CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Which carb is best for the $$$

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider
Runs a 730 kit from OMW with web109's and a 48mm lectron. It has some serious torque!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which carb is best for the $$$

Alright this has been thrown around thousands of times but i need to know which would be best for me. I dont really feel like spending the 710 bucks for a lectron 46 if the TM45 or the Lectron 44 are only a few HP off in performance. I was leaning towards the 44 because i like that it comes tuned and its a lectron. But are they all pretty much equal for horsepower through the powerband and then the 46mm has a few more peak HP? Im not really looking for a few HP on top, i just want a really strong bottem to mid range with a little more on top, i want good mid range power. I like to do some drag racing too, we have a few organized events around here so extra power is always welcome. i also want to order the new drag race slip on. so whichever carb would work best for what i want and is the best bang for the buck plz help me out!!

Old 06-19-2006, 02:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

If you really dont want to spend the extra $$$ on the Lectron, then get the TM. Its cheaper and only cost you a couple hp. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Problem solved...NEXT QUESTION, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-19-2006, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider
Runs a 730 kit from OMW with web109's and a 48mm lectron. It has some serious torque!

so how does the Lectron 44 PJ compare to a TM45 they are about equal in price...

Old 06-19-2006, 03:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Now thats a good question....let me think on this one............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................OK. Here is the deal....I have had zero dealings with a TM carb. I have had several dealings with the Lectron carb....especially the 48HV and the 44MM single power jet....I personally think the 44 is a little on the small side for a 650cc engine. But I know what you scholars are gonna say...its only 1mm smaller than the TM. Im not saying the TM is the better of the two either...Im just saying we need someone with a real world comparison to chime in...fair enough?

Old 06-19-2006, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider

thx for the input, somebody with a 44mm please tell me how it performed, really wanna know what its all about!!

Old 06-20-2006, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider

i think i might just go with a the lectron 44 and purchase a in frame drag pipe with it, seeing as how 300 foot drags are getting more and more popular around here.

Old 06-20-2006, 10:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

the tm45 outperforms a 44 lectron. I am not totally convinced a 46 lectron outperforms a tm45, but if it does it is only by 1 peek hp and their curves are nearly the same, according to HPR and THEBOM dynoing together. and that can be attributed to the 1mm larger bore.
the tm45 is better for trails, accel pumpers cannot be beat for log rut and root hopping.

when lectrons came out, all the hype was about how easy they are to tune, since they have only one device - a metering rod instead of pilot, needle, and main jet circuits.
now that everybody is realizing they don't like to be compromised in certain areas of this limited adjustability, idle circuits are being added to the lectrons, and power jets.
looks like the lectrons are evolving into having just as many circuits as a conventional carb afterall.
kinda seems like reverse evolution to me, trying to reinvent the wheel by starting out with a square one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

just MHO! don't beat up on me too bad now guys... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-20-2006, 02:28 PM
Pro Rider

so if i can jet and maintain my stock carb, thats pretty much the same as a TM45? and how hard is it to install the accelerator pump?

Old 06-20-2006, 06:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

No carb on the market can off the flexibility and robust tune of the Lectron 46mm. This carb is ideal for all offroad and street applications.

There is no reason to look any further for a carb.

Ahh........the memories[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] (A little Yjacket Lingo)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

This topic has been hashed out many times before. You all know where I stand.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-20-2006, 07:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

FCR's. . . hey you get two for about the same price as one Lectron so, that has got to be the best carb for the $$$. . . [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Which carb is best for the $$$