CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Cylinder Head Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 01:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cylinder Head Question

I found a head for a 2000 DS... it should fit my 2002 right? I was thinking I would have it ported, big valves, do the shim under conversion, cams... you know hook the little bastard up... one piece at a time kind of thing. I want to be able to ride and I don't want to have to rush it. Is this a good idea? Or should I stick with my stock parts. Thanks.

Old 06-03-2006, 01:44 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just had HPR do my head with there full race setup. Well worth the money. But its alot of money. I say do what you can afford, it will be well worth it. It took three months to have our heads done. So dont rush into it. Quick turnaround doesnt mean a good job.

Old 06-03-2006, 01:51 AM
Pro Rider

What about the head itself... 2000 should fit a 2002 right? Also I'm deffinetly not in any rush thats why I'm thinking about buying another head to do all the work on.

Old 06-03-2006, 01:52 AM
Pro Rider

Oh yea it will be done by HPR so however long it takes is how long it takes. I'm a believer.

Old 06-03-2006, 02:01 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: FatHolly
What about the head itself... 2000 should fit a 2002 right? Also I'm deffinetly not in any rush thats why I'm thinking about buying another head to do all the work on.
If you save up the $3k the porting, valves, cams and shim under conversion will cost, you will have a 70 horse bike most likely and you can probably just use that head of yours to trade in as a core for a complete one assuming HPR has those heads in stock by the time you are ready to buy.

I can't say enough good things about their head.

I hear Mario does good head to, LMAO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].........and prepare me for the buttwhoopin I am about to receive![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-03-2006, 02:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

If you have the $$$ do it right the first time

Old 06-03-2006, 02:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

DSNUT lover. I think you should get to the store and gets some heavy duty maxi pads or depends, Your probly getting ready to start you period. Ive noticed once a month you get a little foul. And I was also wondering if you installed the bedpan for you ds that TOM is specially making for you? Or you could just hook that hoses (you were rcomending me to the other day) up to your gut and use it as a cathader.LMFAO!!

Im gonna tell cynick that when the cat is away, The nut comes out to play. I get it now. 130 miles away, Thats why you have been learking.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-03-2006, 02:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

After looking into your monthly cycle Ron, It looks like you might also be on the rag the weekend of ds days. Ill bring you some midol, Dont worry.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-03-2006, 02:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
DSNUT lover. I think you should get to the store and gets some heavy duty maxi pads or depends, Your probly getting ready to start you period. Ive noticed once a month you get a little foul. And I was also wondering if you installed the bedpan for you ds that TOM is specially making for you? Or you could just hook that hoses (you were rcomending me to the other day) up to your gut and use it as a cathader.LMFAO!!

Im gonna tell cynick that when the cat is away, The nut comes out to play. I get it now. 130 miles away, Thats why you have been learking.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Mario!!! WTF!!! I was just saying that you also know how to pull good horsepower out of a DS head!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

D@mn you're moody![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

(thought you'd like that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img])

Old 06-03-2006, 02:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Cylinder Head Question