CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Outy 800 problems/reliability issues?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 05:29 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outy 800 problems/reliability issues?

Yes v2rider, I know there are no perfect atv's, and yes, I'm worried about exhaust heat.

When exhaust heat melts down the wiring harness’s and the seat like I have seen reported more than once, I think it's something to worry about...

Old 06-04-2006, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

lafraga

they fixed this issue i beleive

i am sure it was only the first few out...i have ridin mine in 85 degree whether on a seriously slow hill climb for about 4 hrs without turning it off and never had issue....

also you see i ride for 8 hrs ever wkend...that is not an issue....if your that scared get heat tape

Old 06-05-2006, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider

What are reliability issues? If you mean gettin' way the heck out there, then getting back, every time, then no, the Outy does not have reliablility issues.

Old 06-05-2006, 02:24 AM
Pro Rider

What are reliability issues? If you mean gettin' way the heck out there, then getting back, every time, then no, the Outy does not have reliablility issues.
>>>>>>>>>

EXACTLY, this should be concern numero uno when deciding what quad to purchase. I'm getting a Renegade this fall and giving a LOT of consideration to entering a 200-300 mile race, not so much to try and win but to simply finish in the allotted time allowed.

Old 06-05-2006, 07:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: raidermike67
>>>>>>>>>

EXACTLY, this should be concern numero uno when deciding what quad to purchase. I'm getting a Renegade this fall and giving a LOT of consideration to entering a 200-300 mile race, not so much to try and win but to simply finish in the allotted time allowed.
Nobody knows about the Renegade yet. That machine needs to prove itself yet, and it sounds like your going to be the lab rat!!!

Old 06-05-2006, 08:34 AM
Pro Rider

I would still like to know why there are so many Bombardier quad "experts" who answer questions about BRP quads that don't own BRP quads?

I would only listen to those that have actually owned and ridden BRP quads for some time, not someone who has another brand.

Anyway, NO quad is perfect and there will be problems with any brand. Most brand of quads have strenghts and weaknesses also.

I picked BRP due to the two seat option, the independent suspension, and the Visco lock front differential. I have had no problems with my 400 Outlander Max XT. I weigh ovr 350#s and ride my wife, who is over 200#s. I ride the more extreme mountain trails in Arizona, including rock crawling up washes, and the Outlander has not had any problems. The only issue I've had with my 400 is that it only goes 55 mph. In Az, we can be street legal and I need to keep up with traffic, 65+ mph, so I bought a 800 Outlander Max XT. I would not have paid over $10,000 for this quad if I had problems with the 400 Outlander.

The BRP Outlander has one "Quad of the Year" several different years. BRP ATVs are innovative and work well. The Outlander is a good package to get for overall performance and quality.

Old 06-05-2006, 09:56 AM
Pro Rider

Nobody knows about the Renegade yet. That machine needs to prove itself yet, and it sounds like your going to be the lab rat!!!
>>>>>>>>>>>

Ummmmm..actually they do know about it. The Renegaed is an Outlander 800 with no mechanical changes, upgraded suspension and tires along with different plastic. Structurally and mechanically they are exactly the same, the Outlander has been out for a year now so NO I don't consider myself a "lab rat" <sigh> and I think a year is plenty of time to work out any "bugs". BTW, does A/C make a quad that isn't a Suzuki in disguise?

Old 06-05-2006, 02:10 PM
Trailblazer

chirochris and azsandrider, thank you for your replies.

As I mentioned, I owned an Outy Max XT 400.
I had several issues, but none were critical to the point of not being able to get back home.
Once I did loose the battery strap while riding in the middle of nowhere, the battery then became loose and the machine wouldn't start. I'm glad I remembered to check the battery! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

But the other issues were annoying nevertheless.

However, after selling it, the guy who bought it had major problems.
Broken axle and later on the VR went bad (both are well documented issues with the 400).
Both times he got stuck on the trail and was not able to come back home riding.

This could have happened me if I still owned it.
And I have found a rather extensive list of things that are prone to go bad on the 800.
So that's why I was concerned.
However, it seems that most bugs have been sorted out by now! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
The VR, for example, has been relocated and, apparently, does not pose a problem anymore.

So I'm probably going to buy the 2007 800 Max Ltd model.

BTW, is it already for sale in the US?
I'm asking because I called the portuguese importer and he told me they would only arrive to Portugal in February!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img])

Old 06-05-2006, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider

You must have had an earlier model Outlander 400.

I have the 2005 and have no problems.

Thats why I bought an 800, as I have had only good experiences with BRP!

Old 06-05-2006, 06:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: raidermike67
>>>>>>>>>>>

Ummmmm..actually they do know about it. The Renegaed is an Outlander 800 with no mechanical changes, upgraded suspension and tires along with different plastic. Structurally and mechanically they are exactly the same, the Outlander has been out for a year now so NO I don't consider myself a "lab rat" <sigh> and I think a year is plenty of time to work out any "bugs". BTW, does A/C make a quad that isn't a Suzuki in disguise?
Hey, i was trying to help, excuse me di** head. And yes, AC has the H1, which is all AC, and the V2, which has a kawi motor, and who cares? AC sells plenty of products, and people are happy.

Quick Reply: Outy 800 problems/reliability issues?