CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

What does everyone think about the NEW CAN-AM RENEGADE 800?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 04:03 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What does everyone think about the NEW CAN-AM RENEGADE 800?

Dam glad I waited to get rid of the good ol Wolverine. Basically same idea as wolverine but with outragus power. I'm not sure on exact numbers, but think its pretty close to Scramble in weight. As for a solid axle... dont think so Tim.... too old(concept of solid handles better) n not much better handling. Bomber got it right with the TTI suspension, at least it works great on out 800.

Old 06-03-2006, 09:40 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I love the Renagade, It is everything I have ever wanted in a quad. I just wish it were a little less $$$. I think if some other manufactures follow suit and put some competition on the market hopefully it will drop the price.

Old 06-03-2006, 09:46 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I also wish it had a strait axel, I have never been a big fan of the IRS.

Old 06-03-2006, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider

One thing I find very interesting is that it's towing capacity is 1300lbs!!! My KQ is rated at 992lbs...Hard to believe that thing can tow more than my KQ since it looks so sporty..but it does weigh 597lbs..it must be that engine. An 800cc V-twin is like a dream engine for an ATV to me.
If money wasn't so tight I'd sell my KQ and buy this thing...as long as they made a snow plow for it because that's the only reason I needed a ute in the first place was to plow my driveway.
I can't imagine the acceleration that thing is going to have....as well as top speed---most likely 80mph+ which is absolutely insane on an ATV. I'd love to pull up to a Bf 750 for a drag with that thing and it would flat out smoke it. This will be the fastest ATV for a while b/c the Outty 800 (which weighs more) can beat some of the 450's.

Old 06-05-2006, 04:57 PM
Pro Rider

preliminary test of renegade with allot more pics and specs... has a anti theft device on it too. i dont know if that is a standard with BRP or not... just passing the info along to you., so all you bombers and 'elitists' could see it if you havent already. if it just wasnt 600lbs and $9300....

http://atv.off-road.com/atv/article/....jsp?id=327908

if they can make a rengade 500 and keep the weight down...

but anti-theft is a good idea for ALL bikes...

Old 06-30-2006, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider

it looks like it'll be my next ATV. It's a sporty, powerful 4x4. What more could you ask for? It's a do it all machine

Old 06-30-2006, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider

It'll probably be faster than ANY other quad, and yes even the sport quads..the 450's. I'd LOVE one of those I could beat my friend's BF 750 with no problem. 62hp = a lot of fun

Old 06-30-2006, 01:40 AM
Range Rover

There was nice write up done in the August Dirt Wheels magazine. They were able to test one and gave it a pretty favorable report. Now if I can just find $9,300!!!!!

Old 06-30-2006, 11:37 AM
Pro Rider

it seems like a nice sport utility but basicly a replastic outlander with better front suspension. all the weight loss is from the differnt tires and no racks. take off your racks and put those tires on the outlander and you wouldnt notice much of a difference. it looks nice though. If it was 70 to 100lbs lighter than we would be talking worth the price. add your winch and your rack accesorie and your back at the outlander weight. Im sure it will be a fun quad. As far as beating a sport quad. Fat chance! only in the sand in 4wd where it would get more traction.

Old 06-30-2006, 12:49 PM
TPR
The Champ

There isn't much more weight you can shave off that sucker...It's just heavy. The improvements are more than just a revised front end geometry. The rear suspension geometry is different as well and the chassis is changed to handle more sporty endeavours. These are the result of the GNCC and desert racing that has been done with the outlander, which by the way, has become a fan favorite in the SCORE and BITD series. Now all they need is a win to validate all the time and R&D they have been doing.

Good thing is they broke some stuff that has been improved on the Renegade....that's a good thing for consurmers!!

TPR

Quick Reply: What does everyone think about the NEW CAN-AM RENEGADE 800?