CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Can you turn a DS sideways in a 7' wide enclosed trailer?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 09:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you turn a DS sideways in a 7' wide enclosed trailer?

I have PRM grab bars on both of mine and I tried to do a quick measure, right around 79". The interior of the one I am looking at is 79", I think it will just fit, but didn't know if there would be room to swing it around. BTW, the trailer is a Legend 7'x14' with a 3' long V nose all aluminum. Most of the time I will be pulling my quads in nose to nose but occasionally if I need to fit 3 I will have to turn them sideways.

Thanks,
Josh

Old 08-25-2006, 09:49 AM
Pro Rider
Has been riding one thing or another since I was 11 years old.(31 years).

Josh , you need to measure corne to corner of youir quad.. this will be the widest point. i can not turn my DS sideways inside of my toy hauler. and be able to stand behind to pick it it up. you may be able to put it on an atv lift & pull it in sideways. just my 2 cents

Old 08-25-2006, 09:54 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JMann2380
I have PRM grab bars on both of mine and I tried to do a quick measure, right around 79". The interior of the one I am looking at is 79", I think it will just fit, but didn't know if there would be room to swing it around. BTW, the trailer is a Legend 7'x14' with a 3' long V nose all aluminum. Most of the time I will be pulling my quads in nose to nose but occasionally if I need to fit 3 I will have to turn them sideways.

Thanks,
Josh

If you have a PRM desert grab bar, you might need to take it off. 4 bolts and your done! Thats got to be worth 4 inches of space right there.

Old 08-25-2006, 05:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Josh the interior of the aluminum Legend's we are getting are 6'-7" wide, my aluminum flatlbed is 6'-8" wide inside but I still have to bring a rear tire up and over the side rail to get it in sideways. Unfortunately there is no way to turn the bike sideways inside the enclosed unless its an 8 footer wide rather than 7' (6'-7").

If you come up with a way to bring the bikes in already turned sideways on the ramp door then they will fit, but that would be a chore unless you get yourself 4 tire dollies - one for under each wheel, then roll her in. or maybe a quad jack - slip it under the belly, jack it up, roll it in on the quad jack's wheels, lower it, then pull the jack out for the next one.

If you're only hauling 3 quads, the easiest thing is to put one in the bed and two in the trailer end to end, but if you wanna haul 4 you gotta get creative.

Old 08-25-2006, 05:31 PM
Elite Pro Rider

When we went up to Oregon we borrowed my dad's enclosed trailer instead of having everything out in the open with our flatbed. Anyway it is a 7x14 and we fit the DS in sideways, it wasn't easy but we got it in there, it even has a six pack rack on it, It wasn't to difficult but it wasn't supper easy either.

I hope that helps ya out.

Old 08-25-2006, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider

I have a 7X16 enclosed trailer and my Raptor will barely turn sideways in it. The DS lists at 4.6 inches longer so It might fit but will be close. I also have the PRM desert grab bar. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Here is a pic of the room

Click Here [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-25-2006, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider

Well ya just pick it up and stand it up, they dont weigh that much geeeze.........if yo cant lift your quad ya cant ride it so there.

Old 08-25-2006, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider

Over 500 lbs and the owners manual recommends that you should NOT haul them stacked up like that. I'm no lightweight and maybe if I gave it everything I had I MIGHT be able to get it up on to the rear wheels but would rather not even have to try.

Old 08-25-2006, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: raidermike67
Over 500 lbs and the owners manual recommends that you should NOT haul them stacked up like that. I'm no lightweight and maybe if I gave it everything I had I MIGHT be able to get it up on to the rear wheels but would rather not even have to try.
Hey......I was kidding [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-25-2006, 06:30 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by: bberck
I have a 7X16 enclosed trailer and my Raptor will barely turn sideways in it. The DS lists at 4.6 inches longer so It might fit but will be close. I also have the PRM desert grab bar. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Here is a pic of the room

Click Here [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
LOL, well at least if they try to steal it, they might end up with a broken nut. =]

Quick Reply: Can you turn a DS sideways in a 7' wide enclosed trailer?