CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

TM45 information needed.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 01:53 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TM45 information needed.

Originally posted by: AZSAND
Originally posted by: aceisback
C'mon guys, the auction ends in 2 hours and if it's not the deal of the century then I'll try another source. The race is over and I know everybody is not out riding, it's 110 here right now, so where are all of those informed answers that usually come pouring in???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I need to know. Got something burning a hole in my pocket and the DS is what it's getting spent on.
Before you make any bad decisions call kelly with kms there's a new carb in town.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

INTERESTING!! Im game..

Old 06-26-2006, 09:57 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
Originally posted by: aceisback
C'mon guys, the auction ends in 2 hours and if it's not the deal of the century then I'll try another source. The race is over and I know everybody is not out riding, it's 110 here right now, so where are all of those informed answers that usually come pouring in???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I need to know. Got something burning a hole in my pocket and the DS is what it's getting spent on.
Before you make any bad decisions call kelly with kms there's a new carb in town.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

INTERESTING!! Im game..
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-26-2006, 10:39 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

So now all of the input comes rolling in.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Let's all wait until after the auction ends and then kick him in the nads, I see how this works!

BidDaddy, that cost was for a new, factory sealed box, gimme a little credit here. Thanks for the advice on the cable from RWR. Would he also have the intake for this specific carb or is HPR where I need to get that? Have a core in the garage ready to swap out.

Thanks for all of the advice gentlemen, now somebody clue me in on this magic that Hightower performs. Does that pump just not need activated? There's more involved than that??? And at what cost? Hightower, if you wouldn't mine sending me a PM with a little info I would appreciate it.

I'll check back in after work, thanks again guys.

Old 06-26-2006, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider

Ace, Basically what Hightower does is he tweaks the springs by twisting them to either add tension or reduce tension so that they are more even and the pull is closer to stock. Do a search and you will find a bunch of info. The threads I have read say he gets pretty dang close to the stock feel. I also think that he keeps the pumper activated. If he's still doing it the way he was previously he was just charging for shipping to and from. I'm sure he will chime in here.

So I take it that you took the plunge huh? Did the seller have any more at that price or is that the only one?

Old 06-26-2006, 02:18 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER

INTERESTING!! Im game..
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
OK.... Choose and AZ, are you two going to break out some names on this new option or am I going to have to get my Magnum PI on.... how 'bout just a little hint.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].... and don't just give my a smilley face.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-26-2006, 08:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 06-26-2006, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider

How did I know that was coming.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-26-2006, 10:56 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

FatHolly, and all else concerned, American Classic Motors in PA is who offered these on eBay. They specialize in Harley parts. There are 10 available at this cost and the item number is 120001930504. Still $299 with a buy it now option.

Thanks gents.

Old 06-27-2006, 12:21 AM
Pro Rider

The item says TM45-2... is it the same?

Old 06-27-2006, 04:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have seen these carbs for as low as $220 on ebay - the HSR45 harley carb. not too long ago I installed this very same HSR45 on a friend of mine's Raptor. we had to faricate an intake for it of course, 2 into 1 and all.

The Ron Wood Racing TM45 is the HSR45 that has been fitted with an extended collar on the front for a more secure mounting. The neck on the front of a HSR45 is only 1/2" long, but hey so is the stock carb. Yes the HSR is the exact same carb as the RWR TM45 except for this extened aluminum collar, and no the collar is not 100% necesary as long as you are super careful and get it mounted striaght and square and tight.

As far as the pumper goes - the so called "activation" of the pumper is not necesary. This is a myth. The carb comes from the factory with a pumper. the only pumpers that need "activated" are the ones that have been adulterated or butchered, aka removed by RWR.

For thumb throttle ease, a lightweight throttle spring must be purchased from RWR. This spring is twisted in a manor to apply more closing pressure to the throttle. and alos in conjunction the pumper spring is twisted the other way to become sightly milder in tension. tweeking the two with trial and error until the throttle fully closes but a good squirt is still maintained. when I do this mod, I like for the slide to be able to fully close while holding the carb upside down. if the throttle spring cannot overcome the pumper spring tension AND the weight of the slide combined, it is not good enough IMO. careful not to get the pumper spring too week though, or squirt will be compromised. but twist the throttle return spring too much and you get excessive thumb tension. there is a happy medium that can be found between the two through trial and error....or send it to me with a prepaid return shipping label.

there are pros and cons between carb mount or stock stock intake boot with no airbox.....Jeff Ross has done lots of dynoing, and I respect his experience greatly, and I have also ran both setups tuned properly for each and I have experienced exactly what he says. and that experience confirms a higher peek HP with the carb mount, but higher mid with intake boot. there are situations where each of the two setups can be the better choice, IMO the intake boot setup is more versatile and best all around, but the carb mount with higher peek can have its own advantage if applied right in the right circumstance with the right setup and gearing. I have a thread on this topic floating around somewhere.

Quick Reply: TM45 information needed.