CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Quit whining about the price

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quit whining about the price

well said darnello you know guys you gotta think bombardier is way ahead of the market because their going out and designing new things and really guys with them designing all of the things like the 800 650 500 outy's n soon to come ds450 you have to think about it the reason that yamaha and honda are not going way up is because they are not going out and designing brand new things and doing alot of development unlike bombardier and you also have to look at it like what darnello said the sportsman is up in the same range of price and brp offers 6 times the warranty we have a friend that went and bought a sportsman 800 before the outy 800 came out and has been having problems with it and he took it to see if they could figure it out and even polaris didnt know what was wrong with it and would not help him in any way so by paying the price of brp your also getting quality and a company that will back what they are selling unlike some other brands

Old 05-24-2006, 08:18 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have a three year warranty on my Arctic Cat also.

Old 05-24-2006, 10:26 AM
Trailblazer

True, they are more expensive. Worth it, I'd say no right now. I do expect better customer service then their sorry a$$ customer reps can give.

I just bought a quad for the kids this past weekend and it was not a Bomb due to Lynn at BRP corporation.

I vow not to feed them anymore money. I've bought all aftermarket accessories also.

Old 05-25-2006, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Originally posted by: 440EX026

No matter how you slice it the higher priced models just dont seem to have the same amount of extra "costs" as their extra cost to us would dictate.

Ride what you like, and buy what you like, and then get out there and have fun because thats what its all about, but dont try and convince everyone that paying a price close to that of the lower end compact car market for a standard stock atv with a bunch of inexpensive "bells and whistles" is a bargain becaues its not gonna float with many like myself.
Im just curious.. as you said whats the number of units sold in comparrison? Like there are a million blasters and banshees and yfz and trx and bla bla blas out there.. But of the higher priced quads do they move as much inventory? as you said more volume lower price?

But i do like Ride what ya like [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] its all aboiut having fun.. Who really cares what anyone else is riding.. Does it work for you and give you pleasure? then good on ya [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I think your reading me or it right, and the only thing that could punch some holes in the thinking is sharing of parts between models (which is a really smart thing to do BTW).

I dont know maybe its just that within the last ten or so years I had purchased brand new cars for around the same money as some of the highest priced atv's out there, and no matter what anyone is going to tell me it will be a tough sell to claim a higher mfg cost on the atv. I am not talking yugo's either, but chevy's, dodges, etc etc. sure they were not top of the line leather clad chic machines (well actually many of them like the cavalier in the odd color it was) but its still a car with doors, an interior, countless sensors and controlls, AC etc etc etc, and the fact that the prices are even marginally close only shows that we as a group are willing to spend more on toys than needed items on a value standpoint.

Old 05-25-2006, 01:13 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

This is a capitalist economic system. It is the most successful economy in history in regard to the highest percentage of the population are getting a piece of the pie. Regulating profit margins for companies has never worked and it never will. Complaining about companies charging what people are willing to pay does not make sense to me. The definition of "worth" is established by what people are willing to pay. That is how it works. If that ever gets changed by someone who doesn't understand the free market, the free market will cease to exist.

We have problems because we live in an imperfect world but I don't even want to think of the recession and subsequent problems that would come from profit regulation.

IMHO, if you don't like the price, buy something that you do like the price of.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-25-2006, 01:22 AM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: 440EX026

I think your reading me or it right, and the only thing that could punch some holes in the thinking is sharing of parts between models (which is a really smart thing to do BTW).
the fact that the prices are even marginally close only shows that we as a group are willing to spend more on toys than needed items on a value standpoint.
Common parts and a small line up is wise on their part. they are expanding. but have only been in this division of the market for what? 5 years now? yamaha, honda, suzuki.. been in the atv game 20 years... there are start up cost that need to be covered aswell. Hopefully they will hold with their prices as infaltion increeases thus lowering the actual cost to consumer.

I feel the pricing is a liability issue.. when your producing a top performing machine you want responsible buyers. people who arnt gonna be stupoid and try and sue you for chit that is not your fault.

Old 05-25-2006, 01:14 PM
Pro Rider

I feel the pricing is a liability issue.. when your producing a top performing machine you want responsible buyers. people who arnt gonna be stupoid and try and sue you for chit that is not your fault.[/quote]

How does having $9-$10K to spend on a quad equate to responsibilty? Idiocy crosses all social and economic boundaries. I believe that in most cases it is a matter of priorities. I know some guys who live in old run down trailers or old houses that the wind blows through who, should they decide that a $10K quad is what they want, that is what they will have. They will turn right around and refuse to spend money on a helmet because they are too expensive. Won't buy new tires for their truck for the same reason. Some of those guys are the same ones that do the most idiotic stuff on their quads. As far that goes, I have some friends who make six figures a year that are real dumbasses on their quads as well. Noble idea, good attempt at making reason of the high prices. But in my experience, high prices alone won't keep the riff raff out. Besides, it all comes down to overhead and profit margin. But that horse has been beaten to dust already. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-25-2006, 05:37 PM
Pro Rider

Not to worry. Now that BRP is going to make them out of Mexico, we the consumer, will see a major price decrease. Something affordable and not so grossly obscene in price.

Old 05-26-2006, 02:09 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mudnuri
Not to worry. Now that BRP is going to make them out of Mexico, we the consumer, will see a major price decrease. Something affordable and not so grossly obscene in price.
Don't know about quality though. Only thing I have bought in Mexico was a pair of go-aheads with tires for soles, threw a tread while on some hot gravel. I'm just waiting for the other one to go now.

Old 05-26-2006, 11:09 AM
Pro Rider

I have to agree with the Cowboy on this one...call it consumer elitism....It's like Mercedes customers...they are a select group. You don't see alot of abuse of their vehicles because of the menatality of the customers. Secondly...using the standard manufacturers...Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, etc.....using their machines as the industry standards...make the Bomb's SHINE! Simply put...they are worth the money according to what others are selling their stuff for. Nobody complains about the price of a Hummer...they are specialty vehicles. Same with ATV's...I.M.O.

Quick Reply: Quit whining about the price