CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

unexpected benefit and a new problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default unexpected benefit and a new problem

Broke another valve at snakehunt[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] My builder is fixing the head again. After all the grinding, porting, and milling, the heads about 2 pounds lighter[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. On a side note, does anyone have a master link for the timing chain, it stretched so muchwhen the motor locked up I need to take a link out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-03-2006, 11:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: crazypainter
Broke another valve at snakehunt[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] My builder is fixing the head again. After all the grinding, porting, and milling, the heads about 2 pounds lighter[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. On a side note, does anyone have a master link for the timing chain, it stretched so muchwhen the motor locked up I need to take a link out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Crap!!! Sorry to hear that man![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]........probably needed new shift forks anyway, huh?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-03-2006, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider

Crazy sorry to hear about this, what type of valves were they this time & last time?

Old 05-03-2006, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider

LMAO!! how many links do you have to take out?..lol

opie once said "the more you take your motor apart the more hp you get!"

john you have to be in the 90-100hp range! LOL....

Old 05-04-2006, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

dsnut, just replaced the forks and backcut the gears in march cause i poped out of 4th and smacked the piston last july when I broke the valves. CJG, the valves were handmade kibblewhites both times, same guy made them. This time no hit, looks like a head popped off. I've got woods valves for it, we didn't use them last time due to some issues with the shim unders. we're going to make them work this time.

Old 05-04-2006, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider

Crazy thanks for the info.

Old 05-04-2006, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !

when it rains it pours.

Old 05-04-2006, 04:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

take a link out of the cam chain??????????????????????????????

Old 05-04-2006, 05:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

On a side note, does anyone have a master link for the timing chain, it stretched so muchwhen the motor locked up I need to take a link out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Dude, I know, I mean I just know, that you are kidding! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2006, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]nobody has a master link in their chain? LOL Picked up my new one tonight, 'bout crapped on the dealers floor. price was $1190.95 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] no typo on my end. Glitch in Bombs software, only cost me $105[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: unexpected benefit and a new problem