CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Whats next in search for big power?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats next in search for big power?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 10-28-2006, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rcoop
If you just want to dragrace it drag axle, 520 chain, and nitrous. That will beat any carb,pipe,or cdi.
Yep, Less rotating mass and a little juice goes a long way's drag racing. Oldman's carb mods are the chit. Do em and save some cash. Dont forget some medium buff 8 paddles. I dont see the point of a higher rev limit when your running basically a stock head. Your losing power after about 7300 rpm anyway. A little over rev is ok but until your ported and cammed your money is better spent elsewhere. My .02

Old 10-28-2006, 06:10 PM
Pro Rider

Just buy the World Famous Spiderbike and be finished....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 10-28-2006, 07:45 PM
Trailblazer

OK, maybe I shouldnt have stressed drag racing so much. But in the car world, if you tell someone you want all around power then you get a bunch of bulls$hi% answers that dont help much. I do ride it around but i could care less about how it does in the trails....I just want to stretch all my buddies out.....And as far as the raptor thing, no thanx. Nothing against em, i just like to be different. Everybody has a raptor or a 450. I like the ds and the pred just cause they are different. And none of the guys i ride with expect my bike to be fast. Its too big and heavy. So what exacly is a drag axle, Is it only for dragging, i mean can you ride and jump it without folding it. And how much are we talking?

Old 10-28-2006, 07:51 PM
Trailblazer

I have just competed old mans carb mods and I am not sure how much it helped....It seems to run strong. I dont have another bike that i have raced to compare but i am going riding 2morrow and ill find out for sure.

I did drag my buddies LS1 trans am down the street though till top of 5th.....Kinda funny. He wasnt happy. I think that the 15 tooth sprocket in the front hurt its straightline performane on the street or in the fields. But i know it helped it in the sand....Had some 8 paddle haulers on it and I was kickin some mild 450s asses. I am impressed with the carb mods so far. We will see 2morrow......No cutting out or sputtering on the top after jetting. I am just running the stock intake tube with a uni and no air box. Is that a no no? It seems ok.

Old 10-28-2006, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !

NITROUS...................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-28-2006, 10:27 PM
Trailblazer

Oh yeah.....I am a bottle baby. I dont need any encouragement to spray on my shiot. I love to spray on my car, but i think i can stay on top on motor against the guys i ride with. I only need about 5 lengths to just destroy all of em. One 450r and one predator got me by about 2 lengths on concrete. 450r has cam, ignition, filter, jetting, and a full system, and sprocket. The predator i didnt know. He was just at the spot. Other than that , i got em covered. I just want the 5 lengths to give me a little breathin room out front. lol

Old 10-29-2006, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider

If you need a full 5 lengths gain you will probably need a carb along with a pipe or end cap.A CDI would be a big help for you also.I am currently using a Big Gun that has been working well but i am switching to a Vortex soon.Before i had any internal mods done i used just a ported intake,Lectron 46 carb and a Top Gun pipe and that gained me 5 lengths at least but that may be more than you want to spend.I dont know how the Mikuni TM45 would work as compared to the Lectron but they can be had used for quite a bit less than the Lectron.So....maybe a used Lectron or a mikuni 45 and a end cap with a CDI,that would get you the 5 lengths that you need for fairly cheap.

Old 10-29-2006, 02:44 AM
Trailblazer

Thanx alot, that seems to be the way i am going. I did the carb mods 2day, and i am going to get a slip on (prob hmf, are they pretty good?) and the big gun pretty quick. I think the carb will have to be last. I have the money for a used tm45 but i have heard to save for the lectron and that i will be much happier. So i dunno....But i am on my way. This site is a really great help.

Old 10-29-2006, 07:20 AM
Pro Rider

Check the ads in the Magazines i saw the biggun for 91$ at chapperal motor sports.That
will help save for a carb.

Quick Reply: Whats next in search for big power?