CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Good morning Bombardier Boys.

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 10:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good morning Bombardier Boys.

Well the yamaha forum is a little boring this morning...So i came over here to see is anyone got any good storys...I know Scott got someing good... He always has someone guning for him and he whoops them with the spider bike...LOL.. I know i had to learn the hard way..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-14-2006, 12:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img], Oh yeah, you know I have a story or two to tell this morning. Im actually still trying to convince some folks over on planetsand there just isnt any comparison when it comes to running a hill then taking that same bike to the track and expect to be competitive. Its two entirely different worlds. But I will be the first to say, the DS ruled the hill this year, they ruled the Genoa Jamboree this year and they ruled Planetsand drags this year. All I can say is GET IN LINE AND GET READY TO GET U SUM, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-14-2006, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider

But I will be the first to say, the DS ruled the hill this year, they ruled the Genoa Jamboree this year and they ruled Planetsand drags this year. All I can say is GET IN LINE AND GET READY TO GET U SUM,
LOL yeah i thought i wanted sum of the spider DS at red river sanddrags...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
And the spider ate my lunch...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Buts my rappy went on a diet and lost 30lbs...And she is trying to grow a little blue bottle...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-14-2006, 01:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

OH man, that little blue bottle will definitely make up the difference in what you lack on weight, and it will make ya smile just like this, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Im gonna try my best to be back up there on the 29th. I want to run the spiderbike on all motor to see exactly where Im at with this gearing change.

Old 07-14-2006, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider

Choose...here's what I think...for what it's worth!

I think the 300 is much more about set-up than anything else. For example...look at that Drag 400ex on PS for sale that "runs consistant 4.7's" with that stretched frame. If you take a look at the specifics, the motor really isn't that special, and I doubt its pushing more than 55 horses.

Point being, even though that 400 would beat MOST of the "hill" bikes in the 300, it would probably get smacked on the hill due to less HP...it might be winning for the first 300ft or so of the race, but what happens on the last 400-600ft of the hill!? I think this is where true HP and TQ shines and overcomes a lack of "set-up".

Not starting any kind of argument, but rather a good discussion! What do ya think!? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-14-2006, 01:42 PM
Pro Rider

Im gonna try my best to be back up there on the 29th. I want to run the spiderbike on all motor to see exactly where Im at with this gearing change
Yea were going to try to be there too...And i thinks the rest of the craycrafty boys will be there...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

So it will be good times at the texarcana sand drags....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-14-2006, 01:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bulldogz400
Choose...here's what I think...for what it's worth!

I think the 300 is much more about set-up than anything else. For example...look at that Drag 400ex on PS for sale that "runs consistant 4.7's" with that stretched frame. If you take a look at the specifics, the motor really isn't that special, and I doubt its pushing more than 55 horses.

Point being, even though that 400 would beat MOST of the "hill" bikes in the 300, it would probably get smacked on the hill due to less HP...it might be winning for the first 300ft or so of the race, but what happens on the last 400-600ft of the hill!? I think this is where true HP and TQ shines and overcomes a lack of "set-up".

Not starting any kind of argument, but rather a good discussion! What do ya think!? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Oh I think we also need to make a good discussion out of this subject as well. I dont doubt you boys have some very fast bikes that are very, very capable of making some serious passes on an official 300ft sand track. But my biggest arguement in the whole scheme of things is simply this.....You cannot take the fastest hill bike and come dominate the track. But I do on the other hand believe you can take that same bike that dominates the track and go dominate the hill. Albeit, a suspended drag chassis can get it done on the track as well as on the hill. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Another valid point I try to make is that 4 stroke wars is an unofficial event that people want world reknown recognition for winning. But will fight tooth and nail about not coming to the Planetsand drags where indeed the FASTEST ON THE PLANET assembled to let it all hang out. This is the race where no holds are barred.

I'll be patiently awaiting a reply.

DriverDoyle, I cant wait my friend. I have a few more tricks up my sleeve that should be good for a couple bikes.

Old 07-14-2006, 01:54 PM
Pro Rider

DriverDoyle, I cant wait my friend. I have a few more tricks up my sleeve that should be good for a couple bikes.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Scott you got your video yet??

Old 07-14-2006, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider

Choose,

I agree...you cannot take the fastest hill shooters and have them dominate the track without having the proper set-up. I also agree that the fastest 300 quads could come to the hill and give the hillshooters a GREAT challenge.

Here's what I think, however. I believe that only a CERTAIN amount of flat trackers could come to the hill and have the success that they do on the flats. The reason I say this is because the lesser HP'd machines can NO LONGER rely on having a great set-up to produce a good time / win. Like previously stated, it's one thing to hold off a higher HP'd machine on a 300ft flat surface, and another thing to hold one off on a 600-1000 ft steep hill.

Good discussion let's keep it going!

Old 07-14-2006, 02:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Correct. But we have seen at Planetsand that it took 106hp to get it done. Prime example is that you also had an 85hp yfz running in that same event and just couldnt get it done. The yfz was impressive. But it took an 80lb kid to make it that impressive. The bike would have lost a good 3 tenths if the owner would have been riding it.

Now with that said....it took approx 90hp to get it done at 4SW's with a bike that weighed roughly 60lbs heavier than the one running at Planetsand. Now I ask you. Do think that 106hp straightline drag bike couldnt dominate the hill?

Quick Reply: Good morning Bombardier Boys.