CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Need honest opinion either get an outty or keep ds

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need honest opinion either get an outty or keep ds

Cardiac sorry to hear about the complications and I would be sad to see the ds go also...Yea I have my 450r for jumping so I would most likely have a ute that I can use and pull up to the line and beat most quads[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Goodsound I will keep that into consideration but I just got a 450r and would be buying the outty so I will prob need some money but after all I soent into my ds it prob would be worth keeping and maybe wind up racing it at the local race track on ashphalt...I have yet to sit on an outlander but have heard great things about the quad overall and will problably wind up either selling my ds to get one or just wait a little longer and get one and keep the ds and maybe in the future be able to make my ds capable of atleast keeping up with your times...Thanks
How is heads up racing coming along goodsound?

Old 10-25-2006, 08:28 PM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !

Great[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2006, 09:02 PM
Elite Pro Rider

why not just get rid of the 450 and keep the DS and then buy an outlander. Well that is the way I would do it. The DS is alot more comfortable to ride than the 450 in my opinion. But if you have the means. Keep them all. And find someone that doesn't have one to ride with ya. It is always good to have spares.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2006, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

If its paid for why not keep it as a sort of capitol.Not to mention you just might miss it alot.

How wide is the outty?

Old 10-25-2006, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider

Quit talkin about this topic! Cause it could be reality in the new yr when my renegade comes in and it decision time for my DS!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-25-2006, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider

Well the 450r I just got about a month and a half ago and love it along with my ds so I wouldn't get rid of it and yes I would miss it and don't think I could get rid of it and giving it more thought into depth and listening what you guys had suggested it really isn't worth getting rid off...I should just keep building my garage instead with atv's...I guess I will just have to ride 3 quads then[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I appreciate everyones input on my topic as sometimes I just can't make up my mind of what i really want to do and am a stubborn German [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I guess once I get the 450r payed off I will have to start saving for the outty

Old 10-26-2006, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider

I've had a few quads in my day, the Outy is the best all-around, and just about the best individual such as handling, etc., that I've ever been on.

All Outy owners had something else before it, and I have yet to hear even one say " I'm going to get such a such a quad next year, sell this one". Haven't heard that one time.

Spend a nice day riding a friend's Outy, he can ride one of yours, you won't have any questions at the end of the day. BTW, I'm not rich, but I could get a renegade when they come out. With my Outy, no reason to.

Old 10-26-2006, 04:03 AM
Trailblazer

bombrider04, all I own is the Outy 800, but every time I stop by the dealer to shoot the breeze, I find myself sitting on the DS. Thinking this is what I need. I miss the old days on my trx 250R. So I think it would be cool to own both. But the 450R is very nice too. Tough decision....I'd like to have a barn full of both. You would like the 800 alot, they are very sweet. Good Luck

Old 10-26-2006, 06:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I would keep the DS, sell the 450r, and buy the Outy! But I am biased on sport quads being very tall and nothing fits me like a DS. i ride my DS in woods trails mostly, but also frequent dunes. Nobody can lose me in the trails on my DS, and some have a hard time keeping up with me. its just a matter of preference that is influenced greatyl by rider size I reckon.

Old 10-26-2006, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider

Well after actually thinking it through I will most likely want to save the ds since I wouldn't get anythign for it even if I sold it compared to what i have in it sofar...I just got the r and love that also but something is missing and when everyone talks about the outties and I see pics that makes me want to get one even more...And since talking to you guys it has helped me realize that it would be cool to have an assortment of quads 450r,ds and an outty to my lineup so thats what i would like to do once my r is paid off...Hopefully it won't take long for me to save up for the outty and man I can't wait til that day comes...Thanks again all

Quick Reply: Need honest opinion either get an outty or keep ds