CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Outlander 800 - Squeak in Rear Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 01:14 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outlander 800 - Squeak in Rear Suspension

Has anyone experienced a squeak near the rear swing arm pivot point? If you push straight up and down on the rear end it does NOT sqeak, but if you rock it side to side it squeaks. When crawling over ruff terrain where the rear wheels are responding independently to uneven terrain it gets very annoying listening to the squeaking. There does not appear to be any play in the pivot bearings and since it only does it when the rears wheels are not traveling together I expect it has something to do with the internal torsion bar. I am setting up an appointment for my dealer to look at it but I was wondering if this had happened to anyone else and what the fix was. My dealer has never run across this problem. My 400 Outlander never had this squeak. My 800 has about 90 hours on it.

Old 10-26-2006, 03:47 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outlander 800 - Squeak in Rear Suspension

MOTOMAX4, My 800 XT is still pretty new, but I will start paying more attention to this, and I have a place in mind to go to try this out. There is this levee close by my house that is in rip-rap. I will try to crawl around ou to the top and see what happens. I havn't really tried and rough stuff yet, but I am anxious to try. I have this steep trench by my house, and when I drive straight down it, the XT front bumper round tubing buries itself in the other side of the trench going back up. It's about 15 feet down to the bottom. I carry alot of turf and dirt back up the other side stuck in the tubing, but i havn't had to put it in 4X yet while doing this. People have watched me go down thinking " look at this nut" but when they see me crawl back up the other side, they just kinda shake their head and drive off in their cars. It's pretty cool.... I will get back at ya later to let you know if I hear any sqeaks. Later, CK