CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

LTE duel exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 02:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LTE duel exhaust

Stir, there is no room for the stock snorkle... you must run a direct mount filter... that basically means you will need a TM45, as the stock and Lectron carbs need the stock snorkle for optimum performance.

Old 05-20-2006, 04:13 PM
Range Rover
Default LTE duel exhaust

Originally posted by: DS650powe
i ride up in perkinstown every now and then, mainly rock dam tho, since ur from chippewa have u ever been to that big sand pit in chippewa, by spicklers?
ya all the time... i live like 2 blocks from there..... theres a trail that goes all the way to eau claire ... do ya ever ride the dead horse up by winter and
clam lake ???? thats were i like to ride.... oh.. how are the rock dam trails???????just called the bomb dealer in thorp, thay got a 06 ds 650 for
6450.00 out the door..... might go and check it out today.....

Old 05-20-2006, 04:57 PM
Pro Rider
Started riding ATVs in 1974!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LTE duel exhaust

Thanks FatHolly.

Old 05-20-2006, 06:37 PM
Range Rover
Default LTE duel exhaust

Originally posted by: FatHolly
Stir, there is no room for the stock snorkle... you must run a direct mount filter... that basically means you will need a TM45, as the stock and Lectron carbs need the stock snorkle for optimum performance.
I don't think that's true...I'm sure you could still use the stock carb, and get optimum performance. I had a 02 Baja DS, piped and direct mount filter, never had a problem...in fact, I was beating all stage 1's and most Stage 2's with that setup......

Old 05-21-2006, 03:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default LTE duel exhaust

Dyno testing has proven that a snorkle is necessary for optimum performance on a single carb. Some guys have seen slightly improved peak numbers with a direct mount filter but there have always been low or midrange sacrifices that hurt average horsepower and those situations are rare. The most common result of a direct mount filter is a flat spot on the dyno curve at about 5000 - 6000 rpm.

I would credit some other variables for your success in racing rather than the direct mount filter[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I agree with Mr. Holly.

Old 05-21-2006, 01:44 PM
Range Rover
Default LTE duel exhaust

Originally posted by: DSNUT
I would credit some other variables for your success in racing rather than the direct mount filter[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I wasn't trying to credit my "racing success" to just having a direct mount filter. I was simply saying that in my opinion you could get optimum performance by using a direct mount filter and not running a snorkle [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-21-2006, 02:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default LTE duel exhaust

Originally posted by: BajaBomber

I wasn't trying to credit my "racing success" to just having a direct mount filter. I was simply saying that in my opinion you could get optimum performance by using a direct mount filter and not running a snorkle [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
On what evidence are you basing this opinion on?

Old 05-21-2006, 05:27 PM
Pro Rider
Runs a 730 kit from OMW with web109's and a 48mm lectron. It has some serious torque!
Default LTE duel exhaust

flux, that sounds like a good deal, i paid 5800 for my baja in 2004, i've never been to clam lake or dead horse, we've been to the pit twice, first time we were there sombody called the cops on us. i would go there more often because i enjoy doing the big hill climbs and such, but my friends would rather trail ride. and gas is so expensive half a tank there and back. rock dam has nice trails, you can really move on them, we usually run from rock dam to fair child, and take a different route back, its a good 2 hour ride, sometimes we run down to neilsville, but theres long sections of roads which makes it not very fun. you could spend all day riding loops around rockdam

Old 05-21-2006, 07:16 PM
Range Rover
Default LTE duel exhaust

Originally posted by: DSNUTI would credit some other variables for your success in racing rather than the direct mount filter[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I don't know what you are trying to prove here.....but my opinion is based on my own personal experience. Happy?

Old 05-21-2006, 07:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default LTE duel exhaust

Originally posted by: DSNUTI would credit some other variables for your success in racing rather than the direct mount filter[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I don't know what you are trying to prove here.....but my opinion is based on my own personal experience. Happy?
Simply this, I have seen the results of dyno tests on several different setups with a single carb comparing a direct mount to snorkle mount filter. You need the snorkle to straighten the air out before it enters the carb. That reduces turbulence which improves intake velocity.

I will grant you that there are a few cases of picking up a couple of peak horsepower with a direct mount but the cost to the midrange was too high to be worth it.

In the case of the LTE, options are limited but i would suggest that the use of at least some snorkle length......whatever you can get, would be smart.

The only reason I asked you about your testing was you came to the opposite conclusion I have. I just wanted to know how you got there. I am always interested when i stand to learn something[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: LTE duel exhaust