.
I still owe a lot of gratitude to the DS for giving me the confidence through the woods. There was a couple of C riders on Ds's. I reminded me of me last two seasons. When I was crusing through the tight sections and the bark was chipped off on the bottoms of the trees, I figured it was from those DS's! LOL! I know I used to pinball through the trees.
Okay, just thought I'd share something.
Later

Old 04-23-2006, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default Another podium

hey mud,

no fliuds is a sad excuse for a loss, get yourself together and stop it...

jk...nice job...im confused do you still ahve the ds and not race it or is it gone..cant remember

Old 04-23-2006, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default Another podium

HA! I know I am a whoosy for running out of energy to go wide open. I was really mad at myself. My brain said go and my body laughed. But hydrating is key to longevity... well next to being in shape LOL!
I sold the DS and switched to the YFZ. I still like hanging around here in the Bomb forum, though. I know the brand is different but the fun factor is all the same.
The trophies have a motorcycle on them. I thought that was weak of the hosting club.

Old 04-23-2006, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default Another podium

MOTORCYCLES.......that sucks

why not get the suzuki r 450...i think i like it

Old 04-23-2006, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default Another podium

Originally posted by: mudnuri

I sold the DS and switched to the YFZ. I still like hanging around here in the Bomb forum, though.
Same here, just insert Raptor for the YFZ.

Keep up the good work!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-24-2006, 06:09 AM
Pro Rider
Default Another podium

Nice job mudnuri.

Old 04-26-2006, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider
Default Another podium

Good job Mud.............but remember to switch back when Bomb starts selling the new model.
"follow no one" means 1st place obviously![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-26-2006, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider
Default Another podium

Thanks a lot.
Upon washing the other day, I found my left lower a arm caved in on the leading edge. Not enough to keep me from riding but it will have to be replaced before next race (weekend after next). I sure do remember like it was yesterday replacing my front end on my DS. 4 TIMES!! But each time I knew why it was bent. This bend is a surprise. I will replace and use guards from now on.
As far as switching back to a BRP... I know I said I would...but man! I love this thing! When BRP, er, if BRP gets into the sport part of ATV racing, I would love to be on one.