CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Shamrock vs. Ortiz

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 12:07 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shamrock vs. Ortiz

Sylvia won by decision. They need a good wrestler to fight Lidell, and take him out of his stand-up to beat him.

Old 07-09-2006, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider

01ds650, i thought i was the only one with those kind of feeling?

Old 07-09-2006, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider

amen , brother

Old 07-09-2006, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

lidell fought which alot of people consider to be the best wrestler to hit the ufc and beat him 2 out of 3 times....im not sure anyone can take him to the mat and keep him down.....i would sure like to see him and rich franklin get it on...

Old 07-09-2006, 04:31 PM
Range Rover

Yeah, Randy Couture beat him just once, but it didn't seem as if he tried to wrestle during the two losses as he got caught both times with punches during a standup match.I agree, Lidell is extremely hard to takedown, but there has to be someone out there to have the skills to do it. I do not see Lidell's groundgame to be very good, but I haven't seen him on the ground all that much!

Old 07-09-2006, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JTGrizzly
Yeah, Randy Couture beat him just once, but it didn't seem as if he tried to wrestle during the two losses as he got caught both times with punches during a standup match.I agree, Lidell is extremely hard to takedown, but there has to be someone out there to have the skills to do it. I do not see Lidell's groundgame to be very good, but I haven't seen him on the ground all that much!
liddell is a collegent wrestler and is suppodes to be great on the ground. but i havent seen it....he's never on the ground long enough to find out.

Old 07-09-2006, 06:16 PM
Range Rover

I too like the UFC! It allows all kinds of martial arts skills and has longer rounds that test the fighters endurance. I did not like Tito Ortiz and was hoping that Ken Shamrock would win the fight until I watched season 3. Tito actually took an interest in his fighters and helped them improve where as Ken was biding his time until he had another shot at Tito. I am glad that tito handed it to him in the first round. I was also hoping Tim Sylvia would win and he did by decision after the fifth round. I did not get to see the fights but I read about them on sherdog.com. As far as Chuck Liddell goes, he is going to fight the middleweight champion of the Pride Fighting association in November. Then some time early next year, Tito might get a chance to fight him.

I agree with what someone said earlier that it would be a good fight between Chuck Liddell and Rich Franklin. Too bad Matt Hughes isn't in that weight class, he can take down anyone!

Old 07-09-2006, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: thebigshow
Originally posted by: JTGrizzly
liddell is a collegent wrestler and is suppodes to be great on the ground. but i havent seen it....he's never on the ground long enough to find out.
Seemed like a lot of the matches ended up being stand up fights... that is a major change from some of the original UFC matches where nearly every match would end up on the ground, and end in a submission hold. Good fights though, I was entertained

Old 07-09-2006, 06:23 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: newbomber
I too like the UFC! It allows all kinds of martial arts skills and has longer rounds that test the fighters endurance. I did not like Tito Ortiz and was hoping that Ken Shamrock would win the fight until I watched season 3. Tito actually took an interest in his fighters and helped them improve where as Ken was biding his time until he had another shot at Tito. I am glad that tito handed it to him in the first round. I was also hoping Tim Sylvia would win and he did by decision after the fifth round. I did not get to see the fights but I read about them on sherdog.com. As far as Chuck Liddell goes, he is going to fight the middleweight champion of the Pride Fighting association in November. Then some time early next year, Tito might get a chance to fight him.

I agree with what someone said earlier that it would be a good fight between Chuck Liddell and Rich Franklin. Too bad Matt Hughes isn't in that weight class, he can take down anyone!
i was thinking the same thing about matt hughes...if he could just put on thirty pounds...i think that would be a good fight at there respected weights they are at now...

Old 07-09-2006, 08:10 PM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !

Im more of a All Star Wrestling fan. Anyone who can take 10 punches to the face or be thrown through a table, or get hit in the head by a sledge hammer has to be one tough sucker[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] Ill bet them UFC guys couldnt do all that and stay awake or alive for that matter.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

PS: All Star Wrestling is real isnt it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Shamrock vs. Ortiz