CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

RHINOOOO'S

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 09:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RHINOOOO'S

Cool.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 07-19-2006, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default RHINOOOO'S

I've got one the first thing i did was put the CDI on and a CVT filter(must have for the dunes) and I got all this stuff on www.everythingoffroad.com

Old 07-20-2006, 12:44 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default RHINOOOO'S

rhinos arent that great...

Old 07-20-2006, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider
Default RHINOOOO'S

Originally posted by: 4wheelerfred
rhinos arent that great...
Are you kidding

Old 07-20-2006, 03:46 AM
Pro Rider
Default RHINOOOO'S

Bombardier/BRP/Can-Am/claptrap/cookamunga/cunnilingus or whatever they are calling themselves this month are making a huge mistake by not getting into the side-by-side market. Yeah, I know they like their two up machines but that is more for the girlfriend/wife market. Come on. Dudes don't ride with other dudes like that. The side by side is something entirely different market. It isn't like it would be some huge engineering challenge for them. They've got the basic components already engineered and developed for an outstanding side-by-side in the big bore Outlanders. Imagine a 800 Outlander side by side. Or perhaps even increase the displacement a bit since you are dealing with a larger machine. They've got some bigger rotax engines to work with from watercraft and snow machine lines do they not? You could offer it like they do with they are doing with the Outlander and the Renegade. A few models being more in a more utility oriented series like Mules moving up to Rhino and Prowler in terms of performance and utility and then one a more sport oriented model that would be analogous to the Renegade. This would totally redefine the market in side-by-side machines.

Old 07-20-2006, 03:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Default RHINOOOO'S

I yi CAPIETON I WOULD TEND TO SIDE WITH YOU ON THAT ONE THEY HAVE SOME OF THE FINEST PLATEFORMS TO WORK FROM.opps that dam caps button [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 07-20-2006, 06:52 AM
Pro Rider
Default RHINOOOO'S

REAL MEN will ride THEIR OWN ATV, not ride shotgun...... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

BRP can not make enough big bore engines to supply all their demands for their quads. Until they finish building their new manufacturing plant, they won't be able to supply enough engines. It will be several years, if ever, that BRP will offer a side by side.

BUT, I know of a fabrication shop that is building a tube frame "Rhino style" vehicle with better suspension and they are using the engine & drivetrain from a BRP 650 that was wrecked. If they find there is a market, they will produce them with 650 or 800 engines. I would expect the cost will be mid to high $20s.

But people are putting that much into their Rhinos already....

I seriously considered getting a Rhino for me and my wife to explore the mountains. But when I learned many neat trails throughout the west have width restrictions of 50" or less, I opted for the Outlander Max XT. I am very happy with my decision and have ridden trails that no Rhino type vehicle can go!!!

Old 07-20-2006, 01:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default RHINOOOO'S

anyone who says rhinos arent that great probably doesnt own one or hasnt played with one enough to form an accurate opinion of them. they are the most fun you will ever have at 40mph. they are a totally different kind of fun. once you are totally worn out and sore from riding your quad all day you set the ice chest in the back of the rhino and grab the wife and head out cruising through the dunes. they are so comfortable and just cruise everywhere. we set out with the nice folks that own marvin shaw into the big dunes at glamis with 6 sand rails and about 10 quads all in a single file line and I was about in the middle of the pack behind an injected v6 powered rail. it was about an hour before we stopped again and we never dropped behind or found a dune we could go right up and everytime we did stop everyone would gather around the only rhino in the group (ours) and talk about how they never thought it would be able to keep up and ask what they cost because they all were impressed with its performance and wanted one. the only thing I have added to ours is 2 sets of pia driving lights, an aluminum diamond plate sun roof, and a cool rhino billet led light up shift **** I found on ebay. an aftermarket cdi box wont help you in the dunes. all it does is raise the rev limit which ups the top speed. whats the point? how often are you going to want to go faster than 40mph out in the dunes? if any of you own a vehicle with a cvt tranny and have had any experience with trying to hopp one up you will know that a pipe and jet kit and free flowing filter are a waste of money. its hard to make one go faster without tearing it down and adding cc's. I know a guy who installed a pipe, jet kit, clutch kit and big k&n filter and my wifes stock kfx beats his modded one by 5 bikes up the back side of sand mountain. happens all the time. now , its gotten to the point where when I see a kfx thats covered in trick parts I have to line up with them because I know I will always win.LOL! my wife thinks its a crappy thing to do but I always claim Im trying to find some sort of aftermarket part that will actually make some sort of performance improvement on the kfx. your better off just to leave them alone and enjoy them for what they are because the first $1000 you spend on performance mods will be a complete waste of money. you can make one run hard but not without having the cylinder off.

Old 07-20-2006, 02:33 PM
Range Rover
Default RHINOOOO'S

Originally posted by: BigDaddy331
So what is your impression of the Prowler. Is it all that it's cracked up to be? Or have there been problems?

Be honest now.... and I would expect there to be problems in the first year runs.

I'll be honest, my stock Ranger doesn't climb as well as a stock Rhino. But like I said, it's got it's good things over the rhino as well.

I was looking at the Prowler, but there were like 6 in town and you couldn't get anyone to give you a ride or even set in one at the dealer. They just weren't around.

Give us a review.....
Seriously, it is a great machine. There were problems out there with brakes and noise, but AC issued a recall and fixed them.

The machine is fast! I drove both the Rhino and Prowler before buying. Prowler handled and turned better. Smoother ride and absorbed the bumps better.

The machine climbs great. No problems on dirt hills. 4WD works fine. Flip the switch.

Prowler suspension is way better, most travel and most ground clearance.

I've never liked AC quads or sleds, but this machine has me thinking alot different!

Drive both, buy what you like best.

Old 07-20-2006, 02:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default RHINOOOO'S

I'm not sure what the comment about not being great was about. I don't own a Rhino, but I think all of these machines are a LOAD of fun. They go up just about anything, and they are very comfortable. I do believe that the Rhino is better at climbing than my Ranger (right now anyway). I'll be up at 10,000 next weekend and the Ranger won't miss a beat. The EFI is very good. A little more power and I'm done with the mechanical mods.

Good to hear about the Prowler. Sounds like a fun machine.