CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Review of BOSS NOSS first weekend out!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 01:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Review of BOSS NOSS first weekend out!

I have a full throttle button for the boss system that works great

Old 05-23-2006, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider

Biggdaddy,

Thank you for an enlightening post. Its always good to see where the bear sits.

You are welcome to wait and see, but there are others that are moving ahead. Lets not speak for everyone next time ..... OK?

Pulse check ..... still at 60 bbm .... Must be all the 'exersize' over the last 5 years.

Marky

Old 05-23-2006, 03:34 PM
Pro Rider

Let's not let this go tooooo far. Let's be adults and quit hiding around behind the keyboards.

First and foremost, this is a PM that I received earlier this morning. You all should know who you are dealing with. Good or bad, you should have your opinions based on what being said in the open and behind the doors.

Let me also say that people get REAL tuff behind the key board. They puff up pretty easy and are able to write checks their body CERTAINLY can't cash.

Here is the PM:

BigDaddy331

Please dont hijack threads to bolster your own products. I can tell you have your feathers ruffled a bit, I know you really beleive in that BD system. Dude, I built that system - I know all its problems. Im ready for a debate ANY DAY. Just try me.

Marky

Next and probably most importantly, I don't sell any products... I simply use them. Didn't think I was Hijacking anything, however if you or other members feel that's what I'm doing... I apologise. As far as you building the system..... why then do you now work for BOSS? How about only when things went bad with BD. I can't honestly say that I know anything about your history or what you do, done or are going to do. I couldn't give one rat's ****. I do know that when you were selling BD it was the very best thing in the world. Now, you know all the problems... If you built it, why did you build it with problems? So did you tell everyone about the problems then (when you were selling it)? This is about logic, not personal feelings. It's not about agendas or intensions. I played nice, and was will to have a logical discussion. I thought that it would be recipricated. Guess I found the wrong guy. How many times did I say that the BOSS was looking really good? Just wanted more testing. That simple... nothing more nothing less. Don't PM me trying to flex. This will be the last time I play nice concerning your next big thing. Not to worry.... I'm not going to slam your product. I just won't play. In fact I hope it works! I really, REALLY do. I applaud your ability to "BUILD" systems. I appreciate your willingness to help the ATV community. Leave it at that and lets move on. If the BOSS system is what you say, then you'll have no worries. You'll sell all that you can handle. I may ultimately strap the BOSS on. But I can promise you one thing. What ever the outcome, it will get an honest and fair review and response.

Flame on... BigDaddy is out.

Old 05-23-2006, 03:54 PM
Pro Rider

Bigdaddy,

Thanks for the compliments. I agree, lets move on. If you want to take it over to the other threads, perhaps thats a good place. Just give me the sign. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

By the way, these people know exactly who I am. I dont believe I have a credibility problem.

Im out ...

Old 05-23-2006, 05:11 PM
amd
Pro Rider

Alrighty then!!!

Old 05-23-2006, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSNUT
I have decided I am going to buy the Boss Noss and try it out................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

My DS is a sleeper and I sure wish there was a place to mount that bottle that was a little more descrete than the front bumper.
Ron,

For the DS, the obvious choices are the front or under the seat. The only way any nitrous bottle can go under the seat is if the air box is removed and the filter is moved over. Its hard to mount a hidden bottle system with these quads - hard, but not impossible.

Old 05-23-2006, 08:27 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like SLC650 is happy with the noss setup[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Why does he run two nozzles? and not just the 30 shot all the time. Hey Marky could you post some pics of the noss setup on a DS for us blokes interested in the noss, bottle locations, soleniods mounting positions etc? I still have not heard back from ondunes about wether the kits are available yet? Need something soon to keep up with these raptor 700r's that seem to be taking over the dunes here in Aus[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Gav

Old 05-23-2006, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider

raptorgav

We'll see If I cant get you some pics. I can tell you that the perfect spot for the Smart box (which holds pretty much the entire system) can be located in the manual pocket of the DS. Talk to Glenn, about availability - I hear is no problem at all right now. I'll get pics and post them somewhere ...

Thank you.

Old 05-23-2006, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: raptorgav
Sounds like SLC650 is happy with the noss setup[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Why does he run two nozzles? and not just the 30 shot all the time. Hey Marky could you post some pics of the noss setup on a DS for us blokes interested in the noss, bottle locations, soleniods mounting positions etc? I still have not heard back from ondunes about wether the kits are available yet? Need something soon to keep up with these raptor 700r's that seem to be taking over the dunes here in Aus[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Gav
Gav,

As far as the two nozzles, its nice to have them already installed on the air boot. I suppose some might want to get used to 20hp first, then graduate up to something higher. I did that with my Boondocker system as well as my new system. Further, for really steep hill climbs, higher HP is not always a good thing - especially if your longer swingarm is not yet installed [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

Old 05-24-2006, 12:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Raptorgav, I will post pics of my setup as soon as I get back from the big weekend. The bike is already loaded, or I would go take them now. I also know someone that can hook you up with a system.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Nutnhoney, man I love that screen name, just about anything goes with it, lol. Anyhow, nitrous is addictive, you will like it. Oh and, your going to need it, so make sure you have it for Ds days,lol. I had to get that back at ya one way or another,lol. I can give you pics of my old bottle mounting postion. The only downfall to it is when you get low on nitrous it surges. But you can put a side panel on and just about completely cover it. You cant run your airbox though.

Now for the other two of you. Damned it, reach across and shake hands. I must have missed something.

Now for my initial assessment of the Boss system. I have not ran it yet, so this is just my initial install and setup thought. First, when I opened the packages, I realize there was definitly more parts to it then to the Boony's kit. Second, that components seemed of higher quality then the Boony's. Mainly the wiring sheilds, and such. Third, sence there is more parts to install, it takes a little more time. The smart box is a little difficult to find a place for, but the place I found you will never ever see it, so it's possible. Fourth, everything worked perfect, once I got the nitrous in the bottle,lol. So in review, more time to install, better quality parts, hopefully bigger grin.

Big D, your bottle must be mounted like in the pics on the Boony site. That is a good place for it. When we did our first install, we wanted to do the stealth thing, so we put it under the seat. I have it in the front bumper upside down now, but that site behind the radiator would be my next choice. Heck maybe even a new choice, well see.

Quick Reply: Review of BOSS NOSS first weekend out!