CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Shamrock vs. Ortiz

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shamrock vs. Ortiz

Anyone in the Bomb forum into UFC. The fight is about to start.... gonna be a good one.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-08-2006, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

It is stupid we have more imported fight than to fight each other.

Old 07-09-2006, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider

Heck, I'd love to pound on people I work with!

Old 07-09-2006, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

I want shamrock too win with all my heart, but i think ortiz my take the victory.

Old 07-09-2006, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TheWeedman
I want shamrock too win with all my heart, but i think ortiz might take the victory.

Old 07-09-2006, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......

Originally posted by: TheWeedman
I want shamrock too win with all my heart, but i think ortiz my take the victory.
Same here....i really hope shamrock will kick his a$$ but im thinkin ortiz may take it.

Old 07-09-2006, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !

Im more of a Hulk Hogan fan[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 07-09-2006, 01:12 AM
Trailblazer

shamrock is old so i think tito is gonna win......ANYWAYS.......who won the fights.....

Old 07-09-2006, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CALDS650
It is stupid we have more imported fight than to fight each other.
I understand that this might not be for everyone, and I would not expect everyone in this forum would be interested in this type of entertainment. But I was simply asking if anyone else was interested. I will admit that not everyone is into the same thing... as Bomb owners we surley know that. But to dismiss this event as "stupid" contradicts 5000 years of what popular entertainment has provided us. Grapling and boxing first emerged in the Sumarian cluture, which was the first example of a complex civilization. This form of entertianment and sport has been a significant part of the human experience through every civilization since. Hand to hand combat is the most pure form of sport there is. One winner, one loser, and no impliments, equipment or round objects (ie baseballs, basketballs, footballs, hocky pucks, ect) to interfere with the competition. One winner, one loser; like the "fight" to which you refer. I would really call it more of a war. But I tend to think that this is exactly what our boys are laying their lives down on the line for. If the fellas that flew those planes into our buildings had it their way we would live the boring repressed lives that they do. We don't have to do that, however, because we are fighting an important fight. We cannot discount the idea that the boys on the front lines must have something to believe in. The same way that a picture of a soldiers' girl at home offers solice that there is in fact something or someone waiting for them when they get home, so does the entertainment and lifestyle that is afforded to us as Americans. ATV's, sports, hotrods, and all forms of entertainment are part of why our boys fight.

You state that "we have more imported fight than to fight each other." Your alltruism, however, is not sincere. Yes there is a more important fight being fought right now, so in that case please explain how us replying to messages on a forum about riding our Bomb's, is advancing our current situation in the Middle East. This forum is entertainment, just like the UFC match that you so casually discount as "stupid." Fact is I have several friends who served for our military in the first gulf war who are watching this event as we speak, and are avid fans. Maybe you were part of the armed servies and served our country, I don't know. If you did I offer a tip of my cap to you, however, I think you have over looked a truley American event, with a comment based on your own views. Hell one of the fighters tonight expressed how many letters he recieved from soldiers over seas expressing their admiration for the fighter and UFC in general... this is something that means something significant to a large number of soldiers.

The bottom line is, who cares if you don't like it, who cares if I do like it. It is part of the popular culture of this country. And for you to sit in judgement of it the way you have borders on facism... well maybe that is going a little far but I say that to make a point. There are many forms of entertainment that I do not necessarily enjoy, but for me to call them "stupid" would only magnify my lack of knowledge of the particular segment of our society. Hell I don't necessarily enjoy hocky but to bad mouth it every time someone mentions it would leave my voice horse and my throat dry. Point is, I did not start this thread to have one of my forms of entertainment called stupid. I was just wondering who else was into it, I'm sure I am not the only one. But you can continue passing judgement and perpetuate a lack of acceptance towards other people who may have interests other than your's. I will keep an open mind and try to be positive about the thing that might not be a part of my existance.

OK I'm done... but really try to have more of an open mind about things.

Late.

Old 07-09-2006, 01:23 AM
Pro Rider

Update: Tito beat Shamrock's @ss in just over a minute.

Quick Reply: Shamrock vs. Ortiz