CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Quit whining about the price

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 01:40 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quit whining about the price

Originally posted by: Pastor
Hey Guys didn't mean to start a war...honest. I was responding to some of the shrtwinded comments about the price of this machine...last year I paid 7900.00 OTD for a King Quad...the bomb smokes it...not an opinion, I have owned both and ridden both extensively. I almost paid 9300 OTD for a Polaris 800...rode that one too. Bomb out classes and out rides that bike...call that an opinion if you like. The point I am making is that the little extra you pay for the Bomb....is worth every penney! Sure...thats my opinion. I can't help it if it is right!

V2rider...Obviously, you don't own one of these...you never would have posted such an opinion!
Hey guys can we atleast agree on two things?

1) Asking almost $10K for an ATV is criminal since its only because someone figured what were willing to pay

2) Argueing on the internet is like winning the special olympics [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

And if you didnt get #2 I will pray for you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-22-2006, 01:55 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 440EX026
Hey Guys didn't mean to start a war...honest. I was responding to some of the shrtwinded comments about the price of this machine...last year I paid 7900.00 OTD for a King Quad...the bomb smokes it...not an opinion, I have owned both and ridden both extensively. I almost paid 9300 OTD for a Polaris 800...rode that one too. Bomb out classes and out rides that bike...call that an opinion if you like. The point I am making is that the little extra you pay for the Bomb....is worth every penney! Sure...thats my opinion. I can't help it if it is right!

V2rider...Obviously, you don't own one of these...you never would have posted such an opinion!

1) Asking almost $10K for an ATV is criminal since its only because someone figured what were willing to pay

2) Argueing on the internet is like winning the special olympics [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

And if you didnt get #2 I will pray for you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
440EX! Long time no see![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Where did you learn that line about arguing on the internet anyway? That has always been a favorite of mine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-22-2006, 02:27 AM
Pro Rider

O.K. I can take a hint...I am hereby abandoning this thread....

Old 05-22-2006, 04:49 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSNUT

440EX! Long time no see![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Where did you learn that line about arguing on the internet anyway? That has always been a favorite of mine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Yea its been a little while. Hope all is well etc.

I guess that saying is one of those that even though its sort of "rough" it just stays with ya [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

And Pastor I wasnt really trying to get you out of your own thread bud, and it was more about how some of the prices for the 4x4 util are seriously obscene.

I mean its just like how the car companies are gouging the market on the SUV's (well maybe before the gas prices went to he!!) with prices so out of line with the typical cars in their line, and sales prices that are allowing a seriously higher margin and profit, and all of this is due to one thing, and thats the general publics willingness to pay above and beyond what this style of model is really worth.

If you compare the high end 4x4 util with the high end high performance models and their prices I think you will find a much larger difference than the wholesale cost of the different parts in the 4x4 (2nd drive axle etc) are not nearly the difference were being asked to pay.

And this doesnt even take into account the fact that some stock performance models are now including (more expensive) aftermarket parts standard either, and I am starting to question what difference there really is in mfg costs of the two different model types.

Old 05-22-2006, 07:27 AM
Pro Rider

I just paid over $10,000.00 for my new BRP 800 Outlander Max XT and I'm extremely happy with the purchase. This is one powerful, high tech machine!!!

When a company becomes inovative with their quad designs, which costs more, you have to expect for the company to pass costs along to to the purchasers who are glad to have the best quad out!

Otherwise, we ALL would be riding 400 Honda Ranchers, as there would have been no advancements in quad technology for the past decade.

You pay for what you get!!! If you want a cheap price, but a cheap quad! If you want the best, be prepared to pay for it! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-23-2006, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: azsandrider
I just paid over $10,000.00 for my new BRP 800 Outlander Max XT and I'm extremely happy with the purchase. This is one powerful, high tech machine!!!

When a company becomes inovative with their quad designs, which costs more, you have to expect for the company to pass costs along to to the purchasers who are glad to have the best quad out!

Otherwise, we ALL would be riding 400 Honda Ranchers, as there would have been no advancements in quad technology for the past decade.

You pay for what you get!!! If you want a cheap price, but a cheap quad! If you want the best, be prepared to pay for it! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I understand your point, and anything that becomes more expensive to design and or produce will also carry a more expensive price tag, but this also does not really effect my point of this whole sport becoming priced based on what the market will bear (aka what people are willing to pay) and is becoming more overpriced or expensive than ever. Plus I honestly believe there is a point where the "greed exceedes the need" and pricing these things above $10k deffinately fits that.

I bet we all would be suprized to learn the actual mfg costs of these things, and I bet the difference between the rancher and outlander are not the same as the difference between the out the door prices were paying.

