CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Which Shipping company to use?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 08:39 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Shipping company to use?

Who has actually purchased or sold a DS and had it shipped?

I'm looking for a reliable handler with fair to average pricing. I have access to a loading dock and/or a forklift if needed, as through my research, delivery to a business seems to be much cheaper than to a home address. I found a dealer in IN that was going to tack on $450 to deliver but with my employment future in doubt I had to let the deal fall through. Now that the future is so bright I have to wear shades, I am looking to replace the two DS's that I had to sell. I've let some really good deals on eBay slip by because the S&H was a deal killer, I refuse to pay upwards of $700 to have a bike delivered.
I know some of you fine folk have used a service that you would recommend. The one that is linked to all of the eBay Motors auctions is just unGodly outrageous. I'm looking at one in Kansas right now that seems like a decent deal, but shipping...:l

My destination is 92277, 29 Palms, CA. Or the nearest hub which would probably be Ontario, San Diego, or Vegas could be managed. I'm open to all suggestions and I appreciate the replies I'm hoping will flow in.

Old 05-01-2006, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider

Ace I had mine shipped from North Carolina bought it on Ebay oak harbor frieght 650 i had to pick it up at the dock 20 miles a way no problems..I don't no price of diesil that has probably went up ........Oh an go Jeff Gordon

Old 05-01-2006, 02:32 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Originally posted by: Teebone56
........Oh and go Jeff Gordon
My my, such violence and hatred.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] And on The Man's birthday too. Such sacralige, shame on you. You are hereby sentenced to 10 episodes of My Name is Earl.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
And is it not curious that someone with "Bone" in thier name would be a Gordon fan!?![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

All kidding aside, I was looking to stay under $500 if possible.

Old 05-01-2006, 02:40 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I wish I could help you choose but I will help you with this Gordon SUCKS. I hope that at least helps with that situation. I also love nascar and watch it when ever I am not out riding. I hope you find a good place to ship your 4wheeler through.

Old 05-01-2006, 02:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Vic,

In the past I heard a lot of people say that Forward Air was reasonable and was pretty good at not destroying your property in shipping. I think their website is: http://www.forwardair.com/

Also really, really glad to hear a good guy like you has a bright financial future these days. So does this mean no more MREs at the desert?

Old 05-01-2006, 09:08 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Ace don't you think Earls brother Randy makes the show lol

Old 05-01-2006, 10:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: Teebone56
Ace I had mine shipped from North Carolina bought it on Ebay oak harbor frieght 650 i had to pick it up at the dock 20 miles a way no problems..I don't no price of diesil that has probably went up ........Oh an go Jeff Gordon
ROTFLMAO!!!!!! That right there is fuggin funny. That was like slappin Ace!

Old 05-01-2006, 10:46 AM
Trailblazer

shippingmaster.com - great and low cost.

Old 05-01-2006, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider
You can take all the "shootouts" and put them in one bucket and you won't have beans.

Look in the ATV Connection classifieds at my 2002 720. Buy it and I will even deliver it.

Old 05-01-2006, 05:44 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: aceisback
Who has actually purchased or sold a DS and had it shipped?

I'm looking for a reliable handler with fair to average pricing. I have access to a loading dock and/or a forklift if needed, as through my research, delivery to a business seems to be much cheaper than to a home address. I found a dealer in IN that was going to tack on $450 to deliver but with my employment future in doubt I had to let the deal fall through. Now that the future is so bright I have to wear shades, I am looking to replace the two DS's that I had to sell. I've let some really good deals on eBay slip by because the S&H was a deal killer, I refuse to pay upwards of $700 to have a bike delivered.
I know some of you fine folk have used a service that you would recommend. The one that is linked to all of the eBay Motors auctions is just unGodly outrageous. I'm looking at one in Kansas right now that seems like a decent deal, but shipping...:l

My destination is 92277, 29 Palms, CA. Or the nearest hub which would probably be Ontario, San Diego, or Vegas could be managed. I'm open to all suggestions and I appreciate the replies I'm hoping will flow in.
Aceisback again....Good deal, and glad to hear it.

Quick Reply: Which Shipping company to use?