CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Hispanic Boycott

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hispanic Boycott

slave labor ha, how about you harvesting my almonds and then when you get tired i hit you with a whip and your doing that for free. all these people know they can walk off the job at anytime but they choose to work. i guess you think minimum wage should be around 10. dollars an hour also. everyones crying about how much gas is and how much electric is. its time for people to stand up for themselves and quit relying on the government. isn't the border patrol a federal institute? im just asking. i remember back when there was no need to file a recondmendation to go out and spray the field. thats the new federal and state laws. i have to file paperwork if i want to fart out in the field. just one ? you dont have to answer if you dont want to, are you hispanic or white? there was an idiot on tv trying to compare what the black people went threw and the mexicans in the fields today, i know alot of black people who were insulted by that same comment, hey rosa parks broke the law sitting in the front of the bus she broke the law, guess what it does pay to break the law i do believe she just recieved a pardon. whats the difference.

Old 05-03-2006, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hispanic Boycott

slave labor was a figure of speech. do you feel min wage for picking your almonds is a fair price comparable to other laber jobs if so why?????

we are in total agreement on the gov. and all that BS i think? big Gov. if bad Gov.

i am a good old american mut.

Old 05-03-2006, 06:19 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Default Hispanic Boycott

So you wanna pay the almond pickers 10 bucks and the packaging workers 10 bucks your can of almonds is now 5.50 instead of 4 bucks. I guess if you want everything to cost more. just pay more. it doesn't really matter. as Trickle down economics works. you will just pay more in the end. So it will make it feel like you make less. and so you feel like you make less and demand more pay, then your boss has to raise rates to cover your pay and so on and so on. There will always be classes. Someone will always make more than someone else. Thats what drives america. You start out makin that $7.50 and you like man this just aint enough.. what can i do to make more. the job field you chose to enter does not support wages outside that realm. you want more learn to do more.

Old 05-03-2006, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hispanic Boycott

i think Min wage should be less than it is now. a min wage job is for part time workers it was never intended to be a wage to live on!!!!!!

the pickers are getting paid that because the owners can get away with it because they are hireing illegal's.

there have been many economists who have spelled out the picking of any produce is a very small part of the end price.

Old 05-03-2006, 06:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hispanic Boycott

How bout you tell the dislocated workers collecting a years worth of unemployment to go pic some almonds...pay'em 6-7-8 an hr tax free cash...maybe cycle'em every 3-months cause there are enough people lay'd off to let them sit on there A$$ 9 of the 12 months.

Old 05-03-2006, 06:35 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Default Hispanic Boycott

Originally posted by: 344PV
i think Min wage should be less than it is now. a min wage job is for part time workers it was never intended to be a wage to live on!!!!!!

the pickers are getting paid that because the owners can get away with it because they are hireing illegal's.

there have been many economists who have spelled out the picking of any produce is a very small part of the end price.
yeah that may be the case however. When the pickers want more the packagers want more and so on.. Locally our asparagus production got slammed by this very thing. the market for the asparagus could not support what was being demanded and ended in a couple major plants gettin shut down and so on. here is an article wich sorta explains how field workers work. Berries, Farmers & workers

Old 05-03-2006, 06:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Hispanic Boycott

Originally posted by: squeege
How bout you tell the dislocated workers collecting a years worth of unemployment to go pic some almonds...pay'em 6-7-8 an hr tax free cash...maybe cycle'em every 3-months cause there are enough people lay'd off to let them sit on there A$$ 9 of the 12 months.
AMEN! Another abuse of our system. They should be put to work in some way before they get their check. Lots of roadside trash out there and empty water jugs out there from the illegals crossing.

Old 05-03-2006, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hispanic Boycott

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Originally posted by: 344PV

yeah that may be the case however. When the pickers want more the packagers want more and so on.. Locally our asparagus production got slammed by this very thing. the market for the asparagus could not support what was being demanded and ended in a couple major plants gettin shut down and so on. here is an article wich sorta explains how field workers work. Berries, Farmers & workers
yeah there goes our own Gov. buying from other countries & hurting our own farmers.

Old 05-03-2006, 06:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hispanic Boycott

what you have to understand is minimum wage is a liveable wage first ten hours 7.50 an hour next 2 hours 11 .25 an hour and anything after that is 15 an hour. farming is not your typical 9 to 5 job. during harvest its from when the sun comes up til the sun goes down or when i get to tired of watching them work. if you lift the minimum wage then milk lettuce and everything else [gas] is gonna go up. if you have read everything i posted my workers are all legal, but come harvest time i dont care if they have papers or not as long as they can get the crops in before the rains start. if you can line me 40 white people who want to work and work hard bring them and we will see who last the longest.i would love to see someone try and outwork my lkittle 4foot 6 in people. i pay the ones who eat dirt all day long on a hot machine 7.75 an hour and then the ones who drive the cabbed air conditioned machines with stereos and cd players get minimum wage. take in the big picture minmum wage, a ratty ranch house, utilities paid , tell me a person cant make a living on minmum wage.especialy when the family has 5 or so workers working for me all the time. if anyone needs more money its me, do you know how boring it gets watching people work and the machines make pass after pass, we all have the right to choose the profession we want. some prefer suits and some of us prefer the shorts and tank tops plus on the ranch you can ride your ds whenever you want.

Old 05-03-2006, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hispanic Boycott

cool man i respect your view.

we just feel diff on some points.

Quick Reply: Hispanic Boycott