CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Testing new motors/ Ondunes axle in Little Sahara Utah

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 12:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Testing new motors/ Ondunes axle in Little Sahara Utah

First and formost I would like to It was a pleasure seeing you all again and meeting new members. I was great to finally meet Jed (viper650) with his new show bike. Great job on that Jed looks SICK!! I was shocked when I saw it I hope you get her dialed in. It was also great to meet your brother Quiaksand04 He has a nice bike as well very cool dude. DSA good to see you again and nice to meet ya Nate (great bike system on noss). Sorry I was under the weather this morning fellas. I was up till 4am with crackerjack and bulldogz440. I had NO idea what time it was. We were hangin out too long and too many coronas (i dont drink much im lightweight) never will again.LOL Sorry if I was in a hurry to get out. I felt like crud..

I am very happy (Justin and friends) that you all talked me in to having JED (my New pilot)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Race the drag yfz (CPC). That yfz has been ruling that big hill and he is very fast like usual. Jed you did awsome, Dont think I wasnt happy as heck on how well you did running neck and neck for having zero seat time on her, Jed your an awsome rider You guys were running/beating alky drag banshee?. Next time we will lean out the top end so she can twist to 9500 without rich popping. I didnt tell you all this this morning but that BIGA **** hill is THE true power and set up tester. Great to see Curtis and finally see his MONSTER in person. The baddest all around monster Ive ever seen. CPC's bike is sick and Ill bet its fun to ride and one of the fastest yfz's around, Great Job on the bike Dave, Its always great racing you. We always somehow battle it out. Sorry I wanted to get the heck out of there so soon...kgb and faboi great to see you as well, Tell fabio I was just messin with him..LMAO btw- hes a great rider!!

Good to meet Marky, He was there on the spot helping with the new systems and looks to be showing GREAT customer support.

...ONDUNES DRAG AXLE- ABOSLUTELY ROCK SOLID, Thanks glenn. I can finally give a full report on the durability of the entire package. Hitting the whoops on top of the big hill very fast it held up like a CHAMP.. Oh yeah, It is probably good for about 5-7 lengths on the big hill. I inspected EVERYTHING on the axle and No flaws and nothing came loose. Glenn has worked with me with my chassis set up with lighter weight stuff. I think we have created a stock bore monster. The axle is top notch and also saves clutches and revs faster due to lighter mass.

Bigdaddys motor build - I can now say we have a package that runs well and even better at sea level. Mike built his motor and it is rock solid and making big power for a stock bore. reving very fast and holding together throught the beatings I put it through. Great job Mike!! You are the man. Glad to have you on the team as a mechanic.. The differences in the two motors from dyno comparisons were NOT stretched by no means. We did gan 15 hp at 8500!! It showed and the bike was not even set up to the max as far as jetting and gearing/paddles. If I felt better we could have squeezed way more out of her.

Buldogz400- He has a z453 that stomped most everything friday. It is a preacher built powerhouse for what it is. In full dune trim and heavy outdated paddles he was beating yfz470 and trx on nos and new tl450s by quarter hill. Yeah haw dane!!!

Even though I had to rush out I have some great memorys... Thanks Justin we had a blast, And how were those moths you were eating out of the air.LMAO!! Cant wait to do it all again with you all. Ds days is going to be fun, Im gonna do a few more things to this bike and ill be BACK!!

Jed, I hope you and your brother get everything dialed in. I read up and now know what the prob was (washer on idle gear?) I should have known. Next time we will all have more time.

Old 05-21-2006, 01:03 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Oh son, dont just leave us hanging, LOL! Who was the fastest 4-stroke on the hill other than Major's bike? ROFLOL! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 05-21-2006, 01:08 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Majors Bike is simply rediculous!! When you see it in action your just at a loss for words. Its crazy, Hes a genoius!!

I think between my bike and CPCs we would annihilate any other thumper that was at the hill. CPC was the only competition... Viper wanted to take it easy on his bike (understandably) but I have a feeling he had a blast running my hog by the smile on his face when he got off.

Old 05-21-2006, 01:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sounds good.

That was CPC's stock bore bike on all motor right?

Old 05-21-2006, 01:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yes, That is what I understand. Have you seen his bike?

Old 05-21-2006, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider

Mario, good to see you again, once again you had a very impressive N/A bike, sorry you felt so cruddy and had to leave early. I think pretty much everyone ended up having a great time-I know I did.....see ya for DS-Days[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-21-2006, 02:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks for the kudos Mario. Glad you had fun first LOL

Old 05-21-2006, 05:16 AM
Pro Rider

Mario do you think you will be able to make the next Clash of the Titans ?

Old 05-21-2006, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider

Mario,

All I can say is WOW! What a great weekend. I had a chance to meet all those you mentioned. Jed, thank you very much for letting me tag along with you. I dont have enough time to mention everyone, but would like to say it was good to see everyone and also finally meet Hightower. Nate and I got his nitrous system dialed in and he's good. Jed was still getting some of the 'New Build' kinks out of his motor and we decided to let him get that completed first before moving on to nitrous.

My personal highlight of the day was getting up close and personal with Major's quad. What can I say other than that quad is not only a total work of art, but it absolutely rips. Its a very stable platform as well - she simply took the whoops both up under tremendous horsepower, and back down the hill. When that power band hits, its like riding some sort of electromagnetic speed rail which then launches you into incredible acceleration. I was stopped a few times while riding back to camp, one guy asked, "is that one of those 'Bombarders' "- to which I Jokingly responded, "why yes, I think I dropped my muffler somewhere" ..... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

His quad is truley testament to how well it was fabricated and put together.

Marky

Old 05-21-2006, 12:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mario, anytime you want me to pilot that pig, you got it. It rocked. With some more tuning for my weight, it will flat haul the mail. Very impressive!!

We finallly started figuring out what was going on with our bikes. We got Jeremeys running decent, but still needs lots of tuning. Both these motors want to turn alot of rpm, and my rev limiter was killing all the usable power before I could even get to it. With Jeremeys higher rev limit, he was able to get into power better. We will have them dialed in better for memorial, i hope. Jeremeys bike was running the 45 - 46 mph on all motor by the time we left. We hope to have that in the low 50's soon. The biggest difference I could see with these motors, was they still gain speed on the hill, were as most gain there speed on the bottom and hold it on the hill. So for mph being so low, it was incredible to see what it did to other bikes on the hill. Mine was a dissapointment, but I hope to remedy that soon.

CPC is always a class act, and I am glad he lives close so I can run with him, well ok try to run with him frequently. Thanks for the races Dave.

Major, nice as always to have you along. And yes nice ride.

Marky, how you feeling this morning?lol. Its always a pleasure to have you along, we just need to get you a quad that will run with us. Major, I think Marky want one of your builds, can you hook this brotha up?lol.

Quick Reply: Testing new motors/ Ondunes axle in Little Sahara Utah