CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

This place needs some living up!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 11:55 AM
amd
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This place needs some living up!!!

Man there has been nothing at all going on in this place. I dont get on here as much as I used to. I kind of see why now. Come one guys whats going on with your bikes right now. Anything new and exciting.

Mine is sitting on the jack going through some cutting and bashing for some more lighting.

Been a little chilly around here to get it out anyway. Its perfect conditions for the foreman....

Old 12-29-2006, 01:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

One thing I have learned about internet forums is it is always the guys that complain about the drama that are the first to complain when it stops. lol

I wonder when the light is going to go on that the reason for the drama is the lack of interest in the four-wheelers themselves????

If we had a new model to be experimenting with, we would all be talking about four-wheelers without the drama[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]......IMHO

Old 12-29-2006, 02:31 PM
Range Rover

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-29-2006, 02:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

well okay I'll converse, been working mega hours last several months but things are slowing down and I'm back on a little more than I have been lately

Only thing new I have going on is 6 year old stock suspension finally meeting its limits, my shocks are severely worn out now so I gotta get new. the fronts bottom in g-outs pretty hard now, and the rear is bottoming easier than it used to in deep whoops nad hard landings.

Gonna get a new pair of fronts from TCS with remote rezzys and send them my rear to have revalved and resprung and all 3 set up exactly for my weight and style. it will be money well spent, and long overdue.

also gotta get new ball joints for my ASR uppers, my 6 year old OEM lowers are perfectly fine but two years on the ASR's and they are shot and I mean shot.

Motor wise, all is well, no complaints or issues, still the same bulletproof old reliable that never lets me down.

Old 12-29-2006, 02:56 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: amd
Man there has been nothing at all going on in this place. I dont get on here as much as I used to. I kind of see why now. Come one guys whats going on with your bikes right now. Anything new and exciting.

Mine is sitting on the jack going through some cutting and bashing for some more lighting.

Been a little chilly around here to get it out anyway. Its perfect conditions for the foreman....
Im tryin to dream up a chassis to swap all the outty's parts to like this here prowler from ATV Corp I want the single seat model. if you watch the video's you would likely know why. So does anyone have any chassis design ideas?

Old 12-29-2006, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Hightower
well okay I'll converse, been working mega hours last several months but things are slowing down and I'm back on a little more than I have been lately

Only thing new I have going on is 6 year old stock suspension finally meeting its limits, my shocks are severely worn out now so I gotta get new. the fronts bottom in g-outs pretty hard now, and the rear is bottoming easier than it used to in deep whoops nad hard landings.

Gonna get a new pair of fronts from TCS with remote rezzys and send them my rear to have revalved and resprung and all 3 set up exactly for my weight and style. it will be money well spent, and long overdue.

also gotta get new ball joints for my ASR uppers, my 6 year old OEM lowers are perfectly fine but two years on the ASR's and they are shot and I mean shot.

Motor wise, all is well, no complaints or issues, still the same bulletproof old reliable that never lets me down.
I had the rear done by Todd at TCS, only complaint is the red helper spring on mine is worthless its just a spacer, so im bringing in the shock ASAP because im adding a 4" swing arm, I want eiback to make a longer (full length no preload spring) (TCS use Eiback Springs) so I might see your product in there Hightower!
I also have the ASR top A arms is the any better ball joints out on the market? or has ASR improved the ball joints they sell?

Old 12-29-2006, 04:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yes I know Todd that is who I am sending to, my '01 model DS has the red dual rate spring at the top (oem) and it is almost totally compressed when sitting at rest, they'll be getting replaced
I have not sent yet but will be in january, I have one more ride to get in first...

ASR has a higher quality heim that is teflon/kevlar lined and costs about $5 or $10 more if memory serves, but heims in general which are open and not sealed from the elements and the grit simply cannot last like a booted ball joint can, its just the nature of the beast and I don't fault ASR for it, just heims in general.

at the ASR ebay store you can get a set of 4 replacement ball joints for $80, and at 2 years a pair that $80 for 4 years of ball joint, I reckon that aint too bad.

Old 12-29-2006, 04:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

no wait a minute, its not Todd, its Joe I am shipping to...I do know Joe, met him in Idaho last year...

Old 12-29-2006, 06:28 PM
amd
Pro Rider

Thanks for your input dsnut. Now on to something worth while.

Old 12-29-2006, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

I tried out a new JE 11.5 piston, a ported intake, a bunch of carb mods and a new filter system yesterday in Florence.
It was a mixed bag, after the rings seated I could feel a little more power but I think I screwed the bike all up with a new intake and huge inverted cone filter. I left my old filter setup at home so had to make due with messing with the jetting and it never ran right.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] I know I should only make one change at a time but I got in a hurry.

I was pointed to Predatorowners.com and spent 2 hrs reading back posts about carb mods and filters, they run the same carbs you know. Everyone said long tube honda civic type intakes were a pain to jet and I have to agree.
There are alot of posts about a guy who mods the stock carburetor but his price has increased from $50 to $200 as he improved on his methods and added improvements. At that price range I'd start looking at different carbs.

Quick Reply: This place needs some living up!!!