I dont have direct mfg experience in the atv business, but I have some in the many industries that supply the many parts that make up an atv, and if you throw in the price or cost advantages of large scale production (just like what is happening in our sport as it just seems to grow larger every year) and manufacturing which not only lowers the cost of all those items, but also the expense of putting them all together in assembly etc it just seems that the higher or highest priced models are not a value.

I wont compare the cheap chinese stuff were seeing lately (thanks for nothing pep boys and the like) but stick to normal name brand models for a quick comparison. Before I get into this I want to say that even though all themodels are much less expensive this alone does not dictate they are a value, but its obvious that just the initial cost alone can allow a buyer to end up with two machines instead of one.

Look at quads like blaster that though its old tech its still a very ridable machine, and priced low too. Then check out ones like the 400ex or z400, or even a host of the lower end utility models (yes even that rancher lol) that will run around $4500-$6000 out the door. Or even the higher end performance models like the yfz450 or 450r etc and their range from around $6000-$6500.

No matter how you slice it the higher priced models just dont seem to have the same amount of extra "costs" as their extra cost to us would dictate.

Ride what you like, and buy what you like, and then get out there and have fun because thats what its all about, but dont try and convince everyone that paying a price close to that of the lower end compact car market for a standard stock atv with a bunch of inexpensive "bells and whistles" is a bargain becaues its not gonna float with many like myself.

Old 05-23-2006, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

I understand your point, and anything that becomes more expensive to design and or produce will also carry a more expensive price tag, but this also does not really effect my point of this whole sport becoming priced based on what the market will bear (aka what people are willing to pay) and is becoming more overpriced or expensive than ever. Plus I honestly believe there is a point where the "greed exceedes the need" and pricing these things above $10k deffinately fits that.

Well put. I share your perspective.

I bet we all would be suprized to learn the actual mfg costs of these things, and I bet the difference between the rancher and outlander are not the same as the difference between the out the door prices were paying.

I dont have direct mfg experience in the atv business, but I have some in the many industries that supply the many parts that make up an atv, and if you throw in the price or cost advantages of large scale production (just like what is happening in our sport as it just seems to grow larger every year) and manufacturing which not only lowers the cost of all those items, but also the expense of putting them all together in assembly etc it just seems that the higher or highest priced models are not a value.

I wont compare the cheap chinese stuff were seeing lately (thanks for nothing pep boys and the like) but stick to normal name brand models for a quick comparison. Before I get into this I want to say that even though all themodels are much less expensive this alone does not dictate they are a value, but its obvious that just the initial cost alone can allow a buyer to end up with two machines instead of one.

Look at quads like blaster that though its old tech its still a very ridable machine, and priced low too. Then check out ones like the 400ex or z400, or even a host of the lower end utility models (yes even that rancher lol) that will run around $4500-$6000 out the door. Or even the higher end performance models like the yfz450 or 450r etc and their range from around $6000-$6500.

No matter how you slice it the higher priced models just dont seem to have the same amount of extra "costs" as their extra cost to us would dictate.

Ride what you like, and buy what you like, and then get out there and have fun because thats what its all about, but dont try and convince everyone that paying a price close to that of the lower end compact car market for a standard stock atv with a bunch of inexpensive "bells and whistles" is a bargain becaues its not gonna float with many like myself.[/quote]

I agree. I share your perspective.

Old 05-23-2006, 10:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I paid 7300 for my V2, and put 1000 bucks in after market parts into it, and have one hell of a quad. At 7300, which isnt considered a cheap quad, and actually i think its second in line to higher priced behind bom, i have one of the most advanced and well liked quads out there. In my opinion, the only difference between them is Horse Power.

Old 05-23-2006, 11:10 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Ride what you like, and buy what you like, and then get out there and have fun because thats what its all about, but dont try and convince everyone that paying a price close to that of the lower end compact car market for a standard stock atv with a bunch of inexpensive "bells and whistles" is a bargain becaues its not gonna float with many like myself.
Im just curious.. as you said whats the number of units sold in comparrison? Like there are a million blasters and banshees and yfz and trx and bla bla blas out there.. But of the higher priced quads do they move as much inventory? as you said more volume lower price?

But i do like Ride what ya like [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] its all aboiut having fun.. Who really cares what anyone else is riding.. Does it work for you and give you pleasure? then good on ya [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-23-2006, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider

Hmmm same price as the Sportsman 800, but the Bomb offers 6 times MORE warranty! 3 years vs 6 months. I guess we know what companie believes in its product!

Quick Reply: Quit whining about the price