CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

buffed tire questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buffed tire questions

I just went out and installed my new 22-11-8 triple buffed tires on my .125 wheels that i will be using on my Baja for the busier weekends when i want to do some more serious drag racing and i have a few questions about them.There are numbers on the back of the tires that are hard to read but i think that they say 73x10 or 73 10,what does this mean?I will be using these mainly at the hill but the run out to the hill for me is not always free of tree roots and some occasional rocks will these stand up to some abuse of this kind or should i take a path that is totally free of anything other than sand?I weighed my 9 paddle extremes with wheels and they were 16 1/2 lbs and the new triple buffs with wheels weigh in at 11 1/2 lbs so between the wheel and tire combination and my lightened hubs i am losing a total of about 11 lbs of rotating mass which should give me a good gain i hope.I went with 10 paddle which i know is about maximum for my Baja but our hills are short so they should not slow me down too much and i should get a great holeshot.I will be trying these tires out this weekend and i will report back with the results which i am thinking will be good.

Old 06-21-2006, 11:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

73 roll out is the size x 10 rims

Old 06-21-2006, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks Glenn this performance tire game is all new to me.I will be contacting you soon about a nitrous system and that combined with my new tires should help to haul my big behind up the hill just a little faster.

Old 06-22-2006, 02:39 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Duneit, You gonna be at the coast this weekend? I need to get some seat time in before Riddle. I thought maybe we could hook up and go beat up on some two smokers. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-22-2006, 04:55 PM
Pro Rider

You guys are killing me.....It is still a week and something away before I can ride.......ahhhhhh

Old 06-22-2006, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider

Scatterbrain yes i will be at Florence both Saturday and Sunday.We will be driving back on Saturday night and coming back for the Sunday ride.We will be at the top staging area both days so if you want to join us for a ride just let me know.I wont expect to be able to hand it to the two strokes like you will but i can make them nervous enough to make it interesting.

Old 06-23-2006, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

What kind of rig will you be in? and what color is your bike. I will be in a white and silver chevy pulling a flat bed. Bike is red and the girlfriend will be on a white Z400. Lookin forward to meeting you.

Old 06-23-2006, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider

I will be in a gold 04 F-250 Super Duty pulling a white 14' enclosed trailer.My wife and a friend will be on 440 hondas one yellow and one red so that should make us easier to spot.I will be on my 03 Baja.Are you heading over Saturday or Sunday?

Old 06-24-2006, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider

Well we just got back from Florence and the buffed tires and lightened hubs gave me 2 quad lengths in 300 feet which i thought was well worth the effort.I raced my friends 440 ex before and after the new tires for a gauge of performance gains made and that is how it came out.The buffed 10 paddle tires and lightened hubs let my motor rev much quicker and acceleration is much improved.I am a litle concerned about using these tires for everyday duning but i know that some run these every trip with no problems.What pressure do some of you run in your ultralights?Will decreasing the pressure allow these tires to expand on acceleration for better performance?(Scatterbrain) were you there today?If not maybe we will see you Sunday.

Old 06-25-2006, 01:45 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: duneittilludie
Well we just got back from Florence and the buffed tires and lightened hubs gave me 2 quad lengths in 300 feet which i thought was well worth the effort.I raced my friends 440 ex before and after the new tires for a gauge of performance gains made and that is how it came out.The buffed 10 paddle tires and lightened hubs let my motor rev much quicker and acceleration is much improved.I am a litle concerned about using these tires for everyday duning but i know that some run these every trip with no problems.What pressure do some of you run in your ultralights?Will decreasing the pressure allow these tires to expand on acceleration for better performance?(Scatterbrain) were you there today?If not maybe we will see you Sunday.
If Keith was there, then he will not see a posting. Knowing him, he is rolling in tonight and will be there in the morning. Glad to hear that the new parts are working out for you....