CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Testing new motors/ Ondunes axle in Little Sahara Utah

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Testing new motors/ Ondunes axle in Little Sahara Utah

Originally posted by: 650VIPER

Marky, how you feeling this morning?lol. Its always a pleasure to have you along, we just need to get you a quad that will run with us. Major, I think Marky want one of your builds, can you hook this brotha up?lol.
I didnt see one UFO all morning- WTF? LOL. If I am gonna hang with you dune draggers, Im gonna have to have the brutha hookup ...... someday.

Old 05-21-2006, 12:31 PM
Pro Rider

Mario, how come you always feel like crap during these get togethers?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Then you always say your not going to drink anymore.

Glad to hear your HAPPY with that thing.

Also glad to hear there was no grenading by anyone.

How did Kams bike run?

Old 05-21-2006, 01:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Drakester- All I can say is that ill try to make it. After running such a long hill its hard to want to run 300ft. 300 would be fun im sure.
It was great to see hightower as well, Always a classy fello.
Al- I was fine in the morning at Glamis... Kam didnt bring his drag bike, But I hear its running even faster now.

We did ALOT more running of the hill Friday evening with totally different gearing and paddles on the valley side, with 16-38 gearing and 10 paddle 22s we could start from quarter of the hill and get wide open in 3rd. We got there at about 12:30 in the afternoon. It took about an hour to adjust the bikes to the new thinner air. I hope you all can make it to Dumont this season. For Ds days I will have the nos set up from bigdaddy. I cant wait till he see that hill.

btw- Justin (cracker) is a darn good rider!! He did well on my bike friday eve.

Old 05-21-2006, 02:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Congrats Mario![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Sounds like you have a winner. Get that NOS on it![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

16/38, huh? Will you be able to rev out in 3rd with a 17 tooth and 25"s once the NOS is going?

Again, sounds great![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-21-2006, 03:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

I think if I sprayed out of the hole I could pull that gearing. But for people who have never been to this hill, Your bike runs TOTALLY different comming from sea level. It almost takes a miracle to get your motor to run "like it does at sea level" up there at that elevation, and totally different from one side of the hill to the other.. We had to change all kinds of things. I took mental notes for future..

And I can't say I had the fastest 4 stroke there... I dont know the entire outcome of the runs, Viper didnt get to run it as much as we could have.. Vipers bike looked light and mean. I would have had to change things anyways due to the temperature it was when Viper rode it for him to get the full affect. It was rich on the top end and popping at 8k in 2nd gear from what they said. But it still did decent for what it is. I liked how the 22s hooked up compared to the 25s, But I popped a tire on the 22s so I was forced to run the 25in 10 paddle extremes. I sprung a bottom end leak that I need to fix now. I hope its nothing that calls for a new crank.

Also, IMO I think there is a 5-7 hp difference from 65 degrees to 85 degrees if things arent changed with jetting.

It was good to meet Nate and see the boss system up close, I was very impressed how he could switch from 20-30hp shot. It was a clean set up as well.

Old 05-21-2006, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider

Good trip overall. Mario's stock bore is truly a runner. Launch in second and pull third hard up the valley hitting mid fifties would be my guess. That is with my fat butt on it. I am sure Jed could have pulled another 5-8 mph out of her on the valley. Had a good time watching Mario and Dane put down half a bottle of tequilla and a case of beer each. It was no wonder Mario was a bit out of it. It was all part of my plan. "Moths" don't cause hangovers so I knew I would be piloting a couple bikes with the fallen riders from the night before. It was a great trip.

Mario, I will be letting you know how the rebuild on the DS goes. I hope nothing in the head is fried. aAwful nice of you to offer the piston.

For those of you who haven't seen Majors bike. It is "all of that" and more. He is always "too" nice about letting me ride it. Without a rail, and wiht the fried DS he donated his ride to me several times through the day.

Another trip showing that the dS crowd is one of a kind. No matter what I end up duning with ya can't find a better family then the "DS one"

SIDE NOTE: Jed's bike will scream by friday of this week if I know him. He didn't even line up with anyone while I was there. Being a good mechanic and breaking it in slowly.

Old 05-21-2006, 07:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sounds like an awesome trip. Why didn't you guys swing by and pick me up on the way? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quit talking about Major's bike. . . I may have to get me one of his builds. . . sounds too sweet.

Old 05-21-2006, 09:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

It was good to see everybody and to meet new friends as well.
thanks for the input on my starting problem.
Hope to see everybody again real soon.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-22-2006, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

First of all Mario it was great to finally meet you and Buldogz400 hope we didn't wake up up too early[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Good to see Justin, and Jeremy again as well, as well as the regulars!

Pulled another all nighter at work and then on to the dunes, but even with the lack oif sleep it turned out to be another great day at the dunes, wind kinda sucked but we were able to have a little fun anyway.

BOSS system is dialed in pretty good, had it working real good and switched to another bottle with a different valve and... I think your right Marky just a little rich again. I think I am going to look at repositioning the bottle and pull out the siphon tube.

Stock CDI is really limiting what I can do with the my motor mods and the Nitrous, gotta get something before next weekend and St. Ann's WOOHOOO!

Did anyone mention how fast DSa's freshened up bike was running..very nice!

Old 05-22-2006, 01:32 AM
Pro Rider

It's always great meeting members at the dunes! It's funny b/c when Mario and I got their the weather was bad, our bikes were running out of tune, and some idiot tried to fight us (another long story...lol).

But after others started to show up, everything got much better. First, I would like to truly thank Justin (CrackerJack) for letting us crash (and I mean CRASH!) in his trailer...great guy and can't wait to meet up with him again.

It was also great to meet some of the DS guys (Majorecho, SLC, Quicksand, DSaholic, 650Viper, ODP, and Hightower). All awesome bikes with even better people ridin em. Hopefull I'll be able to catch up with you guys again at DS days...

PS- Justin eats moths.....HAHAHA!

Quick Reply: Testing new motors/ Ondunes axle in Little Sahara Utah