CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

My first ride with my HPR equipped stock bore!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 01:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first ride with my HPR equipped stock bore!!!

CountryJoeGlass-Did i miss something?A quote and no response?

Old 04-29-2006, 01:28 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: duneittilludie
CountryJoeGlass-Did i miss something?A quote and no response?
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] = Big congrats! Did you miss my big grin at the bottom of the quote?

Old 04-29-2006, 01:33 AM
Pro Rider

CountryJoeGlass.Sorry.Yes i did miss that.I am so tired from riding all day that i am not at my best.Thanks

Old 04-29-2006, 02:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

DSNUT-I will try to find you.Where exactly are you talking about?I will still be taking it pretty easy on the Bajas new piston but a good grudge match is always fun to watch.

You know the big dune directly south of comp hill? There is a race hill on the back side of that dune. You can see the entrance to Sand Dunes Frontier from this race hill.

Does that help?

Old 04-29-2006, 02:19 AM
Weekend Warrior

DSNUT-I will try to find you.Where exactly are you talking about?I will still be taking it pretty easy on the Bajas new piston but a good grudge match is always fun to watch.
what is the suggested break-in period by hrp? just curious, ron woods said more or less a couple of heat cycles and then get after it...

Old 04-29-2006, 02:30 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

They tend to dyno the night before and rip the hail out of my motor the next day LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-29-2006, 02:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

they dont break in before they dyno? Thats very interesting. i guess with a single cylinder u dont have to have much break in with one set of rings to worry about..

Old 04-29-2006, 02:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yah, dyno is a good way to break 'em in. The important thing is to put them under heavy load as soon as you get the engine up to operating temperature. No heat cycles anymore, IMHO. Get t up to operating temp and put it under load, then decel under load. Repeat that at varying rpms for about 15-20 mins. Then give it hail.

All you are trying to do is use the abrasiveness of the crosshatch to seat the rings before the edges of the crosshatch get dull (usually in the first 20 min).

The reason you need to be under load is the more load you have the, more outward force the rings put on the cylinder wall. When you are just idling or reving the motor in nuetral, there is very little outward force on the rings. That will dull the crosshatch without seating the rings.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

The owners manuals that come with your atv are a recipe for a weak motor IMHO.

Old 04-30-2006, 12:07 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: DSNUT
Dune,

I will be at the big race hill just outside of Frontier at 1:00 tomorrow. I have a grudge match with the Klug boys, lol. We're doing some further testing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Want to meet up?

Ron
Ron

So how did ya do against Dean and Josh Klug, oh what about the Yamaha Raptors of Dell and the LRD bike....? Can't be letting them Yamaha's beat you up the hill[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-30-2006, 09:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I did real good, I think. I missed Duneit. I was about a half hour late getting to the hill and never could find him.

Dell pulled me by a quad length on the longer hill. We were dead even on the short hill. I never ran against the monorail on the longer hill but with Josh on it, it pulled me by a 1/2 length on the shorter hill. Jared and I were very close. I pulled ahead very slightly on the longer hill. Never got to race him on the short hill. He probably would have beat me on the short hill by a tire or so.

Overall I am so pleased with how strong my motor seems to be. Just to be running within a quadlength of those guys is more than I ever hoped for..........and my setup weighs 50 lbs more than the heaviest of their group.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

There was a custom painted purple DS out there with a big bore and an old style Ron Wood pipe. I don't know who he was but I couldn' get him to talk to me. So I went down and lined up with him. There is no reason to tell the end of the story. After the race, he still wouldn't talk to me. I gave him the benefit of the doubt by assuming he was deaf from runing that old Ron Wood pipe for so long. Strange, I don't run into many DS guys who aren't friendly.........

Btw, it was his YFZ buddy that told me it was a big bore that was 11:1.

Dell is still the king of our group but when my race head gets done and I shed the last 50 lbs, I expect him to perceive me as a threat!

PS - Tony I bought a nice video camera that is really clear. We got a little footage of Josh pitting my bike against a GSXR1000 in a LT500 frame. He took me by a length but only at the top of the hill. Good Times!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: My first ride with my HPR equipped stock bore!!!