CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Florence, 4th of July Roll Call!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 12:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Florence, 4th of July Roll Call!!!!!

Originally posted by: DSNUT
Originally posted by: choosetolose04
Again...I will ask you DSNUT and 650Viper, Have you two EVER lined up against a 300lb DS dragster making 120hp?
Why are you asking, Scott? Do you think the answer will discredit our experience on the hill? If so, you are sadly mistaken. You are all about action instead of words, right? You are also all about Bombardier First, right? Lets just go to DS days and see what happens.

I don't see any way for a 300 lb bike with 120 hp to pull my 106 hp on the bottle that weighs in at 400 lbs by then by 10 lengths at the start. You might get your 10 lengths on the hill but I don't see any physical way for there to be so much launch advantage............unless a fast rolling start is part of the strategy.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

As I said, I haven't run this particular hill but I have run hills that are just as steep and long enough to reach the top speed i can pull on that steep of a grade. I have also run whoops that make your eyes bug out when the seat whacks you in the a$$.

In any case we will all come away from this particular hill knowing what we are talking about after we run it and dial in on it.

Very Good, Very Good, ROFLOL! I knew I could get ya going my friend, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Oh and just so you and the rest of the forum members know, I was not trying to come off as a jerk, I was just jerking you boys' chain, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

I guess I should have waited to see what Jed was gonna say before I let the cat out the bag, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Good Job Ron. BOMBARDIER FIRST BROTHER, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 07-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
I can argue some of your rev speed theorys... But I cant give my explanation because someone might use it. John force dont go tell his biggest opponent what works for him best on a certain track right. Ive been running big hills for a while and im sure you guys have too. When you go up in elevation like I have said before, watch out your in for a suprise. You can bench race and hill race. Dont get me wrong, I agree with a FEW things you said... But not all... For ONE thing when you gear taller you slow rev speed down right back down? Gear around your torq curve and hope your on a dyno that is a regular reader.jmo
I can accept this[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]...........accept for one thing. Who is your biggest opponent? Choose and i are both part of No Mercy racing........of course I will be representing Pat Both racing at DS days as an exhibition..........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I am still pondering this fence jumping ill have to investigate further.... I dont know who will be the biggest opponent im going after all yfz's and 450Rs as well.... It could be a major risk to have switch hitting crew in the pits... We had a seriously dedicated team at Pismo with back-up pilots and mechs.. AND 2BIG2BFAST Is still THE MAN along with every other crew member we had there. I have recruited many more from Vegas that frequent Dumont but do not come on forum and also alot of people waiting for the shirts at ds days via pm's. But DSNUT I will send you a shirt but I might have to wait and give it to you at DSDAYS in case you want to work on the other team for now ( but if I must I will send you one ). I understand You cant abandon your team members that you have ralley'd up. If choose is switch hitting he will take a flury on his other bike from NO MERCY . lol

Dont underestimate this team, I have people who will pop tires too..LMAO!!j/k fellas
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Mario!

Quit pussyfooting around and send me a d@mn T-shirt![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-07-2006, 01:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Oh NUT, Oh NUT...dont get upset with your favorite comrade, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

I still love ya man, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Oh this is gonna be soooooooooooooo much fun, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 07-07-2006, 03:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OH Scotty my boy, there about no way you could rile me up, I know you too well by now,lol. Well unless of course you called my bike ugly, or fat, or.....wait it is fat, damnitt, I'm gonna have a complex now.

But to answer your question, I have never ran agaisnt a 300lb 120 hp ds, ever. Nor have I ever seen one. I have seen a 120hp banshee run, and it was rediculously fast, so I can only imagine. You will have your hands full.

The one thing I have done, is run my Ds across two foot deep whoop's for a hundred feet at 50+ mph, have you? I have also been racing that hill for many years now. What that gives my is that I know what most people THINK works, usually dont. If you are comparing olds hill to this one, you best change your game plan. This hill goes to over 5000' in elevation for one. Its tall, but has lots of run, so you will get to speed good, but can you maintain it?

Hey and get it right, its CAN-AM FIRST!!!!!! GOSH!!!

Old 07-07-2006, 03:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Awww man, I thought for sure that I could get you going to now Jed, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Guess I'll have to try harder next time, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Yeah, I have ridden wide open across the whoops at speed in excess of 70mph. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Betcha didnt know a bolt-on bike would run 70+mph, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Yeah, Im sure the hill is a sight to see for sure. Its nothing like I have ever experienced for sure. I personally think its gonna be nothing less than spectacular to see all the DS's from different corners of the globe battling it out on the biggest sand hill in America. Its gonna be well worth the trip, no doubt about that.

I look forward to meeting all you fine folks....and the not-so-fine folks either, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Ok, Ok I'll leave it at that for now, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-07-2006, 03:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its awesome to see all the ds's in one place. Fast, slow, and all the inbetweens, there all good. With all the other bikes coming in for the races, it's going to be packed, which I dont like, but it will make for good races.

Old 07-07-2006, 03:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yeah, What a sight it would be to see the DS's roll up to the hill and line up beside the "fast" thumpers of the day and blow their doors off, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-07-2006, 08:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Oh NUT, Oh NUT...dont get upset with your favorite comrade, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Oh this is gonna be soooooooooooooo much fun, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Help me clear this up Ol' boy..............What did I say that made you think I was upset?

I know ya love me man![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Remember that night......................

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-07-2006, 08:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Help me clear this up Ol' boy..............What did I say that made you think I was upset?

I know ya love me man![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Remember that night......................

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

OH! You were fuming my friend.....dont even try to kid yourself into believing you werent. I had you riled up. I could tell it in your voice,
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 07-07-2006, 08:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 650VIPER
OH Scotty my boy, there about no way you could rile me up, I know you too well by now,lol. Well unless of course you called my bike ugly, or fat, or.....wait it is fat, damnitt, I'm gonna have a complex now.

But to answer your question, I have never ran agaisnt a 300lb 120 hp ds, ever. Nor have I ever seen one. I have seen a 120hp banshee run, and it was rediculously fast, so I can only imagine. You will have your hands full.

The one thing I have done, is run my Ds across two foot deep whoop's for a hundred feet at 50+ mph, have you? I have also been racing that hill for many years now. What that gives my is that I know what most people THINK works, usually dont. If you are comparing olds hill to this one, you best change your game plan. This hill goes to over 5000' in elevation for one. Its tall, but has lots of run, so you will get to speed good, but can you maintain it?

Hey and get it right, its CAN-AM FIRST!!!!!! GOSH!!!
I know what gears you are running, I have a good idea what your power and torque curve look like based on your build and I know what suspension setup you are running. I also know your weight as well as your bikes weight approx. I know the roll out on your tires and how many paddles.

Granted, you know what I am running to but a lot can be told by the setup run by the expert[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I will simply tell you my strategy. I intend to run slightly taller drive and am planning to rely on the extra torque to allow me to rev out. The next thing I will try is lower drive with the intent to run a higher gear there again gambling on my torque to allow me to carry more speed.

I will have the following items:

15, 16, 17 tooth CS

40, 42, 43 tooth RS

72" rollout 10 paddle
72" rollout 12 paddle
81" rollout 12 paddle

I hope it is enough[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I am looking forward to this very much. I want to put some names with faces[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Florence, 4th of July Roll Call!!!!!