CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Is this true 300 ft dragsters?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 10:30 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this true 300 ft dragsters?

Originally posted by: DSNUT
Originally posted by: 222
Originally posted by: DSNUT
I was skeptical at first but I am convinced now we will see a stock bore, stock stroke on NOS in the 4.0's or less in the next 6 months[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Wow, forever the optimist! Let's see, the closest thing we have so far is Choose drag frame NOS at 4.6 and Eric's stock frame motor 4.6. Six tenths is a long way to go in 6 months!!! And.... there hasn't been much research or testing lately on the stock bore..... has there?

I can't argue with you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I have always been an incurable optimist[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It comes with many disappointments but they never last long because I quickly find the good in the failure to meet expectation[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

On this, however, I think I am accurate[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I know the guy gunning for this and he is not the kind of guy to give up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-22-2006, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
And I am willing to go out on a limb and say that in the next 8 months my bike will run 4.1 on all motor at 365 lbs. NO NOS...!!! Stock bore stock stroke...

We will be testing a whole new stock bore here soon... sending her off in the next 4 months... The the bar will be raised beyond belief.
Wow, and I thought DSNut was the optimist!!! let me get this down for the record: all motor, no NOS, 365lb, stock bore and stroke- 4.1 e.t. in 300ft. Remote controlled or with a pilot?

My hat will be off to whoever can do that!!!!

p.s. neither Eric nor I have ever ran nitro in a DS650 (yet).

Old 08-22-2006, 04:05 PM
Pro Rider

And I am willing to go out on a limb and say that in the next 8 months my bike will run 4.1 on all motor at 365 lbs. NO NOS...!!! Stock bore stock stroke...

We will be testing a whole new stock bore here soon... sending her off in the next 4 months... The the bar will be raised beyond belief.
Wow, and I thought DSNut was the optimist!!! let me get this down for the record: all motor, no NOS, 365lb, stock bore and stroke- 4.1 e.t. in 300ft. Remote controlled or with a pilot?

Old 08-22-2006, 04:07 PM
Pro Rider

Im sorry Randall so you and Eric have NEVER mixed Nitro with gas or alky on any ds motor? I need this to be very clear.

Old 08-22-2006, 04:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Rcoop,

You should be specific to. Are you asking about Nitromethane or Nitropropane? Do you know which one Randall is talking about?

Old 08-22-2006, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider

Thats why i was asking for clarification.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-22-2006, 04:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rcoop
Im sorry Randall so you and Eric have NEVER mixed Nitro with gas or alky on any ds motor? I need this to be very clear.
thank you, I stand corrected (i.e. I was wrong). I really had to think about that one and still almost answered wrong- that brought back memories I apparently tried to forget!! We made some runs with nitro trying to get that thing to run right. Notice, we haven't run alky since then!! In hindsight, we should've pulled the alky out and ran gas. We used to have great success on the old Honda's with nitro, but we also blew a few motors- maybe I'm just getting scared in my old age....

p.s. nitroMETHANE

Old 08-22-2006, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for clearing that up for me Randall. What were you looking for with that flashlight though?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-25-2006, 05:42 AM
Pro Rider

Just to help you remember NUT

Old 08-25-2006, 11:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rcoop
thank you, I stand corrected (i.e. I was wrong). I really had to think about that one and still almost answered wrong- that brought back memories I apparently tried to forget!! We made some runs with nitro trying to get that thing to run right. Notice, we haven't run alky since then!! In hindsight, we should've pulled the alky out and ran gas. We used to have great success on the old Honda's with nitro, but we also blew a few motors- maybe I'm just getting scared in my old age....

p.s. nitroMETHANE
Old age is creeping up on you, rcoop. Randall forgot about something they tried a year and a half ago..........you forgot what he said a couple days ago......unless him man-ing up and correcting his mis-statement didn't help your cause of misrepresenting his character[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

The difference between a mis-statement and a lie is, when you make a mis-statement.....you correct it when you realize you were incorrect. That is why the things you say about others are lies, not mis-statements[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

lol

Quick Reply: Is this true 300 ft dragsters?