CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

TM45 information needed.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 02:33 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TM45 information needed.

Need to know if this is a fair price or not and if so what other cost would I be out to have everything needed to go along with this? I'm assuming a ported intake would be in order, and the thumb throttle I believe would pick up a little extra tension. Not wanting a twist but will the longer billet thumb be required? And isn't there a different cable needed?

Had decided upon the Lectron but after a month of trying to get money to one member and indecision on another members part I have thrown my hands in the air and decided to go with the TM45. Couple of hundred dollars less for a new carb vice a used Lectron also. I'm still in the market if they can come through but I need one soon.

Last question for now, will the TM45 fit alright with the IMS desert tank? Think there is an issue with the Lectron being tall, but has been overcome by those using both. That's for a future post!

The item number is 4653018781 and they are $299.95. Hopefully this is the same one you folks are running, don't want my hopes up again only to be shot down.

Old 06-25-2006, 05:59 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

First if you are deciding between a used lectron and and new tm i would equate this to a new tm or used toilet paper. the lectron is barely good for drag racing and no way is a used one near the quality of a new tm. And i would touch bases with jeff ross or hightower on the tm questions . I did see a used 46Hv in a garbage can the other day if you wish i will call the guy tomorrow or monday. And see if the garbage truck has not come and how much he will charge to take it out and ship it too you .Hey don't thank me these things i do because i like people to think there bikes can keep up with even my smallest one's.

Hey hey hey im just having fun if any little beaches can't handle it so what...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-25-2006, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider

Ace, the TM and ported intake adds LOTS of pwer to the DS. I hav the extended throttle and it still gets tough when in woods or if you are not riding every weekend. I need to send it to Hightower to work his majic.

Old 06-25-2006, 03:24 PM
Pro Rider

The TM clears the tank, but you cant take the lid off the carb without moving one of the two. The throttle cable I used was my stock one....but I used part of another hex end from another stock cable at the carb end. So if you dont have a second cable to hack....use one specific. I also have tweaked (cut / bent) the TM45 return spring and found that my thumb pressure is closer to stock. I finally got to run my DS next to my friends stock (other than K&N and end cap) and the ported intake, TM45, mild head porting, 15t, and 11.5 piston.........really made this thing come alive on the hill. I pulled over 7 bike lenghts on him every time. Then we swapped quads, it was a HUGE difference.

I don't use the accelerator pump on the TM45.

Old 06-25-2006, 09:00 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

C'mon guys, the auction ends in 2 hours and if it's not the deal of the century then I'll try another source. The race is over and I know everybody is not out riding, it's 110 here right now, so where are all of those informed answers that usually come pouring in???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I need to know. Got something burning a hole in my pocket and the DS is what it's getting spent on.

Old 06-25-2006, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider

Ace your really not going to get a clear answer on this one... I've been trying to figure it out for a long time now. Ultimately its about a wash I think. The Lectron has 1-2 more HP on the top end and the TM45 has better low end. $299 is an alright price, a forum memeber was selling a used one a while back for $250 and I almost jumped on it.... brand new that is the best price I've seen. I say go for it. I'm so wishy washy on the damn thing I don't know which way I will end up going. Good Luck

Old 06-25-2006, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !

The TM with a direct mount filter has more top end power the a lectron, and doesnt lose hardly any bottom end. Talk to Jeff Ross he has dyno numbers to prove it.

Old 06-26-2006, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider

ACE, you are getting all the debate questions that we've been going through for about 2 years. The TM is a wonderful carb after Hightower is done with it. Once you get an experienced tuner on the lectron, it's a thing of beauty all the way through the powerband. I think that 299 is a little hight for a used tm... if that's what we're talking about. I still don't know [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

I've bought and sold TMs for under 200. Then again, if you are in a hurry, then 350 probably isn't bad. feel me?

Remember, that if you do get a TM, call RWR up and get a cable that will fit the stock thumb throttle (if that is what you are using). It's a GREAT cable and the price aint to shabby. Makes things real smooth. I have converted a stock cable, but it's no where near worth it. The cable from RWR is a perfect replacement and looks completely stock. VEry good cable.

Good luck.

Old 06-26-2006, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: Goodsound
The TM with a direct mount filter has more top end power the a lectron, and doesnt lose hardly any bottom end. Talk to Jeff Ross he has dyno numbers to prove it.
Dyno numbers? I can alter anything I want to make it out to be the way I want it.
I own both carbs. I just switched from the 46hv to the duals. I would give ace my tm if my wife would let me. I would have a lectron on it. I have never had such a hard pushing carb in all my life. My wife only uses the first 1/8 throttle, and with the extended thumb throttle its easy right there. I have ran both the direct mount and snorkel setup on the tm. It does seem the direct mount creates a little more top. But I run the snorkel, because it makes the bike pull harder, and it funner to ride with more torque.

Ace I hope you passed. Ride a bike with both carbs on it first. If you decide on the tm, I think they are like 350 new. If you like the twist throttle, then the hard push on the tm wouldnt be an issue. I also wouldnt get the pumper option either. Way to much fuel down low, even with the smaller pumper, and it set way off. It might just be my elevation there, so judge accordingly.

Old 06-26-2006, 01:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Originally posted by: aceisback
C'mon guys, the auction ends in 2 hours and if it's not the deal of the century then I'll try another source. The race is over and I know everybody is not out riding, it's 110 here right now, so where are all of those informed answers that usually come pouring in???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I need to know. Got something burning a hole in my pocket and the DS is what it's getting spent on.
Before you make any bad decisions call kelly with kms there's a new carb in town.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: TM45 information needed.