CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Whats up with NADA values?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 02:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats up with NADA values?

The only option he has on this quad is simply coming up with the difference of what the bank will loan and the asking price for the quad or taking the guy down on the price of the quad. Plain and simple. You guys make this sound way too complicated. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Its either you have or you have not.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 06-09-2006, 02:33 PM
Trailblazer

I agree that you dont have to make a lot of money to be smart with your money, but if I were to be smart with my money and save, invest, etc. , that requires a lot of patience that I do not have when it comes to toys. When I want a 4 wheeler, motorcycle, etc. I do not really want to wait 3-5 years to be able to outright buy one. I know very well the options available, but lack thepatience and desire to deal with them. As I said in an earlier post, I made my bed, and I will have to sleep in it. My DS is financed, and I wouldnt change it for the world because the fun myself and my family have had on it in the past year has more than made up for the fact that I had to finance it. If I would have saved or invested I would still be waiting for the payoff.

Old 06-09-2006, 02:37 PM
Trailblazer

Originally I posted this out of frustration that the NADA value for a DS isn't close to what it should be in my opinion. Thats all. I feel like it should be comparable to the raptor.

Old 06-09-2006, 02:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: qball830
Originally I posted this out of frustration that the NADA value for a DS isn't close to what it should be in my opinion. Thats all. I feel like it should be comparable to the raptor.

Qball, I totally agree with what your saying. But I would personally bring this NADA figure up to the guy trying to sell this quad and see what he has to say. I totally understand about people just not having the extra $$$ laying around to put down on a bike...especially a used bike at that. I dont agree with ALWAYS having to put money down on anything. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-09-2006, 02:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: choosetolose04

Qball, I totally agree with what your saying. But I would personally bring this NADA figure up to the guy trying to sell this quad and see what he has to say. I totally understand about people just not having the extra $$$ laying around to put down on a bike...especially a used bike at that. I dont agree with ALWAYS having to put money down on anything. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I have to agree with Scott on this. I also don't agree that you always put money down............ but you do always put money down on things that will get worth less and less with use, i.e. quads, cars, trailers, etc..........I don't put anything down on Houses[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Not trying to complicate things, just trying to help with the bigger picture[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-09-2006, 02:56 PM
Pro Rider

Mine is financed as well. Only way I could make it happen. And if I were to be like Nut and roll it down the hill right into a tree, I hope my luck holds out and the needed repairs are small. Or yes, I will be sitting in the staging area on the Forum wishing I was riding, and not riding while I make payments on a quad I would not be able to fix......Grrrrrr That would be killer (In a bad way)

Old 06-09-2006, 02:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSNUT

I have to agree with Scott on this. I also don't agree that you always put money down............ but you do always put money down on things that will get worth less and less with use, i.e. quads, cars, trailers, etc..........I don't put anything down on Houses[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Not trying to complicate things, just trying to help with the bigger picture[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I think you guys are going in the wrong direction with this thread. I think yall are making a mountain out of a mole hill...hmm, must be a boring Friday,

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-09-2006, 03:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSNUT

I think you guys are going in the wrong direction with this thread. I think yall are making a mountain out of a mole hill...hmm, must be a boring Friday,

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
It is. It is going slow, and all I have to look forward to are the horrors that I will face tomorrow [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 06-09-2006, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A 2004 for for 3500 bucks? Thats rediculous, maybe we are to proud. But dang thats a ripoff. I wouldnt sell a stock 01 for less than that.

It is always easier to make money with money, than to make money with none.

Old 06-09-2006, 06:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I agree that you dont have to make a lot of money to be smart with your money, but if I were to be smart with my money and save, invest, etc. , that requires a lot of patience that I do not have when it comes to toys. When I want a 4 wheeler, motorcycle, etc. I do not really want to wait 3-5 years to be able to outright buy one. I know very well the options available, but lack thepatience and desire to deal with them. As I said in an earlier post, I made my bed, and I will have to sleep in it. My DS is financed, and I wouldnt change it for the world because the fun myself and my family have had on it in the past year has more than made up for the fact that I had to finance it. If I would have saved or invested I would still be waiting for the payoff.
This is what I'm trying to explain to my 9yr old daughter. . . You've explained a portion of our economy. . . why the banks charge interest. . . we want something (for whatever reason - toy, tax write-off, etc.) that we cannot afford to buy on our own (not saying anything about weather or not you are rich or you aren't rich - and NOT that there is anything wrong with being rich!) and you don't want to wait until you have the money saved up to buy it.

Qball: I'm not dogin' you. . . I was simply stating that maybe your friend (who I though this was about) should look into other quad options to get started. I agree with Viper650. . . You'ld be lucky to find a 2000 DS 650 for $3500. . . at least where I live. Just trying to give some sound advise. Do what you want but, please don't get upset about it. . . not worth it.

Hope your buddy finds what he's looking for.

Quick Reply: Whats up with NADA values?