CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

two new sport quads from Bombardier

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2000, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was reading the Fasttrek column and they mentioned that Bombardier had both a twin 380 and single 250 two-stroke in the works. They also had a big interview with Sundahl about the Baja 2000 win. It was pretty cool. Also, Bombardier said that they are going to get into ATV racin. Check out the site at www . atvscene . com

Personally, if Bombardier came out with a 250 two-stroke quad, I'd be in dept... hehe

'01 Yamaha 660R Raptor

Old 12-07-2000, 03:02 PM
Pro Rider

Bombardier makes a six speed 250cc single with a power valve. Lonestar a few years back put one in one of there frames.

Old 12-07-2000, 07:11 PM
Pro Rider

I,ve seen this rumor on another board, and just read the above article. I personally don't think it is a rumor. I think Bombardier knows what their doing, just think about the publicity a new 250 two stroke would create. They already have the motor, with six speed gear box. Also with all the after market frames on the market for this type of combination, there would be little to no engineering and design to be done. Just take the measurements and build it. I think they could sell every one of these that they build, and make huge profits even if production only lasted a couple years due to more two stroke restrictions. Having owned many of their sleds, I know how fast they are capable of turning out all new sleds every two or three years. Infact the whole snowmobile industry does that. So if they could get a production run of say three years, before more restrictions are passed, I think it might just happen. Honda built the 250r for just 4 years, and have gotten some 14yrs of publicity for it.

Old 12-08-2000, 06:15 PM
Pro Rider

If they build it, I will come!! That (will) be the best thing to happen to atvs in 12 years!! With that prospect I am going to hold off on a Banshee in hopes of a 250 from Bomb. Cross your fingers... I just read the fast trak column,I am literally exstatic! Does Bombardier have a email address?

Old 12-08-2000, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider

oh i hope they make them. i hope i hope i hope they doooooo. up until now i wanted a raptor but if they come out with a 2 stroke then screw the raptor. unless its really stupid lookin (like the gas gas)

Old 12-12-2000, 05:28 AM
Pro Rider

This news is also reported in the new ATV action-Bombardier marches to a different drummer-If anyone releases a new two-stroke perhaps they will have the nerve.

Old 12-12-2000, 10:46 AM
Pro Rider

Bombadier is a Canadian Company and they make more snowmoliles than any thing eles ,so building 2 strokes quades would not bother them at all. The only thing is would they be High Powered 2 strokes like a moto cross bike or a low powered one like in there 250 single Bombadier sleds, which would be like a Polaris Trail Blazer 250. Bombadier uses Rotax engines and Rotax used to make High Powered moto cross engines for Can-Am ,a Company that used to make fast moto cross and pure enduros until the early 80s.

Old 12-12-2000, 07:54 PM
Pro Rider

If Bombardier builds a 250 two stroke, it will most likely be high performance. There would be absolutely no reason to put a two stroke in a low perfomance package. Thats what four strokes are for. By the way, Rotax is owned by Bombardier, and bombardiers biggest buisneses are High speed trains and Lear-Jets. Not snowmobiles. Also I've been looking at new sleds, and one thing stands out. Their all two strokes. Don't snowmobiles face the same emissions standards as other off road vehicles? If so, I don't see a four stroke sled as a reallity any time soon.

Old 12-12-2000, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider

Bombardier uses Rotax engines, and Rotax makes a high performance 250 for ATK motocross bikes, here are the ratings on the motor from ATK HP/Torque rating: 50.2hp/28.5ft.lbs. That would make one heck of an engine! I'm just trying to determine if they are really serious about making this bike, if they are I would buy it the first day it was available.

Old 12-12-2000, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider

There is a company in Vista CA that make a 4-stroke sled check www.off-road.com one or two months ago did a story on it.

Quick Reply: two new sport quads from Bombardier