CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

RHINOOOO'S

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RHINOOOO'S

Does anyone hear own a Rhino? I just picked one up, and was wondering what the things that this thing is going to need, and what to do first. I have been on other sites, but just wondering if the local folks have any input.

Old 07-19-2006, 12:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RHINOOOO'S

Punisher had one. He put the rev box on and wheel spacers and paddles in the rear. He duned it and for a while he REALLY thought it was a rail.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 07-19-2006, 12:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default RHINOOOO'S

A couple of my riding buddies have these. One put a pipe and cdi on and a Hotcam. The added power caused him to slightly pull past the stock one (they were dead even before the mods) but the down side was that they are having overheating issues presumably because of the few extra hp. If you mod, plan to improve your cooling system...........assuming we came to the right conclusion as to the culprit[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-19-2006, 12:50 AM
Pro Rider
Default RHINOOOO'S

IT is a rail dammit!!!! I have heard the cdi was the first thing to do. I will be using it for hunting and mountains aswell, so it cant get all too pimped out..........ok just a little.

Old 07-19-2006, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider
Default RHINOOOO'S

Black Rhino Performance has a lot of Rhino upgrades as well as some decent forums. Pick up a better CDI for sure. My buddy just dyno'd his Rhino at 32hp with a new CDI, better intake, and gutted Raptor exhuast welded on...Mario knows who I'm talkin bout!!

Old 07-19-2006, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider
Default RHINOOOO'S

Jed, I have an 06 polaris Ranger 700EFI. Love the machine and it goes just about everywhere. The Ranger has about 180lbs more weight, but is bigger. Obviously we needed the bigger rig - no comments from 2Big.

We are fairly limited on Cheap mods right now because of the EFI. The Rhino has a great deal more mods on the market, but as Nut said you have to be somewhat careful with the overheating deal. I've got lots of friends that have them, and most say Intake, Exhaust and Cams. They'll never do stuff REAL fast, but they'll do everything. The Rhino has a distinct advantage over the Ranger in that our 4wheel drive is on demand. When we click into 4wd, the front only turns when the back is slipping. Your's on the other hand engages and locks the entire time it's in. Our big advantage is in the efi. On our last trip to Coral Pink, there were 3, no 4 rhinos that were side-lined because of jetting issues. They just couldn't get them to run right. Once you have things set for the different altitudes, mark and file the stuff and jet accordingly.

Beyond the basic mods, the VERY next step that I would do on the Rhino is the suspension. Lot's of aftermarket stuff for them in this department. They ride pretty harsh (comparatively) and their footprint is fairly narrow. Kind of like the Raptors of old. Feel me?

All that said and done, they are a blast! We absutely love our ranger and wouldn't trade it for the world. We ride that more than quads now. Of course, the beast is still number 1, but the ranger is awful fun. Enjoy, and we'll race when I get there in Sept.

You know we're going to have to race! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Actually, I think you'll win from dune to dune... but I'll get there in MUCH comfort! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-19-2006, 02:53 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Default RHINOOOO'S

I too have a 700 efi lifted 4"with 28" tires wheel spacers after market exhaust ported intake.stereo amp speakers light kit and noss yes noss it makes for more fun than mods and she dunes just fine. Any way's back to your question Kelly at kms has a buttload of mods for the rhino he has exhaust systems headers cdi's. He has several featured builds in magazines and he has complete heads in stock give him a call.

Old 07-19-2006, 03:14 AM
Pro Rider
Default RHINOOOO'S

ROTFLMAO, JED HAS GONE BLUE!!!!!! I knew it was only a matter of time.

Actually I think thats pretty cool machine, I am thinking of picking one up next year. You may want to check your mag rack at the local supermarket and see if ya can find the last month issue of Dirtwheels. They had a big write up and a big section on the tons of mods for a Rhino. If ya cant find it, let me know. I have it still and will get it to ya.

So ya gunna bring it up with ya in Oct. for the Elk hunt??????? HEY come to think of it, that would be a good name for her........Ms. October!!

Old 07-19-2006, 10:45 AM
Pro Rider
Default RHINOOOO'S

Ms. October eh? lol And he!! ya on the hunt deal, thats why we got her.

Az, I will check out Kelley's site, thanks.

It suprises me that you two have the ranger. They didnt have the 700efi when I looked at them, well the dealer didnt I guess. I looked at the Artic Cat Prowler, and I liked it better for the ergonomics, but nobody really was giving it any love for reliability.

Old 07-19-2006, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default RHINOOOO'S

Yea, on paper the Prowler was supposed to be the bomb! But we're finding out that it was kind of a load. As far as the Ranger goes, you aint ridden in comfort until you ride the ranger. These things are just about as sweet as they come. I do wish it had buckets, but I'm sure I can custom/shoe-horn in a three if I tried real hard. In fact, many people have done just that.

AZ, I'll have to get together with you on some things that are supposedly REAL secret on these rangers. I just got the info from an insider at the dealer last week. Pretty crazy to say the least. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]