CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Clash of the Titans 2007 Spring Jamboree!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 03:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clash of the Titans 2007 Spring Jamboree!!!!!

whatever happened to run what you brung and quit crying. i remember when you looked at each others bike and you would either run em or not. none of that i weigh more than you do so i need a head start. those were the good old days when everyone was still friends at the end of a hard days racing.

Old 12-05-2006, 08:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Guys, Im all about run what you brung. Just line me up and lets get it on. I loose oh well. Ill be back at the line for the next race. Nitrous, no nitrous, gas, alcohol. I dont care.

Old 12-18-2006, 02:23 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSNUT
I would like to know the names of these additives that oxygenate highly.......enough to make a difference......that are hard to get (regulated) and produce no smell.

The additives i have seen:

Propelyne (I don't know anything about this additive except the name and that some have tried it)
Nitro Propane/koolanol (klotz)
Nitro Methane (Top Fuel.....does not mix well with gas)
Methanol (used as an additive to gas)
Fastforward (I don't know what is in this stuff)
Most oxygenated race gas (like U4) uses Nitropropane as the oxygenator.

The klotz NP/K is sworn to by some, others can't see a difference. Those who play it safe and always run a little rich, will see gains because it will lean them out a bit. Those who run on the edge won't see gains unless they add more fuel. The biggest benefit is the cooling effect of the koolanol. The one time I tried the stuff I saw a 1/4 bike improvement on about a 600' long hill series of runs......that was only after I added more fuel with the powerjets. Too much of a hassle to bother with for the gains.

Fastforward also has some diehard followers. I know some people who run this additive and they say in large quantities (30% or more) it helps by 2 lengths or so on the same hill. In those quantities it is very obvious in the exhaust. Running the recommended amount never showed marked improvement for the one group I know that uses the stuff.

Methanol is a slight improvement but only if you put the exact ratio in. Too much or too little will slow you down. The perfect ratio???? depends on the conditions of the day. Not user friendly when you only get 2 - 3 practice passes which are also qualifying passes.

Nitro Methane is regulated and is a terribly powerful additive. It has such a high oxygen count, they run this stuff up to 100% and the cylinders are nearly hydrolocked to keep from running lean!!!!! You can't mix it with Gas without horrendous hot spots that will remove portions of your head, piston or valves depending on its mood, lol. This stuff will burn your eyes at the line. No problem detecting this stuff!

Propolyne.......Never used it. I know nothing about it except it is a derivative of rubbing alcohol which indicates it is simply an oxygenator.........how potent? I don't know. Can you smell it? I don't know.

Nitro Propane like is used in U4. It mixes with gas and is an oxygenator. U4 uses very little, what happens if you use more? Can you smell it? Can you test for it? I don't know.

Ok, on to the interesting stuff[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

What are some of these powerful oxygenators that you cannot smell but make noticable E.T. differences?

Never got an answer to this question[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I have heard from a couple of people on this forum about these POWERFUL fuel additives that cannot be smelled but make huge power gains. What are the names of these additives? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-18-2007, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider

I hope you boys and girls are making plans to attend the most premier sand drag event to ever be held on a 300ft strip. March will be here before you know it.

Be sure to check out the new and improved class structure with the introduction of a stock bore/stock stroke class.

See note for explanation.

Old 01-18-2007, 06:58 PM
Pro Rider

never mind.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 01-18-2007, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: shmee
never mind.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

You need to give a little more information for us to help your confusion, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 01-18-2007, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider

i had one of thos moments.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 01-18-2007, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider

Hmm, you need more than a moment, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-19-2007, 05:15 PM
Pro Rider

Bump for an upcoming event

Old 01-20-2007, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Clash of the Titans 2007 Spring Jamboree!!!!!