CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Florence, 4th of July Roll Call!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 08:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Florence, 4th of July Roll Call!!!!!

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
Originally posted by: DSNUT
Oh NUT, Oh NUT...dont get upset with your favorite comrade, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

I still love ya man, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Oh this is gonna be soooooooooooooo much fun, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Help me clear this up Ol' boy..............What did I say that made you think I was upset?

I know ya love me man![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Remember that night......................

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

OH! You were fuming my friend.....dont even try to kid yourself into believing you werent. I had you riled up. I could tell it in your voice,
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Ya know, you have a crazy streak in ya[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] All ya got is trying to read between the lines? That tells me I must not have given you much to work with[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

What else ya got SpiderBoy?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]LMAO!

Old 07-08-2006, 03:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: 650VIPER
OH Scotty my boy, there about no way you could rile me up, I know you too well by now,lol. Well unless of course you called my bike ugly, or fat, or.....wait it is fat, damnitt, I'm gonna have a complex now.

But to answer your question, I have never ran agaisnt a 300lb 120 hp ds, ever. Nor have I ever seen one. I have seen a 120hp banshee run, and it was rediculously fast, so I can only imagine. You will have your hands full.

The one thing I have done, is run my Ds across two foot deep whoop's for a hundred feet at 50+ mph, have you? I have also been racing that hill for many years now. What that gives my is that I know what most people THINK works, usually dont. If you are comparing olds hill to this one, you best change your game plan. This hill goes to over 5000' in elevation for one. Its tall, but has lots of run, so you will get to speed good, but can you maintain it?

Hey and get it right, its CAN-AM FIRST!!!!!! GOSH!!!
I know what gears you are running, I have a good idea what your power and torque curve look like based on your build and I know what suspension setup you are running. I also know your weight as well as your bikes weight approx. I know the roll out on your tires and how many paddles.

Granted, you know what I am running to but a lot can be told by the setup run by the expert[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I will simply tell you my strategy. I intend to run slightly taller drive and am planning to rely on the extra torque to allow me to rev out. The next thing I will try is lower drive with the intent to run a higher gear there again gambling on my torque to allow me to carry more speed.

I will have the following items:

15, 16, 17 tooth CS

40, 42, 43 tooth RS

72" rollout 10 paddle
72" rollout 12 paddle
81" rollout 12 paddle

I hope it is enough[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I am looking forward to this very much. I want to put some names with faces[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Ah yes, you have seen my machine. But if you would have asked, I would have told you anyhow. It sounds like you got your bases covered. It will be interesting to see all these machines, and what works and what dont. But I think you will be surprised on some things as well. The only thing you have not done, is run a long steep hill. Choke is as close to these hills as you have run, or so I read. But choke is a completely different setup than these hills, just mainly because of the short run. So you will have more speed on the hill in Utah, than at choke. I hope your picking some of this up, I have been laying it on the table for a while now. I just dont want no excuses after this little stock bore puts the smack down on ya'll, that your setups were wrong. And hey, maybe, just maybe, I might be able to shed two or three more pounds before this event happens. We will have to see.
Why dont you send me down a set of them 12 paddles, and I will test them on the hill for ya? I will be spraying, so that should about match your n/a power. I think there too much, but want to prove it to myself. So what do ya say? Please? I wont send them back if they work, I promise!

Old 07-08-2006, 05:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Oh NUT, Oh NUT...dont get upset with your favorite comrade, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Oh this is gonna be soooooooooooooo much fun, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Help me clear this up Ol' boy..............What did I say that made you think I was upset?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

OH! You were fuming my friend.....dont even try to kid yourself into believing you werent. I had you riled up. I could tell it in your voice,
Ya know, you have a crazy streak in ya[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] All ya got is trying to read between the lines? That tells me I must not have given you much to work with[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

What else ya got SpiderBoy?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]LMAO!

ROFLOL, I had ya going....dont lie to yourself like that...it aint good for you health at your age, ROFLOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I know you can hide behind a keyboard, its ok...we're all in this fight together, you can take one for the team, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-08-2006, 12:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

OH Scotty my boy, there about no way you could rile me up, I know you too well by now,lol. Well unless of course you called my bike ugly, or fat, or.....wait it is fat, damnitt, I'm gonna have a complex now.

