CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Can-Am, RIPS OFF CUSTOMERS, Pay 36% ($2,500) more for being Canadian

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 05:06 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can-Am, RIPS OFF CUSTOMERS, Pay 36% ($2,500) more for being Canadian

Stirring the pot eh Darren

not that its a moot point the dollar at its lowest was 64cents not 61

back in the late 80s it was near 90cents also,neighbour use to buy sleds and cars in the States to sell up here then

It is BS that we get bent over on the MSRP compared to the states

You can get an Apex under 9 OTD in the states yet here you are lucky to get it for $14

Should be no more than 11,500OTD up here

Old 05-12-2006, 11:13 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: FreezurBurnt
Stirring the pot eh Darrennot that its a moot point the dollar at its lowest was 64cents not 61back in the late 80s it was near 90cents also,neighbour use to buy sleds and cars in the States to sell up here thenIt is BS that we get bent over on the MSRP compared to the statesYou can get an Apex under 9 OTD in the states yet here you are lucky to get it for $14 Should be no more than 11,500OTD up here
Well were both wrong the low was 0.6202 source Bank of Canada . And darn right I'm stiring the pot, I fell bad for the dealer because they know lots of people are importing. But for a co. (Bombardier) that make it product here in Canada (for now anyways) they sould be ashamed of the price there charging here.

As for the warranty thing, I spoke to a US dealer and he said if anything breaks during the first 3 years that he would mail me the parts free of charge. So now the warrenty thing is NOT an issue for me!

Old 05-12-2006, 11:32 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TPR
Hey, that sucks, but it's the price to pay when you have such a French influence on your country....The French mess everything up. Blame them!!!

Besides, I'll wait for the 450.

TRP (Just for you Daranello!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])
TPR - I think your signature is the best one I've seen yet![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] That is great!

Darnello - What is the sales tax up there? How much of that price gap goes to the Canadian governments and would you have to pay that if you bought in the US and register it in Canada?

Old 05-12-2006, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSNUT
Originally posted by: TPRHey, that sucks, but it's the price to pay when you have such a French influence on your country....The French mess everything up. Blame them!!!Besides, I'll wait for the 450. TRP (Just for you Daranello!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])
TPR - I think your signature is the best one I've seen yet![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] That is great!Darnello - What is the sales tax up there? How much of that price gap goes to the Canadian governments and would you have to pay that if you bought in the US and register it in Canada?
Good news and Bad news, our tax up here is 15% dropping to 14% in July. the import fee is only $290.

Good News is just got off the phone with BRP and the lady said "If i import a Can-Am from the USA the 3 Year Warranty is STILL valid in anywhere in North America including CANANDA!!!"

She also was very nice and understed my dilema.

Old 05-12-2006, 02:24 PM
Trailblazer

When I bought my outty 800 they said the warranty was void if I bought on in the USA?? What gives....2500 bucks is alot of money....

Old 05-12-2006, 04:27 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: thistle
When I bought my outty 800 they said the warranty was void if I bought on in the USA?? What gives....2500 bucks is alot of money....
Call BRP customer service 819-566-3366 Canada they just told me the warranty IS valid.

Old 05-12-2006, 04:44 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by: DSNUT
Originally posted by: TPR
Hey, that sucks, but it's the price to pay when you have such a French influence on your country....The French mess everything up. Blame them!!!

Besides, I'll wait for the 450.

TRP (Just for you Daranello!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])
TPR - I think your signature is the best one I've seen yet![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] That is great!
Don't blow too much sunshine up TPR's butt, he barely fits in the zone now. lol. =]

Old 05-12-2006, 05:46 PM
Trailblazer

I'm sure if I brought a us quad to my local dealer he'd jump to help me asap....NOT....it sucks but dealing local is nice. BRP needs to readjust prices.....they all do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-12-2006, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: thistle
I'm sure if I brought a us quad to my local dealer he'd jump to help me asap....NOT....it sucks but dealing local is nice. BRP needs to readjust prices.....they all do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey I couldn't agree more, but come on $2,500 saving. I say give the Local owner $500 cash and buy in the US and still say $2000. this way you still get great service

Old 05-14-2006, 05:00 AM
Trailblazer

This is just a complete reversal of 3 years ago, everything and anything was getting shipped to the states. Cars,trucks,RV's,big machines, etc. All the dealers in the states were complaining like crazy.
The only way to cure this is to have a common currency, and with what the Bush admin. is doing done there right now I think I would rather keep the loonie thx, even if it means spending a little more on a products here.
It just sucks when there made right here in Canada and you have to pay more (sounds just like the oil and gas situation) lol

Quick Reply: Can-Am, RIPS OFF CUSTOMERS, Pay 36% ($2,500) more for being Canadian