CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

nos setup ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 10:46 AM
amd
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nos setup ?'s

Choose I couldnt agree more......You know NOS as in the nitrous company that holley owns now. (Nitrous oxide systems) has been around for many many years, and even though they havent put much R&D into many new setups and systems, to me and I have been using nitrous for many years NOS is still the leader in Nitrous systems. They have proven to be reliable as long as the user does not get to carried away. Yeah the other systems are easier and will usually be the right choice for the average user, But Nitrous is meant to do one thing. Make power, and of course the other systems do that, but for me it is not near enough. I like to be able to tune my systems to make the power the components in the motor can handle. I have safely ran a jetted 30 shot and tuned from there and made an actuall 36 horse increase on the dyno. Yes this was with a stock piston, stock everything. I didnt run it that way for long due to the fact that I was pushing alot more then what the stock piston could handle. I did run about 20 lbs thru it though.

Now on to the original question. If you ride alot of trails and only race here and there. You may just want to stick with the BD. If you all you pretty much do is drag race, well then you know my answer. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-21-2006, 10:52 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default nos setup ?'s

Originally posted by: amd
Choose I couldnt agree more......You know NOS as in the nitrous company that holley owns now. (Nitrous oxide systems) has been around for many many years, and even though they havent put much R&D into many new setups and systems, to me and I have been using nitrous for many years NOS is still the leader in Nitrous systems. They have proven to be reliable as long as the user does not get to carried away. Yeah the other systems are easier and will usually be the right choice for the average user, But Nitrous is meant to do one thing. Make power, and of course the other systems do that, but for me it is not near enough. I like to be able to tune my systems to make the power the components in the motor can handle. I have safely ran a jetted 30 shot and tuned from there and made an actuall 36 horse increase on the dyno. Yes this was with a stock piston, stock everything. I didnt run it that way for long due to the fact that I was pushing alot more then what the stock piston could handle. I did run about 20 lbs thru it though.

Now on to the original question. If you ride alot of trails and only race here and there. You may just want to stick with the BD. If you all you pretty much do is drag race, well then you know my answer. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-21-2006, 10:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default nos setup ?'s

Originally posted by: 650VIPER
Originally posted by: choosetolose04
<u>Nitrous</u>

Holley NOS System=Fastest on the Planet/Drag Race/Go Fast

Boondockers=Trail Ride/Play Race/Little Slower

Boss Noss=Blown Motor

BOSS NOSS System=Fastest on the Planet/Hill shoot/ Go fast the longest/Company sucks!
Boondocker=Best all around play system/no slower than any other system/Good Company!
Nos/Nx/all other wet systems=Good for 300'/ Your on your own!

Your only on your own with an NOS system because you didnt choose the right dealer, enough said.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-21-2006, 11:25 AM
Pro Rider
Default nos setup ?'s

If you want play NOS buy Boondockers or BOSS NOS. If you want real power get the NOS brand by Holly. If you have the right person install it you will have no problems.

Old 08-21-2006, 01:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default nos setup ?'s

Old 08-21-2006, 02:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default nos setup ?'s

Originally posted by: OregonDunePatrol
Originally posted by: 650VIPER
<u>Nitrous</u>

Holley NOS System=Fastest on the Planet/Drag Race/Go Fast

Boondockers=Trail Ride/Play Race/Little Slower

Boss Noss=Blown Motor

BOSS NOSS System=Fastest on the Planet/Hill shoot/ Go fast the longest/Company sucks!
Boondocker=Best all around play system/no slower than any other system/Good Company!
Nos/Nx/all other wet systems=Good for 300'/ Your on your own!

Your only on your own with an NOS system because you didnt choose the right dealer, enough said.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I think Jed is about as qualified of a person I know that really has owned or been close to all these systems. There arent very many people that have as much knowlege & experience as he does when it comes to nitrous systems. So when Jed talks, you know its not hype or simply repeating rumors. I'm with him on this one.

With Holly unregulated systems - the problem will never be the dealer or the installer - the problem will be the rider keeping it tuned. If you havent studied that aspect of it, the Holly unregulated systems are simply waiting for a lean opportunity to bit you in the ****.

Im also one to "know" what Im talking about when it comes to a Holley NOS nitrous system. As with most any nitrous system, its more about user error than system error. People have problems with their engines while running nitrous and the first thing they do is throw punches at the nitrous company. Some cases its true, some it isnt.

Old 08-21-2006, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default nos setup ?'s

I run the Boon Dockers because I feel safe with it. Its a simple system with no fuel pump and is very compact. As with all systems when its right is awesome

Old 08-21-2006, 02:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default nos setup ?'s

Old 08-21-2006, 03:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default nos setup ?'s

Very Good Marky. Very Good. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I might also add, its good to see your not making these legit observations from a salesman's point of view now days.....

Bombsaint, I can attest to the fact that a stock motor will take a licking and keep on ticking with about 30lbs of hard nitrous passes run through the spiderbike thus far, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-21-2006, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default nos setup ?'s

Very Good Marky. Very Good. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Bombsaint, I can attest to the fact that a stock motor will take a licking and keep on ticking with about 30lbs of hard nitrous passes run through the spiderbike thus far, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
You told me that was for ballast to hold the front in down. You promised me that it wasnt hooked up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: nos setup ?'s