CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

All I can say is wow

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 10:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All I can say is wow

Originally posted by: cynick
Seth really enjoyed piloting your bike which is why his is going in for an overhaul this winter. Can't wait to see the smile on his face when he can stomp a few more people.

It aint nothing buy money.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-01-2006, 01:16 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
Originally posted by: cynick
Seth really enjoyed piloting your bike which is why his is going in for an overhaul this winter. Can't wait to see the smile on his face when he can stomp a few more people.

It aint nothing buy money.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
How true that is.....But not only have I been able to prove you can shave a sinificant amount off of what a lot of people spend, I can now even tell you how to save another $100 or so......And for some every penny counts [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-01-2006, 02:18 AM
Pro Rider

There sure seems to be a negative vibe about some builders and parts suppliers from back east and i am curious as to why.I may be wrong but reading between the lines tells me that the cost of parts from a certain well known DS motor builder is a sore subject.I think we all know who i mean and i for one have no problem spending more for the best and remember that longevity counts in a build and only time will tell if cheaper parts will hold up.I think it is great to get performance for as little money as you can but there is a lot of R&D time spent to figure out how to make parts work in unison to achieve their maximum potential and personally i dont have the time or knowledge to do that so i pay a little more to someone who has.I dont believe that i would have the same performance that i do without the advice i got when i was putting together a list of parts and that is worth quite a lot as well.I guess that i am surprised that this post has some of the aspects that i thought we were trying to avoid like negative comments about certain builders and although subtle the comments are there.

Old 10-01-2006, 03:09 AM
Pro Rider

My personal issues are not with that one company, but I do have some with one idividual within it. However much I have an issue there, it is not what I am getting at. I have left those thoughts else where. What I am saying, is that You can do a lot without spending a lot. Did you pay for the Eastern porting, or shave yourself some pennies there? I am not trying to do anything but show people more choices out there, that work......

Old 10-01-2006, 03:11 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DragonDJ11
My personal issues are not with that one company, but I do have some with one idividual within it. However much I have an issue there, it is not what I am getting at. I have left those thoughts else where. What I am saying, is that You can do a lot without spending a lot. Did you pay for the Eastern porting, or shave yourself some pennies there? I am not trying to do anything but show people more choices out there, that work......
Well put. I agree.

Old 10-01-2006, 10:50 AM
Pro Rider

My port work cost me 250.oo and was done locally and works well.I too want everyone to get the most performance for the least money i just think that sometimes a little extra cost is worth it if the product is proven and can provide results better than the norm.Brent i was on the ODP forum and i read your post about Randall and had i read that before i responded i would have known where you were coming from.So far i have had very good customer service from the guys back east but if that changes so will my opinion.I guess at some point we will see if my expensive parts were worth it or not(on the hill).

Old 10-01-2006, 01:31 PM
Pro Rider

These post here are not to say anything negative about anyone company. Even in my highly annoyed post I left it nameless. But even if your parts end up being faster, and they very well could, I am happy with my choices with the money and time saved. When I sent my head to KMS, Kelly ported it, shimed it, set the valves and more. I had it back in 1 day. Huge!!!!

Old 10-01-2006, 01:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DragonDJ11
These post here are not to say anything negative about anyone company. Even in my highly annoyed post I left it nameless. But even if your parts end up being faster, and they very well could, I am happy with my choices with the money and time saved. When I sent my head to KMS, Kelly ported it, shimed it, set the valves and more. I had it back in 1 day. Huge!!!!

Now thats about as good as the customer service I got from my builder.