CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

???????? about outlander800

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 01:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ???????? about outlander800

Originally posted by: CaptainQuint
Originally posted by: kawiyowee Camo plastic not too good. Standard plastic very good, excellent
Can you elaborate on what is going on with the camo finish? Is it scratching off or flaking off or fading or what? I've been considering a camo model but just have never been too sold on the durability of that wet transfer process they use for applying that stuff to the plastics. I've seen a couple of instances of that stuff coming off other products it's been applied to.

I may just go with a green one. Something subdued. Camo skin tape might be a better option if the stuff tends to come off.
Captain, I've been getting jumped on lately by camo guys by saying it isn't as good, they're saying no problems after some pretty good hits. I don't have camo, got a couple of buddies, one has problem with chips, the other one doesn't have any problems. I guess you puts down your money and you takes your chances.

Old 01-06-2007, 08:58 PM
Trailblazer

if you put biger then 26 on it the visco 4x4 well not stay locked

Old 01-07-2007, 02:35 AM
Pro Rider

I have a camo xt and the front fenders have cracked. But the good thing is the dealer is taking care of it at no charge. I also have a non xt 800 I put just the bumpers on and yes it will wheelie much easier. Also as far as the XTR tires breaking axles I dont think so. I have had them on mine sence new without a issue. Now the 2500lbs winch I would sell it and get the 3000lbs winch, its much better.

Old 01-07-2007, 02:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

I noticed the other day after coming out of the woods, that the left front plastic around the headlights has a big crack in it. I don't remember hitting anything, especially THAT HARD. The plastic feels very brittle to me. I have the camo xt and that's the weird thing, it's behind the bumper???? Other than that, I love my outtie