CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

"BOMBARDIERS" are the as tuff as jap quads ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 04:08 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "BOMBARDIERS" are the as tuff as jap quads ???

Dude there is no comparison... I am the king of replacing steering stems.... but that is it. I have about 23 end- over-end flips under my belt and almost always just have to replace the steering stem! just this last hill that I didnt make it up claimed the rear sub frame but if you saw the tumble down the hill you would SHAT your self to find what little damage there was. THE DS IS BUFF!!!

Old 05-18-2006, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider

Has anyone took a ds 650 in the snow i heard from a bud he has a raptor 660 he can blast in it ? I never heard a sport qaud can do that ?

Old 05-18-2006, 07:35 PM
Elite Pro Rider

My husband takes his in the snow all the time. He stomps all of them they are so much more comfortable and stable that he gets less arm pump than any one else. When everyone else is dieing he is fresh as a daisy. Put the paddles on the rear, dirt on the front. Its like sand horsepower is your friend just like sleds if you don't keep it up it will get buried and you will be diggin them out just like all quads.

Old 05-18-2006, 07:39 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: craw8101
Has anyone took a ds 650 in the snow i heard from a bud he has a raptor 660 he can blast in it ? I never heard a sport qaud can do that ?
Work really well in the snow, we had a blast in the mountains this last winter....

Old 07-12-2006, 09:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have two Traxters that are used for farm work and trail rides in WV hills and creeks. Also have a Honda Rancher that is for trail rides only. Never a complaint with any of the three, but think that the Bombs are so much tougher and more substantial than any ATV I have ever owned, includes Yamaha, and Kawasaki. The Traxter does everything I ask, pulls bush hog, carries heavy loads up and down hills, pulls loaded 12' trailer, and goes over anything in its way. TOUGH, great value for the buck, and fun too. What else is there?

Old 07-12-2006, 11:50 AM
Pro Rider

I think bomb, AC and Polaris are all tougher than the jap quads and that's not BS that's from experience.

Old 07-12-2006, 12:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well i have put the bomb on it's lid a couple of times and it only tweaked the bar's . My freind that i ride with dumped his 450r and it broke the steering stem mangled the bar's broke his fender . So from what i have seen i think the bomb is a tougher quad.

Old 07-12-2006, 12:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

I can only compare to my Kawasaki KFX700 to the Bombardier Quest. .My Bombardier has 2,800 miles and the Kawasucky has 2,400.

No comparison! The Bombardier has quality parts and superior workmanship. I have had no problem with parts on the Bombardier not even a bent rim. The Kawasaki, I’ve had to replace the swing arm bearings, front wheel bearings, starter solenoid, and 2 tie rod ends. The swing arm bearings rusted! Suspect poor material or bad design on swing arm. The Front wheel bearings should have had tapered wheel bearings design. The tie rod ends should have been made of better material. The starter solenoid had poor workmanship, like someone was in a hurry and did not put it together. The bent rims are my fault.

I believe Bombardier does allot of research before they select and buy parts like bolts, bearings, springs, and seals for their machines. They most likely don’t buy parts from the lowest bidder. Also I think that they have a better quality control program for a top notch product. The Kawasaki has a good engine and CVT, its like they didn’t test all the components together before they put the quad on the market.

Old 07-12-2006, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider

I take my tank through the mud about 1/2 of my rides. I dont clean it all that often and everything holds up! I have nothin against the jap quads. The Honda 4x4's are about as durable as you can get. All i notice that arckawsuzi 400z/kfx/ will cheap out on their frames and plenty of cracks show [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 07-12-2006, 05:53 PM
Pro Rider

I've dumped my 800XT five times and counting. Just scratched, bent brake lever, busted mirrors, on my 3rd set.

Climbed every sand dune that the paddled sports did this past weekend.

Quick Reply: "BOMBARDIERS" are the as tuff as jap quads ???