But to answer your question, I have never ran agaisnt a 300lb 120 hp ds, ever. Nor have I ever seen one. I have seen a 120hp banshee run, and it was rediculously fast, so I can only imagine. You will have your hands full.

The one thing I have done, is run my Ds across two foot deep whoop's for a hundred feet at 50+ mph, have you? I have also been racing that hill for many years now. What that gives my is that I know what most people THINK works, usually dont. If you are comparing olds hill to this one, you best change your game plan. This hill goes to over 5000' in elevation for one. Its tall, but has lots of run, so you will get to speed good, but can you maintain it?

Hey and get it right, its CAN-AM FIRST!!!!!! GOSH!!!
I know what gears you are running, I have a good idea what your power and torque curve look like based on your build and I know what suspension setup you are running. I also know your weight as well as your bikes weight approx. I know the roll out on your tires and how many paddles.

Granted, you know what I am running to but a lot can be told by the setup run by the expert[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I will simply tell you my strategy. I intend to run slightly taller drive and am planning to rely on the extra torque to allow me to rev out. The next thing I will try is lower drive with the intent to run a higher gear there again gambling on my torque to allow me to carry more speed.

I will have the following items:

15, 16, 17 tooth CS

40, 42, 43 tooth RS

72" rollout 10 paddle
72" rollout 12 paddle
81" rollout 12 paddle

I hope it is enough[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I am looking forward to this very much. I want to put some names with faces[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Ah yes, you have seen my machine. But if you would have asked, I would have told you anyhow. It sounds like you got your bases covered. It will be interesting to see all these machines, and what works and what dont. But I think you will be surprised on some things as well. The only thing you have not done, is run a long steep hill. Choke is as close to these hills as you have run, or so I read. But choke is a completely different setup than these hills, just mainly because of the short run. So you will have more speed on the hill in Utah, than at choke. I hope your picking some of this up, I have been laying it on the table for a while now. I just dont want no excuses after this little stock bore puts the smack down on ya'll, that your setups were wrong. And hey, maybe, just maybe, I might be able to shed two or three more pounds before this event happens. We will have to see.
Why dont you send me down a set of them 12 paddles, and I will test them on the hill for ya? I will be spraying, so that should about match your n/a power. I think there too much, but want to prove it to myself. So what do ya say? Please? I wont send them back if they work, I promise!
I didn't actually see much on your bike that night. I was preoccupied. I have been listening very closely to you for some time and i appreciate the .

I will be happy to send my 22" 12 paddle to you but they are on 8" yamaha rims. Can you run 8" rims and what bolt pattern are you?

Let me know.

Old 07-08-2006, 12:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

ROFLOL, I had ya going....dont lie to yourself like that...it aint good for you health at your age, ROFLOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I know you can hide behind a keyboard, its ok...we're all in this fight together, you can take one for the team, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Sure, I can admit you had me going but I wasen't even close to fuming[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] It is kind of interesting that I found your approach very believable. I just assumed you were deciding to zero in and take me on.........and viper to.

Scott, since I have been a member of this forum I have seen you aggressively and pointedly take on upstanding forum members like Yjacket, Rainingcloud, rcoop and Scoobydfw..............ROFL![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Ok, I can't go any further.............

You're a good man Scott![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-08-2006, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[quote]
[I didn't actually see much on your bike that night. I was preoccupied. I have been listening very closely to you for some time and i appreciate the .

I will be happy to send my 22" 12 paddle to you but they are on 8" yamaha rims. Can you run 8" rims and what bolt pattern are you?

Let me know.

Thats perfect. I run a 8" yamaha pattern hub.

Just for grins, I bought some used 14 paddle gliders. They work wonders on the 450's and 700r's in Utah. While I have yet to run them in Utah, man they suck for whole shots. I was pulling third gear starts with them and just blowing them out. They did seem better on the hill, then say an 8 or 9 paddle extreme. It will be interesting to see how they do on the hill. I have been told they add upwards of 5mph on the before mentioned bikes.

Old 07-08-2006, 01:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

PM me your address and i will ship them out on Monday.