CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Florence, 4th of July Roll Call!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 03:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Florence, 4th of July Roll Call!!!!!

As for ds days, For whatever torq im loseing with a smaller bore i will make up with a WHOPPER of a shot of nos... Who says you cant run a 40 shot?? Come on guys, Its gonna come down to WHO HAS THE BIGGEST BALLZZ and what shot we run.. Yall know Ill blow my bike up trying to go fast, Will you?? That is the new question!!! That is what it might come down too!!!

I remember Stacy from Oklahoma used to spray the guts out of his bikes till they blew.. THATS the spirit IMO... So I better get my second motor ready for ds days.......... It should be around 30 -55 hp too.LMAO!!

Old 07-07-2006, 03:14 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
As for ds days, For whatever torq im loseing with a smaller bore i will make up with a WHOPPER of a shot of nos... Who says you cant run a 40 shot?? Come on guys, Its gonna come down to WHO HAS THE BIGGEST BALLZZ and what shot we run.. Yall know Ill blow my bike up trying to go fast, Will you?? That is the new question!!! That is what it might come down too!!!

I remember Stacy from Oklahoma used to spray the guts out of his bikes till they blew.. THATS the spirit IMO... So I better get my second motor ready for ds days.......... It should be around 30 -55 hp too.LMAO!!
Yeah! Since I am a Pat Both, I will be running a 20 shot[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-07-2006, 03:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSNUT
I can argue some of your rev speed theorys... But I cant give my explanation because someone might use it. John force dont go tell his biggest opponent what works for him best on a certain track right. Ive been running big hills for a while and im sure you guys have too. When you go up in elevation like I have said before, watch out your in for a suprise. You can bench race and hill race. Dont get me wrong, I agree with a FEW things you said... But not all... For ONE thing when you gear taller you slow rev speed down right back down? Gear around your torq curve and hope your on a dyno that is a regular reader.jmo
I can accept this[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]...........accept for one thing. Who is your biggest opponent? Choose and i are both part of No Mercy racing........of course I will be representing Pat Both racing at DS days as an exhibition..........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I am still pondering this fence jumping ill have to investigate further.... I dont know who will be the biggest opponent im going after all yfz's and 450Rs as well.... It could be a major risk to have switch hitting crew in the pits... We had a seriously dedicated team at Pismo with back-up pilots and mechs.. AND 2BIG2BFAST Is still THE MAN along with every other crew member we had there. I have recruited many more from Vegas that frequent Dumont but do not come on forum and also alot of people waiting for the shirts at ds days via pm's. But DSNUT I will send you a shirt but I might have to wait and give it to you at DSDAYS in case you want to work on the other team for now ( but if I must I will send you one ). I understand You cant abandon your team members that you have ralley'd up. If choose is switch hitting he will take a flury on his other bike from NO MERCY . lol

Dont underestimate this team, I have people who will pop tires too..LMAO!!j/k fellas
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-07-2006, 03:32 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

No need to pop my tires....they already leak, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 07-07-2006, 03:37 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSNUT

Yeah! Since I am a Pat Both, I will be running a 20 shot[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I suspect you will try to run a 35 ish shot. I hear thats whats been recomended for that set-up.

I dont buy the 20 shot, BUT it is gut wrenching to run them big shots in them high dollar motors.. Bigdaddy has NO PROB running giant shot of NAWZ thats one thing I like about him.

We will all have much more competition besides Ds's. There are gonna be a heck of a lot more thumpers there to race from what I gather. I havnt looked latlely but last I looked it was a huge all around 4 stroke AND 2 stroke battle. So when we all get there racing eachother will not be as important as you think but it WILL happen. Its all the other featherweight drag bikes smaller block yfz type to race that will be a hoot. I wish ALL the best!!!

Old 07-07-2006, 11:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Popcorn, get your popcorn here!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Hey Mario no worries. I am bringing my 20hp nozzles with me as well. I might even have to bring some 25's with me for ***** and grins. The 15's are a hoot though.

I will explain just a couple things that I know. First things first. There is no guarantee that we will be able to drag the hill. And even if we did, you cant get a truck all the way up it, so there will always be whoops. And if we cannot drag it, the whoops will be very deep, and very long. So you best atleast have something that can take them.
Second, the acceleration that has been noted, is true. However, these strung out stock bores with dual carbs like mine, dont ever see the lower rpms, the lowest rpm my bike will see, will be around 8000rpm. So I will be close to peak hp for the whole drag. So while torque make a huge difference on a bike, it wont make alot of difference in the drags. The taller gear will help, but only if your turning close to the same rpm that you do with lower gears.
Third, there will be no bike there that can pull me 10 lengths on the start. But I get pulled 3 legths quite often, and it is hard to make up the loss. But the hill is big enough, the guys with the best hp to weight, is going to win. There will be plenty of 250ish lbs bikes there in the 60 hp range. Some will have nitrous as well. Its going to be good.

Old 07-07-2006, 11:18 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Jed, when you say there is NO BIKE THAT WILL PULL YOU BY 10 BIKES AT THE START....have you EVER raced at 120hp DS in a 300lb drag chassis with your stock bore before?

Old 07-07-2006, 12:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
Jed, when you say there is NO BIKE THAT WILL PULL YOU BY 10 BIKES AT THE START....have you EVER raced at 120hp DS in a 300lb drag chassis with your stock bore before?
Randall did in a 390 lb OEM chassis with an 800 that had the old head and only lost by a 1/2 length. I think he was running about 83 hp against that monster 830 on NOS. Is that the 120 hp build you are referring to?

The mighty 855 that pulled a 3.96 at PS was only putting 116 hp to the rear wheels and Sandbombers bike was only making about 103 hp at PS and still laid down 4.07. There were no single cylinder 4 stroke 120 hp bikes that put down a 4.07. AZSAND's 150+ hp bike laid down a 4.6 and I was thinking Jeff's 830 laid down a 4.2 but I could be off on that number.

To pull 10 lengths out of the hole would mean we are sleeping at the line.

Old 07-07-2006, 12:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Again...I will ask you DSNUT and 650Viper, Have you two EVER lined up against a 300lb DS dragster making 120hp?

Old 07-07-2006, 12:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
Again...I will ask you DSNUT and 650Viper, Have you two EVER lined up against a 300lb DS dragster making 120hp?
Why are you asking, Scott? Do you think the answer will discredit our experience on the hill? If so, you are sadly mistaken. You are all about action instead of words, right? You are also all about Bombardier First, right? Lets just go to DS days and see what happens.

I don't see any way for a 300 lb bike with 120 hp to pull my 106 hp on the bottle that weighs in at 400 lbs by then by 10 lengths at the start. You might get your 10 lengths on the hill but I don't see any physical way for there to be so much launch advantage............unless a fast rolling start is part of the strategy.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

As I said, I haven't run this particular hill but I have run hills that are just as steep and long enough to reach the top speed i can pull on that steep of a grade. I have also run whoops that make your eyes bug out when the seat whacks you in the a$$.

In any case we will all come away from this particular hill knowing what we are talking about after we run it and dial in on it.

Quick Reply: Florence, 4th of July Roll Call!!!!!