CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

What Products work for your DS!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 07:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Products work for your DS!!

KMS Performance EFI Turbo Kit [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Vortex CDI
HID lights

Old 09-27-2006, 09:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

In all seriousness, I first used the 48hv lectron carb, hpr drag pipe, vortex cdi with great results. The jj&a aluminum drag axle is a huge must for you serious draggers.

Now, I have turned to the Ron Wood Racing inframe drag pipe and have since installed a custom NOS nitrous system from THEBOM Racing on this combination and it has made a huge difference.

Any lightweight 530 chain will help shave a little rotating mass as well.

The aluminum gas tank from CP Customs has also shaved quite a few pounds from this beast.

I also like the looks of the polished aluminum drag radiator from K&T.

More to come on the results of my stock bore build from THEBOM Racing..........

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-27-2006, 09:49 AM
Pro Rider
Has been riding one thing or another since I was 11 years old.(31 years).

If you look at my signature this is what has worked well for me. i have some billet parts that i bought from On Dunes great place to buy from. my advise for the new guy would be to: USE A REPUATABLE SHOP, KMS did my work and it was flawless. if the look is what you want, Verde Power Sports is the place, they will design a package just for you. Oh yeah GREAT THREAD & no bashing either.

Old 09-27-2006, 11:40 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

My dual lectrons were an unbelievable improvement but the best thing I bought were HPR cams and porting............of course the cams in my motor haven't hit the market yet but they gave me within 1 hp of peak power over a range of 2500 rpm. (7000 - 9500 flat curve)!

That is what is known as a drag racing curve[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-27-2006, 02:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

The BEST mods ive done bar none are the HPR lectron 48/50mm, HPR ugly stick (inbreed race head done by several mechanics) I really like the hpr featherweight piston with super light wrist pin and ring package. Also, The drag axle from ondunes and light front end helped alot. The super dial a jet from beechman also added to the lectron was very impressive.

I remember when I had the preacher 730cc with duall 39s and Ron Woods full pipe.. I was shocked what the ugly stick and lectron did for performance.. It was a night and day torq and hp difference. Hope this helps!!

I have more stuff in the mail from hpr that I will update with in a few days.

Old 09-27-2006, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER

I have more stuff in the mail from hpr that I will update with in a few days.
Ahh yea... I too have a nice little box coming from HPR.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I will hopefully be reporting on how much I love my new adjustable power jet Lectron 48, and lightened hubs w/ Yami pattern.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Also there was a rumor going around that I had another box coming that may have a Sidewinder Ti-Moly 520 conversion, and a Vortex... just a rumor OK.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-27-2006, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider

Great thread...

HMF Slip On: Good price, excellent quality and very good power increase on stock bike.

IMS Pegs: Will never have a quad without them.

Trailtech 1 1/8" Billet Mount and Tag Bars-Double High: Have them on both DS's

TM45 w/ Ported Intake: Excellent power gains. With this carb, hmf, and airbox lid removed I would never want anymore power for dirt, it runs AWESOME.

Razr II's: Best tires I have had, hook up great and slide great. Plus they wear like a rock.

Engine Ice: On my 01 with radiator shrouds and no fan, it never got over 200 unless I was idling for 20 minutes.

Pro Armor Swingarm Skid: Easy to install and takes a beating.

Ron Woods CDI: Works as advertised.

I also wanted to say that I have had nothing but great experiences with Jeff Ross (The Bom Racing), VERY helpful and spent lots of time on the phone with me. Also Ron Woods has been very good.

I think that is it, I just bought an 01 with some HPR stuff on it, so once I get it dialed in I might post a second reply.

Old 09-27-2006, 04:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Fatholly- LOL, I hear ya.. Im so impatient when it comes to ordering things that I have used second day or overnight freight EVERY time ive ordered from Randall And Eric. They MUST think I have the DS bug.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] BTW- Your gonna be SUPER happy once you get your stuff dialed in. PM me and let me know what you got going in the motor. I want to hear the results...

Old 09-27-2006, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider

Wow good stuff. Let me see...............

HPR 14/1 piston
HPR cams
Wood CDI
Titanium rear axle
Triple buff ultralight Extreme Haulers 25"
Methanol
Marvin Shaws
TM48 with poted intake
520 chain and sprockets

The biggest improvement is the fact that people like Eric (MR HP) and Jeff Ross (The Bomb) take the time to help out a DS brother. Now thats what its all about for me. I also have to say on this forum we sometimes get caught up in the BS not the DS. Ive had soooooooooooooo many people help me out and I always try to help where I can. I could try to name people but Ive had so many help me I wouldnt know where to start. To all of you thanks

Hey thats cool. No BS just DS

Old 09-27-2006, 05:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I agree mrmeaner.. I also need to give credit to sandbomber.. He showed me that the lighter parts make ya go fast as well. Glenn has pioneered a bunch of one off parts that are custom for the DS..

I still wonder where the heck we would be without HPR, Glenn, And Jeff.

Quick Reply: What Products work for your DS!!