CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

*CANADIANS, PLEASE HELP*

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 11:09 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *CANADIANS, PLEASE HELP*

Originally posted by: kawiyowee
Daranello,

A little off topic, but you mentioned you pay 50% income tax.

A lot of us pay 28% federal, 7-1/2% social security (employer also pays 7-1/2%; 15% if self-employed), and about 5% state tax here. That's 40% of gross (48% if self employed). And no free anything here.

I think we're screwed about equally on either side of the border.
WOW I did'nt think you boys had it that bad, well I guess the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, until you get there. A little off topic but how are you liking that big outlander? I had someone tell me the other day that in a drag race it is fairing pretty well against some sport quads, what do you think?

Old 05-24-2006, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

They charge too much here! I like their products, but why the heck are they so expensive.

Now one thing you said, I don't believe. Your tax dollars go to BRP? Tax concessions, I'm assuming you mean tax breaks? Or are you trying to tell me that not only do they not pay taxes, but the Canadian gov't pays them with tax-payers dollars?

Old 05-24-2006, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider

Oh and hey, I do agree they should at least be equally priced. I'm just playing devils advocate here, trying to form discussions that may answer the question.

Maybe like I said before, it has to do with sales volume. I know at the little gas stations, you pay more for stuff than at the grocery store.

When I bought my uncle vforce3 reeds for his 700 triple poolaris, I ordered them from New York or something lke that. Not only were there many dealers around here, they are made right here in NH. But I got them cheaper from someone who sells a lot more of these. I called Moto Tassinari, but they wouldn't offer me any deals and told me to buy from an authorized distributer.

Old 05-24-2006, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Sparky8370
They charge too much here! I like their products, but why the heck are they so expensive.Now one thing you said, I don't believe. Your tax dollars go to BRP? Tax concessions, I'm assuming you mean tax breaks? Or are you trying to tell me that not only do they not pay taxes, but the Canadian gov't pays them with tax-payers dollars?
Just last march!

Radio-Canada says the federal government has agreed to $400 million in loans, while Quebec will add $350 million in tax incentives and grants to Bombardier.
CBC's French-language broadcaster also says the city of Mirabel will give the company a tax break the first year.
But the deal hinges on whether 6,300 unionized employees agree to a new contract. Company and union representatives agreed to the contract in principle on Wednesday.

Federal Government Handout to Bombardier Tops $1.1-Billion
Less Than 5% of So-Called Repayable Contributions Repaid to Ottawa

Old 05-24-2006, 01:03 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Sparky8370
Oh and hey, I do agree they should at least be equally priced. I'm just playing devils advocate here, trying to form discussions that may answer the question.Maybe like I said before, it has to do with sales volume. I know at the little gas stations, you pay more for stuff than at the grocery store. When I bought my uncle vforce3 reeds for his 700 triple poolaris, I ordered them from New York or something lke that. Not only were there many dealers around here, they are made right here in NH. But I got them cheaper from someone who sells a lot more of these. I called Moto Tassinari, but they wouldn't offer me any deals and told me to buy from an authorized distributer.
Nope, explain this there are MORE snowmobile sales in Canada than the US..... and Bomb still sells them for more in Canada!

Old 05-26-2006, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

i can see why you are so mad about this, but you must remember, when you are including the exchange rate, you would be using the current exchange which is about 10% difference right now, now if you think years back, if was around low to mid 30s, and up to around 60, now when it was 60 brp was givin the break to canadians and americans where trying to buy sleds and atvs,