CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

100 Db Drag Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 04:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 100 Db Drag Pipe

Well, I dont live in a restricted area but I can put myself in that typr of position.

Heres what I would do. I would put a hinge on a tip with baffle that pops open to reveal drag tip for when your racing. When you see jonny lay you can flip the hinge and drop/snap the disced cap over the tip for the DB check from jonny. just a thought.

Old 08-10-2006, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default 100 Db Drag Pipe

2 Minutes? Well then forget about flow changes because that will affect your jetting.

Ron, invent us an electronic noise canceller for exhaust systems then you'll have my attention.

Old 08-10-2006, 04:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default 100 Db Drag Pipe

Originally posted by: OregonDunePatrol
2 Minutes? Well then forget about flow changes because that will affect your jetting.

Ron, invent us an electronic noise canceller for exhaust systems then you'll have my attention.
The only other way would be to have two of those HPR pipes - each with its own silencer.

Old 08-10-2006, 04:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 100 Db Drag Pipe

The only other way would be to have two of those HPR pipes - each with its own silencer.
Uh...........that is what I am talking about having.

On the drag pipe, there is the end which is about 17" long that slips over the mid-pipe and has springs holding it in place. I am making an end based on the Top Gun that is also 17" long that will attach at the same place that has the packing in the end and the 12 disk like my Top Gun. I run the lectron. All that will be required is to change the end and open or close the adjustable power jet a bit.

Old 08-10-2006, 07:12 PM
Range Rover
Default 100 Db Drag Pipe

Originally posted by: DSNUT
I courtesy checked my Top Gun at 102. We are working on a way to knock that down a couple more Db. I just don't know how far we can go.......
Ron, was that 102 with the 730? I can't imagine how ANY system on that 810 motor could be less than 100db. Once you get there, I will be more than happy to jockey that up the hill, until then I can't afford anymore of those tickets, my last one still isn't paid..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 08-10-2006, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default 100 Db Drag Pipe

You know I am amazed as well that a courtesy check got you 102 db on a non-packed exhaust system.

Ron,

What was that tester smoking? It has to be at half rated RPM - thats 4K RPM at about 3 feet out from the ehaust and 45 degrees over and tested on the sand.

Old 08-10-2006, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider
Hasn't given up on the 660 just yet...
Default 100 Db Drag Pipe

Maybe Tim Barker will make some similar to what we run on our raptors. I have asked about it all he needs is a DS to mock it up on. Any one from michigan here ?

Old 08-10-2006, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default 100 Db Drag Pipe

Ron i am also trying to think of ways to get more power with reasonable sound levels and i have one idea that may work for me and my disced end cap.I was considering having a large 1"or so hole drilled in the solid end of my end cap and then having that threaded so that i can remove a threaded plug when i get to the drag hill.As you have seen my disced end cap gives me good results and great torque and if i could gain more flow and top end by removing such a plug i could possibly have a fairly quiet pipe that is somewhat adjustable for the hill.My stock pipe with the end cap usually does not even get a second look since it seems to be stock to most eyes so i may see if this will work.I will probably give this a try soon since i could always plug the hole up for good if this does not work.

Old 08-10-2006, 10:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 100 Db Drag Pipe

My 730......whether it was the cams or what was quieter than my stock bore. Klugs are testing my 730 on NM right now and when they put it in their bike and hooked it up to their pipe it was significantly quieter than their stock bore. My 810 is over twice as loud as my 730 was with my Top Gun. I know it isn't 100 DB.......more like 115, lol.

I am going to make mine. If anyone who rides the Oregon coast but would like to have an HPR drag pipe for the sanctioned races and slip a disked end on for a weekend of recreational hill racing without having to remove header bolts, call me.

Old 08-10-2006, 10:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 100 Db Drag Pipe

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 100 Db Drag Pipe