CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Which Shipping company to use?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Shipping company to use?

hey ace theres you a great deal with cardiac and its only 6 hours away. im sure he could put a rush delivery on it if you wanted.

Old 05-02-2006, 01:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hey I've rode that ATV a few times; back when Tony owned it before he sold it to Cardiac. It brings back memories.

Old 05-02-2006, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider
You can take all the "shootouts" and put them in one bucket and you won't have beans.

Blackhawk

That's before I went through it , added MSD, Boondockers, Head work, new works, etc. Someone will get a nice DS.

Old 05-03-2006, 01:31 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Originally posted by: BlackHawk

Also really, really glad to hear a good guy like you has a bright financial future these days. So does this mean no more MREs at the desert?
Chris, I said the future looks bright, not that I had won the lottery![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Besides, MRE's are easy to prepare, easy to come by, in my line of work they are free ninety free, and they are oh so good... According to Casey they are good for you too.

I had checked ForwardAir at one time and they were reasonable but I had to drive down to San Diego for pick up and that makes it not reasonable any more. There are others I've researched but it seems prices are rising along with the cost of fuel.

I've got to replace atleast one of the two here soon but I spoke with a friend tonight who swears he saw a video at his local BRP dealer that had the 07 DS800, kind of a sneak peek type of thing. Not enough to tell if it had EFI, or even a twin 800. He also mentioned a name change from Bombardier or Brp to something they were called awhile back. Forgot what he called them.

Teebone, Randy is pretty happening but I'll have to admit to watching Earl for Jamie Pressly.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] And the whole moral of the story of course.

Cardiac, that is one sweet bike but it is quite a bit more machine than I am looking for. I'm not the kind to race for five minutes then wrench for three hours and never having dealt with NOS on a personal level I'm not sure it's what I need. Looking for something to cruise the dunes with, and the occasional run up Comp or Olds with the buddies, or just to show the 450's who thier daddy is from time to time.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Thanks for the info so far, and especially for the welcome back. Been back to work for a month and already have 218 hours on the time sheet. Not alot of time to ride right now but once we slow down some I should have plenty of funds to hit the dunes with. Anybody getting rid of a DS locally so we don't have to deal with this shipping crap?

Old 05-03-2006, 01:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Long time no see, Ace![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Good to hear things are on track![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-03-2006, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider
You can take all the "shootouts" and put them in one bucket and you won't have beans.

"Cardiac, that is one sweet bike but it is quite a bit more machine than I am looking for. I'm not the kind to race for five minutes then wrench for three hours"
I don't know who you have been talking too, but I haven't spent 10 minutes working on this DS in camp. At home I have only had to do just routine maintenance. I don't abuse my stuff and this is the sweetest dune bike you will find. The Works Resi shocks are great and the +4 in swingarm make it easy to handle the power. As for the NOS, it is a boondockers system that is set up on the mild side. I don't think I have run a full bottle thru it yet. I still say someone is going to get a killer Dune machine that can shine at the hill if you want it too.

Old 05-03-2006, 04:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well, well, well, Im glad to see that Ace is back, LOL!

I usually use the good ole fashioned Pony Express....Yeeeeehaaaaw! I bet they would even ride it to your house for ya, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Nah, J/K! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 05-03-2006, 11:30 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Cardiac, please don't take me wrong. I'm not sayiing your particular bike has had or would even need some wrenching here and there, my point being that the folks I've known and seen with all of the extra bolt on HP seem to spend quite a bit of time with tools in thier hand.
And there is not a thing wrong with that at all, it's fun to watch them work then go out and reap the rewards of thier labors. It's just not my thing, I'm more gas and go, with regular before, during, and after checks, and routine maintenance thrown in for longevity.
I'd really like to give your bike a test ride and see if it's something my son would enjoy, and something I could throw my leg over on occasion, but it's a tad out of my price range and with the NOS, which I have zero experience with, it might surpass my mechanic skill level. I know the forum would help me out with anything that might arise, but it's that step into the unknown that is pr!cking my curosity and at the same time scaring me away.

Hope this cleared up any confusion. Any bike that Chris recommends would be a bike I would consider. Just my experience that Turbo and NOS systems require skills that I don't yet posess. And I could be wrong but I thought the 110 cam was more for duning and the 109 was more for racing? Thanks for letting me ramble...

Old 05-06-2006, 10:12 AM
Military Rider

Can you help me out here, I can't seem to find the "Can-Am" forum!?![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Maybe those guys have shipped some quads and could offer some insight as to an affordable carrier.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I really need this info now seeing as how the market is fixing to be saturated with DS650's so everybody can hop on thier new Renegades. Maybe I can get a different DS for everyday of the week.WooHoo[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-16-2006, 01:50 AM
Pro Rider
Started riding ATVs in 1974!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This might be too late, but when I was renewing me ATVA membership shipping your ATV is listed as a benefit:

"Discounted ATV shipping Whether you’re relocating or just taking an extended vacation with your ATV, you can now ship uncrated ATVs at special rates."

The web site is ATVA

Quick Reply: Which Shipping company to use?