CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Outlander storage specs??

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 10:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outlander storage specs??

Ok, yesterday I'm telling my buddy we have plenty of storage for water etc. to go riding, spec sheet says 5.3 gallons?? This has to be a misprint or do they mean litres?? There is no way on God's green earth 5 gallons of anything is fitting back there, we barely fit two 32 oz. water bottles and a small fanny pack with a flat repair kit, my keys and a map. I'd say maybe two gallons??

Old 09-10-2006, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider

5.3 is the gas tank capacity.

Old 09-10-2006, 01:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

This has to be a misprint or do they mean litres?? There is no way on God's green earth 5 gallons of anything is fitting back there, we barely fit two 32 oz. water bottles and a small fanny pack with a flat repair kit, my keys and a map. I'd say maybe two gallons??
Maybe not. It could be correct.

I took a test for the state once and one of the questions was: How many gallons can you fit in a cubic foot?
Any guesses raidermike67?
They had figures from 3 to around 9 gallons. I said there is NO way your going to get 3 US gallons in a cubic foot!!!!
When I got back home I talked to the weights and measure guy that works in the same building as I do and asked him the question.

His answer:........................................... .........................he said something like 7 something gallons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I told him he did not know what the hell he was talking about and to stop smoking the weed and that there was no way in hell that you can put 7 gallons in a cubic foot!!!!! He said, well lets look it up.

To make a long story short, he made me look like the south end of a horse going north!!!!!!!!

I forget the exact figure but it was like you can fit 7.3 US gallons in 1 cubic foot!!!!!!!!!!!

That one still blows my mind. I should make a 1 foot box and go to some bars around here and make some money. I would have bet $100 bucks on it......................and I would have lost $100 bucks!!!!

Old 09-10-2006, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider

Interesting, I'm going to have to test this then, manual definately says 5 gallons, guess we'll see. I have a five gallon bucket, should be easy enough.....now that I look at the bucket, you are probably right.

Old 09-10-2006, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider

Just looked up how many cubic inches per gallon = 231. Cubic inches per cubic foot = 12"x12"x12" = 1728. Divide and the results are 7.48 gal/cubic foot.

raidermike, that must have been a misprint about the storage capacity in the back of the outy, especially since it came out to be the exact capacity of the gas tank. Put duct tape over the hole and pour 5 gal bucket of water in it. I would be surprised if it held that much, but volumes are hard to guess just by eye.