CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Panic and freeze or just stoopid things people do?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panic and freeze or just stoopid things people do?

We went out in the desert and had a kid ride a friends mini bike he was not very experianced so we started him out on the smallest thing we could find good old fashioned mini bike we told him not to go by the bobbed wire fence he gets on it and goes straight at the fence that is 200 yards away and freezez up in a panic and we all sit there in horror as he drives rite thrue it he crashed and got tore up pretty good only took a few stitches to patch him up but I just don't know if he is stupid or just froze up? If you have a good story of someone stupid or one that just paniced post it and amuse us all. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-30-2006, 02:47 AM
Pro Rider

When I was 13 I jumped on my buddies mo-ped and took it for a spin. I had never been on anything motorized, and it had been raining so the ground was wet. I took off and was totally cool, until I started getting a little fast. I was headed straight for a chain link fence.... while my mind was saying stop my throttle hand was giving it gas. I hit the front brakes while I was on the throttle and started to get sideways. Instead of chrashing into the fence I decided to lay it down. I busted off the peg and scrated up his already beat up mo-ped. I felt so bad cause this thing was his only transportation at the time. His parents would never give him rides anywhere so he relyed on this thing for everything. He did not see me lay it down so I brought it back to him and told him there was something wrong with the peg. He's like "dude, did you lay this thing down"... I'm like "what do you think I retarded or something" He says "man this thing was fine before you rode it." I said "yea I don't know man, but if you want me to weld a new peg on for ya, I will help you out." He gives me **** about it to this day(LOL)... I welded a piece of rusty rebar onto the frame to make a new peg and he was good to go. I am a really good friend.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-30-2006, 03:04 AM
Range Rover

My sister wants a dirt bike. So a budy of mine has a honda 50cc dirt bike that his son is not riding at the moment. Lets me use it and take it to my moms. My sister is 8, so exited, gets on it and starts to go and doesn't know how to stear nor how to stop, starts to go in the woods and dumps it. Trys again and goes right for the barn door and hits it. Makes a roster tail and all. Funniest thing I have seen that day!

Old 06-30-2006, 11:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

One of my family members who never got the chance to ride motorcycles got on my wifes Honda VTR250 a few years back. We were all standing in the yard when he fired it up. He proceeded to engage in multiple high risk maneuvers including a wheelie, rapid swearving, a sharp 90 degree turn pivoting on the foot peg, another wheelie right before running it into a pile of saw dust that belonged to the tree farmer next door. Until he ran into the pile of sawdust I just thought he was showing off and can remember thinking to myself that he was not being a safe rider........especially for his first time ever on a bike. After he went down and I saw the panicked look on his face and felt bad for not reacting to help him. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 06-30-2006, 11:44 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SW2steve77
My sister wants a dirt bike. So a budy of mine has a honda 50cc dirt bike that his son is not riding at the moment. Lets me use it and take it to my moms. My sister is 8, so exited, gets on it and starts to go and doesn't know how to stear nor how to stop, starts to go in the woods and dumps it. Trys again and goes right for the barn door and hits it. Makes a roster tail and all. Funniest thing I have seen that day!
Same here....I was watching the kids across the road at my uncles house take turns riding a 110 I think....all the sudden the front wheel comes straight up and they start spinning in circles then just as the wheel starts to come back down they smash right into the barn door... LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-30-2006, 02:54 PM
Pro Rider

Ive got a lot of things I've seen that have been "Stoopid" in my opinion. Someday I'll write a dune book about them all!

But here is one story ..... I was as Sand Lake Oregon on the beach running around. I noticed that there was a large Polaris utility quad burning up the beach at low tide. He was right at the low tide water line and, there were several pools of water he was running through - at quite a high rate of speed I might add. Some of those pools are about 3 feet deep and only about 4 feet across. Well, he eventually found one, did an endo and splatted his body on the hard beach sand while the ute proceeded to end over on top of him. We ran over to get the ute off of him, nothing was broken but his pride.

Old 06-30-2006, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider

more injuries occur on smaller low powered rides if you dont know what your doing. i have seen it through the yrs when they use to be the honda 50's around. once you learn how to ride the higher power will actually work for your benefit in lots of situations.

Old 07-13-2006, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider

my wreck was just down rite stupidity on my part. middle of march my wife and i arrive at pismo beach for a nonracing easy duner trip. well we had not even been riding more than 20 minutes or so when we came across this real steep drop off that a whole bunch of guys were racing towards, were standing there on the edge and i tell my wife man this is dangerous them guys racing this way if there not careful somebody is gonna fly off this hill and get hurt. well needless to say, i tell the little lady , hey im gonna make one pass,yes i have to be the tough guy nitrous big bore kit. anyway i made one pass and only one pass the bike and myself ended up at the bottom of the drop off. amazing how 1 minute before the wreck i was talking about how dangerous it was, and then im a casualty of the stupid drop off.

Old 07-13-2006, 11:54 PM
Trailblazer

well i have two stories the first one i was like 9 me and my buddies went down a closed off road . the road was closed off because they were replacing the bridge. well some dirt bike guys came over when we were there. so they had to show off well needless to say one claims a stone pile and falls me being stupid laughs at him he is like 18 and me at like 9 yrs old. he ran after us but we jump into a house before he caught us.

the second story is with the same set of guys. we had nothing to do so we got the moped out and we toke turns riding it my one buddie gets one.( just to let you know he owns one too). he hops on and gives her hell and goes straight into a evergreen. he did not even attempt to turn or anything. the funny thing is when he hit hit he kept giving it gas so he put a big rut were his rear tire was.

Old 07-14-2006, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider

When we were in like second grade there was an area where we rode our bikes by this small creek, anyway, there was a high embankment on one side of the creek and we would always talk about jumping off of it to the other side(this was back when Evil Kenevil was at his peak) so one day this one kid is gonna try it.......so we all get on the side of the creek he will be jumping to.....well he gets going and we watch as he nosedives straight into the middle of the creek........we did what all second grade boys do.....WE RAN LIKE HELL and left him there. The creek was pretty shallow and he was OK but that was funny as hell.

Quick Reply: Panic and freeze or just stoopid things people do?